Cover Girl Classic Color 'Soft Mink'

4.2

Talc, Calcium Silicate (Anticaking Agent), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Cetyl Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Polyoxymethylene Urea, Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Camphor, Menthol, Propylparaben, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil, Methylparaben, BHT, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, May Contain (+/-):, Iron Oxides, Carmine (CI 75470), Red 6 Lake, Ultramarines, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Tin Oxide

on 9/14/2013 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I wore this blush in high school, and then moved on to more expensive products. I picked up a compact during a sale at my local drug store. So glad I did. I missed this color of blush, it looks great on my skin tone!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Although I haven't used this in a while, I do remember always reaching for this during the winter season during high school. I figured it wouldn't hurt switching from bronzer to blush for just a few months! Back then, I didn't really know the difference between shades of blush, textures, pigments and quality of high end and drug store brands. Although I've added some variety to my makeup arsenal since then, I'm always pleasantly surprised when I come across this in my stash. First, I'm always pleased when I remember how pigmented this is! High-school-me didn't really ever swatch the very few blushes/bronzers I had. All I knew was, it showed up on my face - even when I didn't know any better and used the dinky little brush to apply it. Swatched, it's the softest, prettiest pinky/peach shimmer. However, back then when I wore it during the dead of winter, I could've sworn this color was more of a dusty baby pink on the cheeks. Either way, it shows up beautifully and gives a gorgeous sheen. I've hardly made a dent in this and will definitely have to try out more shades from Cover Girl - wonderful price and quality!

on 7/19/2013 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a pretty blush. The color is a warm peachy-pink that leaves a nice sheen. It's similar to Lancome's Miel Glacé, but Miel Glacé rosier, where this one is peachier. Since this blush is warmer, it sometimes looks a little orangey on me if I don't apply carefully, and it also disappears by the middle of the day and I have to reapply. I probably won't repurchase, but I will continue to use it until I run out.

on 3/9/2013 10:39:00 PM

I really like this. For some reason, this shows as much more matte on me than what I am reading others are experiencing!
My MAC tones are NC/NW 15, and MUFE HD is 117.

It looks really simple and natural. And for the price it really is a no-brainer. Give it a try!

on 2/25/2013 11:25:00 PM

This Cover Girl classic blush in "soft mink" was my HG blush for as long as I can remember, dislodged only when I discovered Physicians Formula Mineral Wear pressed-powder, talc-free blushes. I suspect this CG blush will again become my HG blush because PF's Mineral Wear line has undergone a reformulation that has dropped the colors I most loved, "Natural Glow", having been my all-time favorite. Those with warm, fair-medium skin really can't go wrong with "Soft Mink" because it hits that perfect blend of rose and peach. It has a slight sheen to it, not as matt as the PF Mineral Wear line, but otherwise the staying power is good, imparting a healthful glow. There's a reason this is one of the few cosmetics to have survived the test of time. I hope Cover Girl never opts to discontinue it!

on 1/28/2013 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

This is my go to blush. I love the dewy soft pink color on my NC35/ NC40 skintone. The color can be built up to a mauvey pink like in the package but when applied light handed its a more soft pinky highlight shade. I will be repurchasing when I run out. I pray this wont be discontinuedwhen I need to repurchase. I have so much to go through and I had this for over a year. I just love love love this blush. Did I mention I love it? Lol.

on 1/8/2013 8:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I really wish this product worked for me, I really wanted to like it! The color looks so beautiful in the pan. I have pretty pale skin with freckles that seems to have pink undertones- my major problem with blushes has been that it's really easy for them to look orangy-sunburny on me. Unfortunately, this blush falls into that category. It looks like a pinky-brown in the pan, and basically looks like a sunburn on my cheeks. The finish is good, very even and flawless, if only the color wasn't so deceptive! It looks sort of orangy on my cheeks, and I've tried it so many times- fall and summer, with different brushes, I've even tried applying very little, and it just seems to still have that sunburn thing going on. I bought this product during the summer, tried it out, and ended up returning it with hesitance because I wasn't sure if I disliked it enough to return it. Then this fall I bought it again, because I thought I had just been applying too much, and maybe this time it would work. Nope! Still a sunburn!

on 10/19/2012 8:46:00 PM

great color
very natural but seems to have alot of shimmer but thats ok because the color is stunning
the packaging sucks i wish it was just the blush with not crappy brush
will buy again

on 10/18/2012 10:34:00 PM

This is my all time favorite blush by far! The color is just so beautiful and flattering. Its a shimmery rosey peach. A lot of people say it's a dupe for Nars orgasm, but I have that blush too and I disagree. Orgasm is more peachy and has glitter, while soft mink is more of a natural sheen. Overall, this is one of the best blushes I've ever used; the only thing that would make it better is if it lasted longer. I will definitely be repurchasing this once I run out!

on 10/17/2012 3:00:00 PM

Wanted to love it. Looks so natural and seemingly great, but once on, yuck. The color is, as others have said, a peachy/natural shade, but it has a lot of sheen to it, which seemed to make my pores stand out, and looked very UNnatural.