Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush

3.3

on 8/22/2013 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love love love this mascara! For the price its fabulous. My lashes turn out actually very fluffy and a decent length. Not spidery at all. I feel like my lashes could be thicker, but a full look is achieved. Its also very consistent. Stays put for the most part on the bottom. Ive been using this for over a year now :)

on 8/20/2013 8:38:00 PM

First I should start by saying that I have very long, thick, dark lashes. The only problem is that they are straight and I need to curl them and apply a good mascara to be able to take full advantage of them. I have great lashes so why not get them to their best potential right? This mascara was one that I had high hopes for. I've heard some pretty good things about Maybelline mascara in the past so I decided to try this product out. This mascara though, is terrible. The price is great, but the brush is flimsy and the formula doesn't hold curl. After thirty minutes of curling my lashes and applying this product my lashes are already straight again. By the end of the day it doesn't even look like I'm wearing mascara. If you're like me and want to take full advantage of your lashes and want to have a nice curl then don't buy this product. Pros: Fair price. Cons: Flimsy brush, doesn't hold curl.

on 8/17/2013 6:43:00 PM

This isn't the greatest mascara ever, but I do like it. I have long, dark eyelashes, but they refuse to curl. I will use an eyelash curler on them, and for the first minute they look amazing, almost fake, but then after a while they will go back to being so straight they look inexistent. I like Mega Plush because it held my curl for about 8 hours, give or take, which is more than any mascara I've tried in the past. Also, the black color is really dark and rich, which is wonderful. However, the formula feels dry, and even though it is waterproof, it smudges to by the end of the day. I was looking for a mascara that would last all day, through all of my activities. Also, the big brush is nice for the longer lashes, but it's hard to get the very outer lashes without making a huge mess (and I don't even want to know about what would happen if I tried my bottom lashes). Another thing about the brush is that it is bendy, which makes application tricky at first, but it's nothing after I got the hang of it.

I should mention that normal soap and water will not remove this mascara completely. It will get most of it off, but I usually use a specific waterproof eye makeup remover to really clean off my lashes. This takes me a couple of minutes more in my routine, but I don't mind.

If I can't find some better mascaras, I will buy this one again, but I think I'll experiment for a while.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I got the mega plush a couple months ago. And I was using it for a good amount of time. But what I didn't realize is that this does clump a little and it flakes, which I found disappointing considering that one of the promises for the product was never brittle never flakey. I have long but thin lashes and this didn't do the job for me. When i'm looking for a Mascara I need something to thicken. This simply made my lashes look longer and thinner. I think if your looking for length then this mascara good be a good bet but not for volume or thickness.

on 8/16/2013 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I like this mascara the brush is great, my lashes never get clumpy and its lasts a while. I think its more about how you apply the product then anything else, I just wiggle the brush when I apply it for no clumps. Hope this helps! (:

on 8/16/2013 3:53:00 PM

Love this stuff. The brush took some getting used to, but I think the design of the brush is what helps to create the plush effect. Will def. repurchase.

There something I can't put my finger on about this mascara it just so amazing. I put on my other mascaras on and there just so boreding and then you put this mascara on and boom the party is here. It so black and the gel formula is perfect. The packaging is so basic which I love. I will totally will be buying this mascara again .

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

the brush is okay, the mascara is okay

on 8/15/2013 5:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love Maybelline mascaras. They generally work great on my lashes and this one is no exception. I have this in Blackest Black. The brush is not fixed; it has a joint that makes it feel unstable, and it felt really weird to me at first, but now I don't even notice it. The brush is thick with large bristles- it honestly doesn't look that promising, but it actually works. For reference, I am blessed with long and thick eyelashes naturally... This mascara just really coats them well and makes them dark and full and fabulous. It does not feel gross and hard when dry (like every other mascara in the universe does); in fact, you could put SO many coats on and still be able to have zero clumps as you can always separate your lashes. (No need for a clean spoolie for separating, either- you can just use the brush!) This is not your mascara if you're into the natural look (however I suppose you could try a Brown-Black in this mascara and it might be more natural-looking, or just put one coat on). Oh, and the package is adorable. I didn't give this 5 lippies as some people's lashes may not be suited for this, especially if you have really short ones.
Update: This is still a really good mascara, but after debating for a while if I would repurchase this once the 3-4 months rolled around, I decided to go back with my old favorite, the Colossal Volum Express (from Maybelline, still). And the Colossal is just as good as ever- I'm pretty positive that it's my HG.
This mascara is really nice because it doesn't make your lashes crunchy, just like it's advertised ("mega PLUSH"). It's the only mascara I've tried that doesn't do that.

on 8/14/2013 10:14:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Bought this mascara on a whim, and got home to read tons of negative reviews here. I was fairly anxious to see how it fared on my short, straight, fine lashes, however was not disappointed. The formula is lightweight, seems to hold curl, and definitely makes my lashes look quite full. Two coats on my lashes actually creates quite a dramatic look (especially considering most reviews suggested this as an "everyday mascara"). I haven't experienced any clumping either. Contrary to what many other people have experienced, I have worn this for 21 hours, and out clubbing, and have not experienced any smudging. Only downside for me is the brush. The bendy bit is ridiculous and just makes it feel unstable and difficult to apply. I also find the applicator itself to be too big. I like this mascara, however I don't love it, and I'm sure I could find something better in the price range. Might buy again, but would most likely keep searching for my HG mascara.

Popular Mascaras