LUSH Charity Pot

3.7

Water (Aqua), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata),Geranium Oil (Pelargonium crispum), Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera) , Tagetes Oil (Tagetes minuta) , Triethanolamine, Cetearyl Alcohol,*Geraniol,*Citronellol,*Limonene, *Linalool ,Fragrance , Perfume,Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 10/5/2014 4:18:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

With the original Charity Pot, I wasn't too impressed. It smelled nice, but wasn't a scent I was keen on having in a body lotion. With the new reformulated Charity Pot, I'm in absolute love! The smell is super light, very floral and fresh with a hint of sweetness. The lotion I feel is lighter and sinks in faster than the original formulation and I love the inclusion of aloe vera. I scalded my hand pretty badly on some spilt tea and put this on right after and the burning increased dramatically. It leaves me feeling soft and silky all over! Would love to buy again!

on 8/14/2014 5:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I quite like this one. The smell is really nice and is good for my fairly sensitive skin. However, the packaging isn't great. When the pot is still fairly full, bits of lotion get in between the lid and the pot, so it spills down the side after closing it! As nice as this is, I prefer dream cream.

on 8/12/2014 11:59:00 PM

My skin is really dry and I've always been searching for mositurizing lotions. I went into my local LUSH store and the staff recommended me this one and the famous Dream Cream. I decided to get Charity Pot for two reasons. First, the smell was like Cocoa butter mixed with chocolate to me, even though some people might find that a bit unattractive and unusual. Second, it was a "charity" pot for good purposes so I just went with this one. I have to say the results are satisfying because it's better than all the drugstore mositurizing lotions I've tried so far...

on 4/29/2014 10:34:00 AM

I give this a 4.5. This is a very nice body moisturizer. I have pretty dry skin, so I'm always looking for creams with good emollient ingredients, and I find that natural oils and butters work best for me. Stuff like shea butter, cocoa butter, almond oil, sesame oil, coconut oil, and so on work better on me than fatty alcohols and other stuff common in body butters and lotions like cetyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, petrolatum, etc. so I chose this cream based on the good ingredients. When I got it home and used it, at first I was a little dismayed because the texture is much lighter than the heavily moisturizing body butters I'm used to. I thought it wouldn't be enough moisture for my skin. But it worked very nicely, I could feel it on my skin for about 6 hours, after which it seemed to sink into my skin, leaving it feeling soft and smooth. I like being able to feel a cream on my skin for awhile, it's a very luxurious feeling. The lightness of the texture makes it easy and quick to apply. The tub looks smaller than it is, and a big concern for me was using the tub up very quickly. I tend to slather lotion on heavily. But I'm hoping it'll last awhile because on my first use I put it all over my body and when I was done I'd only made a small dent in the product. I'm not crazy about the smell, hence the 4.5 out of 5. It's pleasant enough, and not very strong, but nothing I particularly like. To me it smells powdery, a bit like baby oil, with a cocoa butter smell mixed in. I really like this product. I said I'd repurchase, but I want to try some of Lush's other creams with similar formulations to see if I can find something that I love the smell of.
EDIT: The scent of this has grown on me; I LOVE it now, can't get enough! I usually only choose lotions and washes with floral scents, so this makes a nice change from the rest of the stuff I have. I love how different it is from my other lotions, and how subtle. I'm not sure I would call this a powdery scent now. I'm not sure how I would describe it. I will repurchase this when I run out.

on 3/4/2014 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One of my favourites from lush! I think everyone smells this differently, to me it smells 100% like turkish delight, which is great because I like turkish delight. My mum smells ginger and an earthy scent. It does the job and sorts any dryness I get on my hands. I prefer this to dream cream but both are good in their own ways. I would buy this again as I love how the money goes to charity, the pot I have right now was for the fox project, but I'm sure they change to various charities all the time to help everyone out.

on 1/10/2014 10:42:00 AM

Smells chocolatey and floral? I love using it before bed and waking up to smooth, soft skin. It's moisturizing and i find the scent very soothing, perfect during the night. Some people may not like the scent of it but I think the scent would eventually grow on you. I feel that this product is worth purchasing. Proceeds goes to charity and it's a great lotion!!

on 1/8/2014 12:40:00 AM

On my 2nd pot, and this time a large one! I absolutely love this stuff. Smells rich and fresh, and also easy to apply because it's more thinner in consistency than most Lush moisturizers. And who doesn't like to help a good cause while getting something we use everyday?!

on 11/12/2013 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this lotion. I have very dry skin not only on my face but my legs as well. In the past after I have shaved my legs I would apply a lotion or a body butter and every time my legs would break out in a burning itchy frenzy. I thought it was because I had crap razors but I've discovered the perfumes in the lotions was irritating my skin.

I purchased this when they put a lush in my local mall (SCORE) never having tried it or reading a review which is so unlike me. I got a large tub, even though they sell smaller containers. After I shaved I slathered this on my legs and noticed it smelled like cocoa butter, very very buttery. It takes a while to absorb and leaves a residue on your skin for a while that is very slippery but I love that feeling especially on my sheets haha while some people may cringe at the thought of their lotiony legs rubbing sheets. When it does absorb it leaves you very soft and glowy. I waited and waited and NO BURNING. I was so pleased. This is the only lotion product that does not irritate the skin on my freshly shaved legs. If you have the same problem I suggest you try it!

Pros
Gentle
Hydrating
Smooth
Raw smelling (very natural and buttery)

Cons
Very expensive especially for the large size
Doesn't absorb very quickly
Leaves residue on legs
Some may consider greasy

on 9/30/2013 10:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like this lotion as a thick, manicure treatment lotion. It has a funny smell but in a way I kind of like it. (Its very hard to describe). This lotion DOES stay greasy for awhile and I would not recommend applying this over your entire body unless you don't mind the "dry time". I would say it does a decent job at moisturizing but I have tried better. I purchased this when Lush was selling the smaller pot for five dollars. If you are purchasing it in this size I think its a great deal because a little definitely goes a long way!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this lotion!

I have the most driest elbows ever (my knees and legs aren't too bad, within one application of any moisturizer, they're silky.) - they had turned dark brown, the skin was visibly dry, and they felt like sandpaper.

My mum had bought this lotion at our local Lush store (Thousand Oaks Mall), and that night she let me use some after I took a bath. (I used the Butterball bath bomb, and it is just simply lovely)

I noticed that my skin was NOT as dry as before, but seemed to be healing almost- it felt and looked a bit softer.

My skin is now 100% soft, and I still use this lotion but only on the weekends as the smell is not the nicest.

It reminds me of chocolate, and bacon - both things I like. But the smell of the mixed together is a bit.... Eww.

Either way, I totally recommend this lotion to everyone and anyone. =)

You won't regret it,