Lancome Hypnose

3.8

Ingredients: aqua, paraffin, beeswax, stearic acid, carnauba wax, acacia, palmitic acid, triethanolamine, PEG-40 stearate, simethicone, sodium polymethacrylate, aminomethyl propanediol, hydrogenated jojoba oil, hydrogenated palm oil, hydroxyethylcellulose, panthenol, polyquaternium-10, methylparaben, propylparaben, bht. May contain: CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77492/CI 77499/CI 77491 (iron oxides), CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), mica.

This mascara truly lives up to the hype. More often than not that is not the case. I am grateful to report this product delivers. After a couple applcations, lashes are longer, denser, thicker, and sensual.

on 1/8/2015 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Overall this product is quite good. I already have long thick eyelashes, so I have found this mascara to be very natural on my eyes which I like. It is not clumpy, it does not overly volume up your lashes, I would say it is perfect. The only thing I didn't like was that my tube of mascara dried out within two months of purchase, that and in general I felt as if the actual mascara itself was more of a dry crumbly formula rather a wet one. In terms of application though, for the first two months the formula was not a problem. For the price, I would have expected it to have lasted longer. I would of purchased it again if it did not dry out so fast.

I can't live without this mascara, it is the only one I use (except hypnose waterproof for the beach of very humid weather). I lengthens, separates, never smudges, gives great volume and holds my curl really well. I don't even bother purchasing other mascaras anymore as they are just a waste on money. I don't know how many tubes I have been through of this stuff but it is definitely a HG product of mine.

on 12/26/2014 4:58:00 PM

After i stopped using Hypnose Star because it had fragrance in it which irritated my eyes i tried the original Hypnose. This mascara has everything I need in a mascara!
Yes its expensive, yes theres only 6 ml in it but oh my... its so amazing.

Volume, YES. length, YES, doesnt smudge, doesnt clump, doesnt flake. Comes of with Lancome Bi Facil perfectly.

I finally found my HG :)

on 12/24/2014 6:43:00 AM

I do like this product but I wish it did more to hold my curl, the waterproof formula is much more preferable, but as with all waterproof formulas, they tend to get a little more clumpy. Also, this tube can cost up to 25! Mascaras from Boots seem so much more worth the money. Also works much better if a little drier, it builds volume amazingly.

on 12/1/2014 12:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Received a GWP tube. I like this product well enough, but I don't think it's worth the price that Lancome demands.

I agree with a reviewer below that one needs to be careful when loading up for application. The brush is lovely and lush, but it picks up too much of the product, which leads to clumpy lashes and smudging on my lower lashline. I can brush these clumps out with an eyebrow comb, but I shouldn't have to do this with a HE product. Harumph.

I do like this mascara's bold lengthening and volumizing properties--indeed, it accomplishes both of these things well, without leaving flakes all over the place. It's also quite good at keeping a curl. Shame the price point makes it such a risk.

on 11/9/2014 1:01:00 PM

This is the only mascara which has been able to add volume and length to my lashes without 1) flaking, 2) smudging everywhere, and 3) irritating my eyes. When applying multiple layers in succession, I've found that it does clump. Hypnose is quite pricey for a mascara. When my current tube runs out, I'll be on the hunt for my HG again.

on 10/28/2014 3:57:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have been using Lancome Hypnose for over five years now. It is the only mascara to date that makes my lashes super full, long at the same time while still appearing natural. My lash length doubles with this product. amazing!

on 10/16/2014 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Sometimes this mascara is a hit and sometimes its a miss. After the first time i bought this mascara I loved it for its lengthening and its whispyness, it applied smoothly and i simply loved it. The second time i bought it, it was clumpy, drier than the first. I took it back thinking i just had a bad bottle and the exchange was no better. I won't risk buying it again there are too many nice mascaras out there.

on 10/13/2014 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

As Dora the Explorer once said, "Gloopy gloppy, ooey gooey."
The goo-iness of this mascara formula means it is the ultimate clump monster. It clumps VERY BADLY.

It does not GO ON SMOOTHLY, it looks 'lumpy' as the reviewer bernb has said. there was an SA trying to sell me this once (i got mine as a gift frm my sis), and her lashes were FUGLY. I mean.. she had gorgeous makeup and the lashes were a DISASTER. really truly clumpy/lumpy. and no volume, funnily enough!!!
that's how mine look with it too. I used it for weeks before I realized it was also irritating my eyes.
i don't mind clumpy mascara that much because you can comb it through, but with this you can't. if you try to wiggle the brush, it clumps more (sticks them together). with my trusty Essence mascara it is clumpy for the first week but you can at least comb it out.

Popular Mascaras