Boots No7 Advanced Hydration

3.5

Water), Butylene glycol, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, Glycerin, Glyceryl stearate, Cetyl alcohol, Dimethicone, Paraffinum liquidum (Mineral oil), PEG-100 stearate, C18-36 acid glycol ester, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Carbomer, Sodium PCA, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Sodium stearoyl lactylate, Parfum (Fragrance), Potassium hydroxide, Propylparaben, Sodium lauroyl lactylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 II, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, BHT, Xanthan gum, Sodium hydroxide, Ceramide 1, CI 77891 (Titanium dioxide).

on 1/10/2009 1:44:00 PM

I usually have oily skin, but in the dry New England winters I need something pretty heavy. My skin gets dry patches on cheeks and I break out. I am impressed with the Boots No7. It hydrates my skin all day without being greasy, plus I love that it has an SPF. I've tried Aveeno, Cetaphil, Neutrogena, and this is my winter HG. While it'd be way way too much once the humidity comes back, it's awesome for December-March.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I always buy this near the winter months because my skin gets really dry to the point where it's flakey and any foundation I put on top looks cakey. This is so moisturising, I just love it. However it might be a bit too greasy for some people, as the MUA told me it's the richest form of moisturiser that No.7 does. Other pros include the spf15 factor and the only con I can think of is the packaging, which isn't very hygenic. Anyway, if you have very dehydrated skin, definitely check this out.

on 7/9/2008 2:32:00 PM

Moisturizes my very-dry cheeks all day, but it's greasy. I can't walk around with such a shiny face all day, especially in the summer! I will save for the winter, and see how it does then.

on 1/9/2008 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm jooging outside a lot in the winter and my skin takes serious abuse from the elements. Advanced Hydration is the perfect solution for my weather related dry skin. I use the day time and the night time formulas with positive results. I normally use Boots No 7 lifting & firming for spring & summer.

on 7/12/2007 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this is a great product for the retail price. I usually use pricier skincare range like Clarins but I was very impressed with this moisturizer. The smell is nice, the consistency is good and the packaging is fairly decent. I have combination skin and it gets pretty oily in the summer so I only use it at night. It's definitely worth a try. Granted, there are definitely better products out there but with this price, it's good quality stuff. It's a basic moisturizer for younger skin like me that does not need a lot of boost but healthy maintenance.

on 7/3/2007 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This one from No7 does nothing special. It didn't do much to my skin but it didn't make it worse either. I use it for this summer and I can see myself finishing up the bottle..(for a lot other day creams, it never gets to this point) while I have to admit that it is only 30 ml. At least after I apply onto skin after serum in the morning, I feel comfortable due the fact that it sinks in neatly. Also any make-up after it goes right on wihout any problem...in this sense I guess it is better than some expensive creams which even cannot get compatible with foundations...
In short, it is a safe and basic hydrating day cream which is not bad for summer at all.

on 5/29/2007 5:09:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I only bought this product to get the free gift which included the hyped protect and perfect serum. This 'moisturiser' is possibly one of the worst moisturisers I have ever used. It gives approximately 10mins of hydration and then my skin feels dry again - also making it more sensitive. Considering it costs 12.50, I expected a better result than the cheaper brands.

on 3/28/2007 8:45:00 AM

An average moisturiser. Initially made my skin soft, but it didn't last all day. Nothing special in it but it is good for under makeup. Glad I got it as a freebie because it really isn't worth buying.

on 1/15/2006 10:00:00 PM

I like this stuff because it makes my skin feel good. I don't suffer from extremely dry skin during the winter, but I like this better than some lighter moisturizers to wear at night. I think it is a good product for the price - retails for around $17, but I got it for $12. I think it is comparable to higher priced brands so that is why I would buy it again. I don't mind the smell, but I'm not particular about that type of thing.

on 11/8/2005 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm not sure about this one. It has a very nice smell but it is somewhat overpowering, which is one thing I don't appreciate in a facial moisturizer. It is fairly hydrating, but definetly not outstandingly so, I wouldn't find it suitable for the depths of winter. Also, the moisture it gave was not long lasting, by the end of the day my skin felt just as dry as before applying, if not more so. My skin is going through a pretty dry patch at the moment so maybe it would be much more suitable for others or different weather conditions. Overall not something I will probably use again.

Popular Moisturizers