Bumble & Bumble Curl Conscious Defining Creme

3.7

on 9/22/2012 4:44:00 PM

This over priced creme does nothing for my very curly fine hair. I had high hopes because of the high price and even the name of the product - says right on the label, 'defining creme for fine curls'
Just seems to weigh my hair down. I think this might work for curly hair, just not FINE curly hair.

on 8/10/2012 4:48:00 PM

I got several packets of this with my order and I've been trying it out. My hair is wavy and often I will scrunch it up for beach waves.

This product smells nice and leaves a pretty sheen, but it seems to make my hair greasy really quickly and weighs it down. Not my favorite product. :/

on 8/2/2012 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I hesitated years before buying this cream. I have thick, long, coarse, dry, naturally curly hair and this cream is meant for finer curls, which I don’t have, which would make me lean toward the Calming Crème for my hair. My curls aren’t tight, I’m a 2b/c (depending on length my curls are springier or wavier), so based on that, the Defining Crème is the way to go. Finally I bit the bullet and bought the Defining Crème, and I’m so glad I did. This cream makes my curls soft and defined, never crunchy. And, so long as it isn’t a super windy day, my curls are just as pretty in the evening as they were first thing in the morning. I do have a tendency to use too much product, which then leaves a filmy residue on my hair. So I have to be careful each morning to use one small, dime-size dot at a time of this cream (because of my hair’s thickness, I end up using five or six small dots), not one big blob all at once. That seems to make all the difference. A bottle of this cream also lasts longer than my other favorite (Davines Love Serum), and the bottle is very travel-friendly. I think I’ll buy the big, 1 Liter bottle next time.

Although it does say it is for finer hair types, it really weighed my hair down. I have naturally wavy/curly hair, and while I have a ton of hair, it simply doesn't work. Don't get me wrong, it looks FABULOUS when you initially put it in your hair, but after about 20 minutes all I can think is "I need to wash my hair. Now". It is fun for a beach texture, but I bought it so that I could wear my hair down naturally. Unfortunately I can't do that with this hair product.

on 8/13/2011 6:13:00 AM

This product is really expensive and I was really disappointed with it. The packaging is nice with a nice design and it is a plastic bottle which I like as you can cut it open and use every bit of product when you get towards the end. However, apart from that it just doesn't do what it says on the packaging. I have naturally quite wavy, thick hair which can tend to be frizzy, so I thought this product would be worth spending money on if it "defines" my waves to make more of a style when I don't straighten it. However all it does is make my hair look dull, lack lustre, look greasy, it weighs it down and does not define anything. The smell is scrumptious, it truly is lovely, but one of this products only redeeming features. I have watched the demonstration on the website, I have tried using tiny amounts, medium and large amounts and the results are always the same, I have tried letting my hair air dry with the product on, air drying whilst intermittently scrunching, blow drying using hands, blow drying using a diffuser, all the same dire results. I am afraid in my opinion this product is over-priced and it just isn't workable on wavy hair. i will not be purchasing again.

on 8/12/2011 2:11:00 PM

Made my dry hair a greasy mess. no other product has ever made it feel so disgusting.
Back to the expensive but worth it DevaCurl.

on 5/29/2011 9:19:00 PM

This product has always been sitting on my counter, but I have never gotten around to using it unitl just recently. I have to say, my hair looks AWESOME. I have blone/brown- ish, thick, somewhat wavy hair, and what I do is shampoo and condition with herbal essence hello hydration, and then i run this stuff through my hair, scrunch it a bit and let it air dry. and Voila!! CURLS!! Everyones different, so just because it works for me doesn't nessicarily mean it will work for you, but if you have thick wavy hair, then this might be the product for you!!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is the ONLY product that has ever worked for my hair. I've been committed to it since it first came out. Until I tried this, I layered product upon product upon product on my curly hair and still was dissatisfied. Now I just use this and am done. This makes my curls look great, it doesn't make my hair crunchy or stiff (not at all. they are super touchable), and it stands up to humidity.

on 5/19/2009 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have long wavy hair with a VERY weird wave pattern. It's wavy at the roots, then it straightens out a bit, then twists into a weird bend towards the ends. I wish I could just have straight or curly hair, but I was born with this weird hair type that I hate. It looks worst when I let it go natural. I prefer either stick-straight, or waves from a curling iron.

I straighten my hair nearly every day, but sometimes in summer, I can't deal with the heat of a blowdryer for 25 minutes. That's why I bought Curl Conscious. I actually have medium-to-thin hair, but I have a LOT of it, so I was advised to purchase the medium-to-thick formula. This stuff is AMAZING. It works wonders on my hair and I literally have to put in no effort. I shower at night, work this stuff through my hair (following the directions on twisting in pieces), go to sleep, and wake up with gorgeous, flowing, frizz-free waves. I finish off the style with a few spritzes of Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray, which enhances the waves and provides hold.

It is the perfect effortless hairstyle for hot, humid summer days. I never thought I could love my wavy hair, but this product is the first I've tried that tames it.

on 4/15/2009 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my HG styling product when I want to make my wavy-curly hair even curlier. I have thick, long hair that can get weighed-down by heavy products. I have found that most "curling" products either make my hair greasy, crunchy or frizzy. Bumble and Bumble's Curl Conscious Cream gives me soft, perfectly formed curls every time. I do find that I have to use quite a bit to get the effect that I want but the extra expense is definitely worth it.

Top Rated Bumble & Bumble Products