Cover Girl TruBlend Liquid Makeup

3.1

Water (Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, PEG 10 Dimethicone, PCA Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Methylmethacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Cyclomethicone, Propylparaben, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Polysorbate 60, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Trisodium EDTA, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain: Yellow 5 Lake, Red 36

on 1/24/2015 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I've FINALLY found a foundation shade that matches my skin/neck. I am in L1 which is the lightest shade in the collection. With two light layers it gives a medium/full coverage. I use both a flattop an my beauty blender and I love it either way. In my opinion, it sets to a full matte look but it's still in a way radiant! I'm completely amazed at the color match for this collection!!

on 1/9/2015 11:30:00 AM

I gravitated towards this because the shades are so neutral, and of course the pump bottle. I had such high hopes. I don't know what it was with this foundation but it just refused to blend. No matter what I did it looked like a streaky mess. The texture of it is very thin, like water. And I mean that in the worst way possible. Maybe it would work for people who have nearly flawless skin and only use a tiny bit of foundation? Any more than a few dots of this on your face and it's just incredibly hard to blend evenly.

on 1/6/2015 5:01:00 PM

Started using this again recently and it just looks terrible - thick and sitting there on the skin, not really blending into anything. Like other users, it skimmed over my pores and made them stand out, no matter how I tried to blend it. Even mixing with moisturizer didn't help. I finally got it looking decent (barely) this morning after blending with a damp brush and blotting with a damp sponge - way more work than it should've been. I used this foundation a few years back with no problems that I can remember - maybe it's a change in my skin or something. Tossed it out and am on the hunt for a new foundation.

on 12/31/2014 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to love this. The colors are nicely neutral without being too peach or too pink.

Unfortunately this sits on my skin like a mask. It has medium coverage which is nice but it empasizes my pores. No matter what powder I use to set this it slides off my dry skin and pools in the fine lines around my eyes and forehead.

I tried this with several different spf moisturizers and two different primers but this foundation looked thick and never melded with my skin.

If someone has smooth unlined skin this might be perfect although I wonder why they would want this much coverage. But that said this does seem to be a good foundation just not for my slightly dry rosacea affected skin.

on 12/31/2014 10:34:00 AM

I actually like this foundation. It oxidizes a LITTLE.. so maybe get a shade lighter.. but it isnt as bad as the loreal true match (on me). Comes in a million shades. My only complaint is staying power.. doesn't last as long as the Maybelline Superstay ... def need a primer. I do like the finish though and think it looks great- I have repurchased a few times.

on 12/25/2014 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

LOVE IT! My dad got me 2 bottles from the display of samples they have in his store. He gave me m4 and m6 (BOTH WERE TOO DARK! And they DO oxidize! m4 was very yellow toned and m6 was very orangy!) So I purchased a new one (m3) from Big Lots in the old packaging. Much more pinky/neutral toned and a better match! It's matte at first, but later on gives you a more natural dewy finish with light-medium coverage! I enjoy it for school and as my everyday foundation!

on 12/25/2014 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this in the beginning 2014 when they came out with the new packaging and the new color ranges! I had accidentally gotten a darker color than my actually skin color so I didn't start using it until the summer and ever since then I use it ever day and love this foundation it blends nicely it makes my skin look flawless and the color fits me really well I love this foundation I went from the studio fix to this one. I love this foundation

on 12/15/2014 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

So I contacted CG's consumer care and they told me that the formula of this has in fact not been changed, but that that there were shades added and an updated bottle. I suspected as much since I used the older plainer bottled version, as well as the updated prettier bottle, and could not tell a difference at all. I use "Ivory-L1- #405" which is the lightest shade, and it's a great very fair, neutral shade. This formula has more "play time" than others, but once blended and set has a lovely satin finish, that will need to be set with powder if you have an oily t-zone like I do. This melds with my skin well, and looks very natural, which is important to me. The coverage is light, but can be medium if you apply it with a good flat top brush. I usually just use my *clean* fingers, because I like light coverage. While the pump bottle is very pretty (now), it's rather large and takes up a lot of space in my makeup bag. So while I do appreciate having a pump bottle, I wish it were more compact, but that's not a deal-breaker. This does not highlight my dry, flaky areas, which makes it a winner for cooler months. Also, this contains a high amount of Tit. Dioxide (based on it's place in the ingredients list), so even though there is no SPF listed, this probably does provide sun protection. I do really like this foundation!

on 11/5/2014 12:57:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is not w bad foundation. It's probably not best for oily skin though. Somewhat dewy finish. It comes out quite thick and looked very streaky going on. But it blends out and sets much thinner then I expected. You can build to medium coverage. It's quite natural looking. I put it on with fingers as I find that warms up thicker foundations and BB creams. The shades are good. I am an NC20 and No. 1 Ivory is not pink at all and quite pale for a DS foundation. It was very hard to tell them apart in the store though. It lasts fairly well - 4 or 5 hours.. Doesn't not cover the very noticeable redness around the nose or under eye circles. I am tempted to try their concealer. i like more coverage, but if you want light coverage this isn't bad.. It does even out the skin tone, doesn't settle into lines or look shiney. It is a bit dewy, so it don't think it help with oily skin.

on 11/1/2014 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this foundation because the color range actually had yellow undertones. The shade I first bought was M5 "Caramel Beige" and it was a bit dark for me & actually looked orange on my skin. It's the darker of the yellows. So i bought M4 "Sand Beige" thinking it would match me better but they were both kind of the same, except M4 is a bit more brighter but it still looked orangey. It looked too dark because it oxidizes. My skin type is extremely oily and this foundation has a dewy finish. Not matte but a little dewy. If you have oily skin like me this foundation isn't for you. The coverage is on the lighter/sheer side too. It basically sucks at covering anything. Literally. Unless your skin is perfect you might think the coverage is good but it's not. I liked this foundation at first but now i really don't. It's just bad. Plus it's on the more pricier side of drugstore foundations for a product that doesn't even do much. I hate this foundation.