LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 2/7/2015 12:48:00 PM

having combination skin, i started to get psoriasis on my chin and cheeks. after googling a lot of natural cures, i found lots of reviews that this is gentle, exfoliating and also non drying for psoriasis. I bought a tub for $15 in Australia and it has cured my face. no more psoriasis!!!

The only negative is that I dont like the packaging in the tub, and you have about 2 months before it goes off. However given the results and that its all natural i would definitely repurchase again to use as a facial scrub.

on 2/3/2015 11:16:00 AM

Love this cleanser for the winter mostly because it washes off clean but does leave moisture behind (not a gunky film) and works really well with the Full of Grace serum bar.

on 1/31/2015 11:37:00 PM

Been using this for about two weeks and I can't decide if I love it yet. It's a good cleanser but I think I am still searching for a HG Cleaner. It smells really good. super soft exfoliate which I really like (my skin tends to get dry quickly) I kind of dislike the whole "make a paste" formula, but oh well. Will update with further use..

on 1/29/2015 7:56:00 AM

This is a lovely, natural vegan cleanser. It is not, however, a makeup remover so you should remove makeup with a wipe before using this. That said, this cleanser leaves my skin feeling clean and soft. I follow up with LUSH's Breath Of Fresh Air Toner and Celestial Moisturiser and my skin is soft, clear and cool to touch. This cleaner takes a bit of getting used to, however it is not hard work to use. You simply pinch off a pea-sized amount, mix it with a bit of water on your palm or fingers, wipe onto a damp face and then rinse off. The result is clean, clear skin with reduced redness. I have combination skin and this did not dry my skin out nor exacebate oiliness. I feel that this skin might not be such a great match for those with very oily skin though and would instead recommend LUSH's Coalface. Angels On Bare Skin is one of LUSH's best sellers and for good reason. It does not irritate sensitive skin and I believe it would work for those with dry to combination skin. It smells like lavender and is handmade with a shelf life of approximately 3 months. I would highly recommend this product.

on 1/27/2015 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I got a pot of this as I fancied a change from my usual lush cleanser - "herbalism". I found that it does cleanse my skin to a degree but not as well as I was hoping. It doesn't have much texture to it so i felt the need to really scrub it to get my face clean. I have combination skin and found that my cheeks and forehead which are quite medium to dry were left soft and fresh, my nose which can be quite oily felt coated and my chin, which is the only even skin area on my face broke out the day after I used it. Not impressed! I'd reccomend this for people with quite dry skin as I didn't feel the need to moisturise after using this cleanser, it seems a little bit too nourishing for me!

on 1/8/2015 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product did wonders for my skin! It cleared it, gently exfoliated it and made it feel as soft as a baby's bottom. The only downsides are that it does leave some residue on your skin, I have to use another cleanser after using this which is quite wasteful. This product is also rather pricey considering how much you're getting but I guess it's worth it seeing that it is all natural.

I like that this product is natural. I notice that I got even fairer than before after using this product. The bad thing however is exfoliating everyday.
I too had problems with the broken capillaries and over exfoliation. My face doesn't hurt but there is some after effect. I had very dry and itchy skin from my acne cream, the cleanser it does help calm my skin a little in the beginning. After a few weeks it seem that I started having break outs.
The cleanser leaves the areyousureyouhavewashedyourface feeling.

I might try this again when my face gets better as I am suffering from a major breakout.

on 1/5/2015 2:24:00 PM

I have combo/oily skin that dries out during the winter months. I ordered this on a whim as I'm unable to sample or physically see any LUSH products IRL. I enjoy the slight exfoliation this provides, but I'm really not a fan of the film it leaves on my skin afterwards. I like my skin to feel fresh and clean and this makes it feel like I should re-wash with a different cleanser. Even when my skin is on the drier side, it still feels filmy to me.

Since I'm currently pregnant, I've repurposed this product as a belly scrub. I've noticed a few small breakouts on my growing belly and the gently exfoliation plus hydration seems to be working well for this use.

WARNING: If you have sensitive, pale or thin skin, do not buy! This was my first cleanser and it worked like a dream, until 4 months later. I started finding broken capillaries and veins on my face, and my face was dry and round from all the exfoliation. any exfoliation is still exfoliation!

on 12/27/2014 1:34:00 AM

Pros- good ingredients, fresh, cruelty-free, exfoliates softly, makes skin really soft and glowing, smells nice.

Cons- can get messy, a little too pricey, expires quicker. Also I use it in the shower and water gets in the cleanser making it gooey at the end.

Overall- I really liked this cleanser. It felt really nice rubbing this into my skin, and it was very gentle. The natural oils of this cleanser left my face soft and glowing.