Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had been wanting to try this foundation ever since it first came out and after a bunch of debating I finally gave in and bought it along with the HD primer in green. It was pretty pricey, but I figured if it worked well then I'd have no problem supporting my purchase. I've used it a few times so far and I've yet to be impressed. I know it's supposed to be a moderate to full-coverage foundation, but it doesn't give me good coverage at all. My Revlon Color Stay gives much better coverage. Maybe it's because MUFE's is a lot lighter and has a thinner consistency? I've been using at least 4-5 pumps and I'm not sure how much they expect me to use to achieve decent coverage. If it doesn't work better next time, I'm returning it.

Pros: lightweight, sanitary/ easy to use packaging, very wide range of colors

Cons: emphasizes all the dry patches on your skin, alright coverage

on 2/23/2009 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I like this foundation. It makes my skin look really natural and youthful. I love the glow it gives me. It works well with my Mac 187 stippling brush as well as a regular foundation brush. If you like that Matte look, this foundation may not be for you. This product has more of a glowy look by mid and end of the day. I have oily skin and I touch up with a light touch of powder 6-8hours later. Sometimes, I don't at all. I prefer the youthful-glowy look. This foundation makes me feel as if I don't have any makeup on. Very light. So far, it's one of the best foundations for me. I don't seem to breakout from the product like I do when trying the others.

on 2/23/2009 11:11:00 PM

This is a fairly decent foundation - definitely better than any drugstore option I've tried, but it has its draw backs.
First, I'm not typically oily, but I have to blot like crazy during the day with this stuff. It also seems to wear off a bit during the day (probably has something to do with the oil-inducing factor).
Also, I have lots of hyper-pigmentation spots and the coverage just isn't THAT great - its decent, but MAC's SFF is far better. I would like to add that if you just have a bit of redness (rather than SPOTS), this would probably be the perfect foundation.

On the plus side, it hasn't caused any blemishes, it actually looks very natural (even when I examine myself 2" from a mirror) and the color selection is wonderful.

My favorite way to make it perfect is 1 pump of the HD along with 1 pump of my Studio Fix Fluid in NC15. That way I get the coverage and lasting power I want along with a pretty natural look.

on 2/23/2009 10:38:00 PM

Horrible product! I have an oily t-zone, but the rest of my skin is normal. This product made me look like an OIL stick all over. My cheeks were oily and that has never ever happened to me before. It was disgusting. It is THE WORST foundation that I have ever tried. A complete waste of money. It's going back!

on 2/23/2009 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this foundation in Sephora in the shade 120 because I have really strong yellow undertones, and it matches my skin perfectly...but I sort of have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. Some days when I apply it, it makes my skin look flawless...but then other days it makes my skin look really cakey, and it emphasizes my dry patches. I dont know...maybe it's just me, maybe I dont moisturize well. But on a positive note, I would definetley purchase this foundation again, and I love this foundation because it does not break me out. It says in the bottle that it is dermatologist tested. I love the fact that the foundation comes with a pump.
All in all, I do like this foundation and I will re-purchase.

I love this foundation!

I've been using mineral foundation for a few years, but lately I haven't been liking it (it seems to settle into little imperfections, and it's a bit dry for skin in the winter), so I've been searching for a good liquid. Usually, I hate the feeling of liquid foundations, they always feel like masks, or just make me greasy & even more prone to breakouts, but this one is terrific.

I cannot feel it on my face at all, and it has not caused me to break out or get greasy. It's smooth and easy to apply, and it comes in a good range of colors so it wasn't hard to find one that matched my skin tone perfectly. It looks very natural, not mask-like like some liquids.

I use a clean makeup sponge to apply it for most days, but if I want more coverage a foundation brush works well too.

on 2/22/2009 4:51:00 AM

I would say this beat out my MAC Studio Sculpt & Studio Fix Fluid.

Pros: easy to blend, great packaging (pump), great color selection, feels light on the face, doesn't oxidize as quickly, medium - full coverage (very buildable)

Cons: doesn't control oil well since a lot of touch up is needed, expensive, shine, coverage not as good as MAC

All in all, this did live up to the hype in some ways. The flawless finish was there since it was so easy to blend and the color selection is so great its pretty much undetectable on the face. My MAC Studio Fix Fluid oxidized too quickly and felt very heavy on my face and this MUDE HD is quite the opposite.

Will repurchase & I personally prefer this over the MAC foundations.

Future reference, I am a 153 in MUFE HD and an NC 42 IN MAC.

on 2/21/2009 9:34:00 PM

I won't say this is a bad foundation, I just found it to be average. I found the color selection to be quite impressive and the foundation did blend well as well as wear well throughout the day but it just wasn't really doing anything for me. I prefer something with more of a dewy finish and also felt this was a little drying. I didn't hate this foundation but I wouldn't buy it again.

I must say, I did get sucked into trying this in Sephora because of the hype, however I'm very glad I did. Rarely do I find a foundation that is light enough for my skin tone but this did it! Easily the best in terms of finding my color.

I love the coverage as well. Since it's buildable, I can build the coverage from a sheer to full, which is great. I apply this with a stippling brush and then smooth out any lines with a sponge.

The packaging is great. Because it has a pump it is easy to get the right amount of product and the bottle is clear so you know when you are running low.

The only negative thing is that it doesn't hold up to the oil slick called my face. By the end of the day my face is extremely shiny and this does not do a good job in terms of controlling oil.

Overall, I love this stuff. It is so natural looking and I feel so pretty when I have it on. I will definitely repurchase.

on 2/20/2009 4:47:00 PM

I want to try this foundation makeup. I'm writing in response to those who've commented about not being able to wear foundation with sunscreen if you'll be photographed. I was curious about it and then someone said it was because you look chalky. If you know Paula Begoun's work you'll know that chalkiness only comes from makeup containing physical sunscreens like titanium dioxide or zinc oxide. The avobenzone containing foundations won't give you a chalky look. I haven't been happy with any of the foundations with td or zd because they always seem to give my skin a whitish cast.