Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil

4.1

on 1/31/2013 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My search for a citrus scent has come to an end. I am in love.
I found that many of the citrus frags I tested reacted weirdly with my skin and the drydown was unpleasant. This is just divine from the opening to the end. My only small gripe would be the lack of longevity. Oh well good thing I just ordered a purse sized bottle to top up during the day;-)

on 12/4/2012 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is my signature spring/summer scent. If you love citrus, you will love this! I love it. It's very fresh. I switch to Concentre de Pamplemousse Rose for fall/winter, which is just as nice.

on 11/25/2012 5:04:00 AM

Oh my god...
I bought it in the duty free in my last trip, what a grea-great choice.
I wanted something different from what most girls would buy, i wanted elegant, mature perfume that is fresh and could fit the 25 years old girl i am.

it's very nice summer-y scent, i read somewhere it's like the smell of the air after a rain..well not, sorry. but it is a great one if you after a nice fresh-y scent, that is still girly(frutiy) and flowery, and like the sale-lady told me- "It's very sexy!!"
I think she's right ;)
sorry i can't describe it more clearly , it's very hard to get a clear notes from this kind of perfume, the only way i could describe this is a complex citrus smell- fresh, sharp-yet mellow, with a last accord of sweetness :)

on 11/21/2012 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I love this scent. Its not an everyday scent, its not sexy, but there is something I just can't get enough of. It has a great combination of unique scents unlike anything I've tried before. It's not too feminine either, so it makes an interesting and intriguing change from the normal. The name suits it well, it has an exotic, fresh, fruity, green garden flavour with a hint of spice. It's maybe a tad mature for me, but, I'll grow into it. I don't think just anyone can pull it off though, its realy not your average perfume

on 11/17/2012 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Gorgeous spring/summer fragrance. Fresh citrus with touch of mango. Its not too light that it fades quickly, just the right strength for hot summer weather.

on 10/26/2012 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this on a whim at the airport on my way to Rome when I realized I had forgotten to pack a perfume. I tried several Hermes perfumes while I was at it but this was the one that totally stuck out. It's so unique, fresh, green (literally) and reminds me of spring: first green grass after a long winter, clean and cold air, sunlight. It's more herbal than fruity, with mayhaps a little reminder of flowers underneath. Well, that's what it smells like to me, anyway. My mom and my best friend fell in love with the scent on me and for me, this is my turn-to scent for the spring and early summer. Totally worth the money (and we're talking more than average in this case). Will definitely repurchase!

on 9/11/2012 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Le Nil opens with a very sharp, strong green mango note. This note was so stong at first spray it was actually a little off-putting. It's like a citrus jolt. Thankfully, I waited until the dry down before rushing to judgement and I'm very glad I did. It dried down to a clean, dry, woody note that was still very fresh. I think most people would gravitate towards this scent in warmer months, but I would use it as a mood elevating, pick-me-up scent during the Winter. I recommend it for those who like citrus and woody, fresh scents.

You can check out the making of this fragrance in an article found in the New Yorker from a few years back (not affiliated)

on 9/6/2012 7:45:00 AM

Unique, fresh, clean smell. Like a basket of fresh leafy greens mixed with grass and grapefruits :-)

on 4/19/2012 3:52:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I'm a huge fan of Hermes Eau Des Merveilles so I was so excited to finally get to try Jean Claude's Un Jardin series. (I ordered a couple of sample vials from perfumedcourt because I didn't have a hermes store around nor do I want to purchase a full size blindly.)
Sadly, sur le Nil was the only acceptable one in the 3 (Mediterannee & Apre la Mousson) that I tried
The opening notes are a blast of fresh unripened green mangoes that instantly took me back to my childhood in SE Asia being surrounded by street vendors filled with all kinds of strange fascinating fruits.
Indeed a very nostalgic opening. However as it simmers down the magic is lost. I get a little spice with the fruit and some green lotus but that's all it is, a generic concoction of sweet aquatic notes. It's clean and fresh for sure but lasts only about 3 hours on my skin. Someone described this as basically Tide detergent. I would have to agree, the dry down is soft squeaky clean much like that of a laundry detergent.
Too disappointing to justify such an inflated price

on 4/17/2012 2:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

If any of Hermes fragrances posseses a 'woodsy' note-it's this one.A green herbal note(probably green mango) comes off strong in the beginning. I then sense a fresh note(the tomatoes). By the time dry down occurs, a note of cinnamon mixed with incense dominates(the incense gives the creamy cinnamon a smoky 'edge'), and notes of lotus and hyacinth occasionally pop up. This is a complex fragrance, definitely unique, but unfortunately doesn't really appeal to me, as I'm not crazy about pure green notes or oriental ones.

Popular Fragrances