Nailtek Nailtek Intensive Therapy

3.8

on 3/27/2012 6:52:00 PM

I've only used this for about a month now, and my nails are a bit sturdier - but it HAS repaired a partial flaking/splitting of a nail edge and prevented breakage.

A few things: this product is for flexibile, thin, nails - NOT brittle or hard nails, which already are too hard. There's a gradient with these nail hardeners - after a certain point your nail gets brittle and you need to stop using them and switch to a nail maintainer, stop altogether, or switch to a nail protein coat that maintains flexibility - OR YOUR NAIL BREAKS. (#1 thing on other reviews that makes me sigh).

Second, yeah, read the frickin' label on the bottle. Don't rate something down because you're too dumb to read that it's Nailtek and not Nailtiques. The names are kind of fairly different, you know.

The big surprise with this thing is, that after I stopped using another base coat on top of it and used it solely as my basecoat, I'm getting massive wear time with certain polishes. Usually polishes chip in 2-3 days, or at the very least there's tip wear by day 3. Nailtek basecoat (i.e. formaldehyde resin), Color Club polishers (only polish I've seen wear time increase for, only polish with _acrylic resin_), seche vite top coat are giving me SIX DAYS and counting of no chipping, and near zero tip wear. Insane!

on 12/26/2011 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this after removing acrylic nails I'd been wearing for a year. This is a miracle product. Use it as a base coat or use it alone, but I wouldn't recommend as a top coat. As a top coat, it is shiny, but it doesn't dry hard enough on top of the layers of polish. It's not what it was meant for. Within weeks my nails were super strong. I applied a fresh coat every few days. It's been a year and a half since I started using this product, and now I have moved to Maintenance Plus (the II one) because my nails are super healthy. Never before have my nails been able to grow this long! I get tons of compliments. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!

For my entire life, I have had soft peeling never growing nails, I am not interested in acrylic nails as these do far more damage. A lady at work suggested nail tek and brought me in a few bottles. What a life saver! you do have to be patient,and make sure to apply daily. The reason you are meant to wear a coloured polish with it, is to see where your nails chip and how you can aviod this in the future, for example how to use your hands different to save the life of your nails, A crystal file is also a must! It wont shred your current nail. Important note when filing, NEVER file back and and forth like a saw, this is the quivilant of pulling out a loose string on a sweater. File one side at a time in single strokes. You will see the difference. My mother commented on my nails the other day, knowing that I had always had problem nails, she asked me to pick some up for her, I am absolutely thrilled with nailtek HG for sure!!

on 10/29/2011 6:29:00 PM

For the first time in a long time, my nails aren't splitting/flaking/peeling! I could never grow my nails out long before because of constant peeling, but NailTek Intensive Therapy has fixed this for me! I use it as a base coat and top coat after nail color, then I finish everything off with Seche Vite. I do experience some chipping/tipwear with my polish, but I think its because of Seche, not because of NailTek. I can also see where my new nail is growing from the base, pink and strong. The yellowish tips are getting filed away every week and its a miracle! Soon I'll have healthy nails all the way through thanks to this product. Its pricy, but I highly recommend it. I've also tried Xtra, and I feel this one works better.

on 9/19/2011 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I tried using this as a base coat but it just doesn't hold up, but I use it whenever I have naked nails and I've recently started using it under a base coat and so far so good. Testing in progress.

on 8/4/2011 10:41:00 PM

I had acrylics for a while so when I removed them my natural nails were very flakey. So I needed something to make my nails stronger. I don't see much of a difference after using this product for the past 2 weeks. I use it as a base then wear my nail polish and I also wear a layer to finish it off. It makes my nails chip very easily. I did my nails Monday and by Tuesday my nail polish was peeling off. I don't think I will be buying this product again.

on 7/29/2011 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've lost track of the bottles I've used up; safe to say, I like it. I have naturally thin, brittle nails, fast growing but prone to peeling, splitting, breaking. With Nail Tek, I no longer have this problem. In fact, I think it leaves a deposit that thickens my nail plate ever so slightly, and certainly the formaldehyde (a known carcinogen, but this reviewer does not care) hardens my weak nails. The trick is to use enough product: I layer the Intensive Therapy, the clear strengthener, the Foundation, a matte-finish, stain-repelling, ridge-filling basecoat, manicure as usual, and a final coat of Intensive Therapy as a topcoat. Once your nails have settled into this routine, after a month or two, you can scale back and use it as a basecoat alone. I've never had an issue with my nails turning too brittle;

on 6/30/2011 4:11:00 PM

I like this base coat for keeping my nails healthy. My nails are in better condition since using. BUT I do not like how fast it causes my polish to chip. Before I stared using it my manis would last at least 4 days without a chip. Now they chip so fast, the longest my mani lasts is 2 days. I will keep this and use it for times I'm not wearing polish since it does make my nails so healthy. But I will not be using it as a base coat anymore.

I have been using the II formula(for soft, peeling nails) for many years. I had acrylic nails all through high school and most of college. After college my husbands mom (Licensed Nail Technician) gave me bottle of this stuff and told my it would change my life. I always had acrylics because I couldn't get my nails to grow, now I literally have to cut them. After two kids and endless loads of dishes I have gorgeous nails. I do not use the foundations, I just use the Intensive Therapy II. I use it as a base coat sometimes, but always a top coat. If I don't feel like wearing color I will apply two coats of this by itself. I keep a bottle at home and a bottle at work at all times. I constantly have to have this on hand, literally! A great product that does exactly as it claims. HG nail strengthener!!

on 5/21/2011 2:44:00 PM

This is a great product! I don't know if it actually strengthens your nails. I feel that a lot of these products strengthen simply by having several coats of it on your nail, but whatever - it works for me! My nails are all long, and all the same length. I have to file them to keep them at a reasonable length, and they never break anymore.

It also does a good job as bottom and top coat. I definitely recommend, I just wish it was available in stores.

Popular Treatments