Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 10/6/2013 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I tried all four colors in the range.

Blackest black: awesome pigmentation, matte finish and creamy texture.
Eggplant: awful, no pigmentation, dry texture, went in the garbage,
Brown: Beautiful matte cocoa brown. Great for fair girls, dries to a matte finish.
Graphite: beautiful gunmetal with a metallic finish.

They all apply well, are creamy and do not budge except the eggplant color. With the the tree other colors you can go wrong. And there is 3g of product in there you have some for a long time.

on 10/5/2013 10:54:00 AM

I bought ELF creme eyeliner yesterday but I traded it in today for Lasting Drama because of all the raves I've read here. I tried it for the first time and so far, it's got good solid color and a creamy consistency. It's been 6 hours and so far, no budging and creasing. Note that I applied this on bare eyelids so it had no eyeshadow or primer to cling on. The brush is longer for easier application, hence better than those teensy useless 2-inch ones. I hope this doesn't dry out on me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I like this because it's a lot more forgiving than liquid liner. I don't use the brush it comes with, I prefer a bent eyeliner brush. This goes on smooth & quite black, and I haven't had a problem with it lasting.. but sometimes I set it with black eyeshadow. Mine dried out after quite a few months, but I added eye drops to it & it was fine.

on 10/3/2013 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought this product specifically with tightlining in mind and it'd proved to be excellent at that and as a general eyeliner!

It's my first gel product and I'm really impressed at its durability. I have oily skin, but this stays almost exactly in place all day even without a primer. It also has very little transference, even when tightlining, if you keep your eye open for just a few seconds while it dries. I wish it came in a slightly lighter colour, but it's definitely a brown over a black unlike other products with not enough colour distinction.

It's quite easy to spread, though clumping can be an issue if you put too much product on the brush or the brush hasn't been wiped. It's very easy to control even for someone with shakier hands like me! It's very easy to do multiple passes without it becoming dark or clumpy.

The packaging is really cute and nice with the glass bottom. The brush that comes with it is also nice for a more blended look, though not as helpful for sharper lines.

But what it comes down to, for me, is how well it stays put. This is the only, and I mean only, product that will stay on my very oily lids without a primer. Scandal Eyes smudged in hours, many others in minutes. This stuff barely budges after twelve yet comes off easily with makeup remove. Can't explain that, don't really care. I'm just so glad to find a liner that continues to be a line all day.

on 9/26/2013 7:52:00 PM

I have really oily lids and even with primer, my liner seems to fade by the end of the day. This did not fight the oily-ness very well and it smudged by the end of day.

on 9/26/2013 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've had mine for a while now and I'm really surprised that it hasn't dried out. I wouldn't say this is the best cream eyeliner ever but it does the job. It lasts and doesn't smudge all over the damn place or flake. I do use the brush that came with the eyeliner and haven't had any problems with it. This is reliable, but I plan on trying out the Essence eyeliner once I'm finished with this one.

on 9/26/2013 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Good stuff, didn't have any problem with it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

sucks smudges alot

on 9/25/2013 11:38:00 PM

This is a really good gel liner! I love it and it lasts all day on my waterline. It also doesn't irritate my eyes. it's creamy and it glides on smoothly The lasting power is great! Doesn't flake or smudge. I have two colors the Blackest Black and Brown and the both work the same for me. Both colors have no shimmers or glitters at all.

on 9/25/2013 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Oh goodness... I LOVE this stuff! I've had the most difficulties trying to find an eyeliner that wasn't gloppy and smearry... and here it is. Behold! It's seriously the greatest eyeliner ever (: and even though the tub is really small.... the product lasts for a long time. This is my HG eyeliner!

Video Reviews & Tutorials