MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

4.4

on 4/7/2015 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

What a perfect red! Joined the MAC party a bit late, but i'm glad I started with this. I'm NW 35 for reference, with a yellow-toned complexion. This color pops out as the perfect accessory to brighten up my face. I have the retro matte version, which goes on smooth, but can be a bit drying. However, it doesn't seep into your lip lines, or become uneven. You can touch up after 4-5 hours or after you've eaten, but the color stays fresh and deep. Truly recommended for women with a wheatish complexion.

Mac's best lipstick especially out of the retro mattes I dont like any of the other retros but ruby woo is classic it stands out and in my opinion its not a serious red its more playful because up close its a bright cherry color but its crisp, bright and looks and wears crisp n clean no lip liner needed although I do sonetimes use the ruby woo liner with it I get a lot of compliments on this lipstick and im not a lover of red lipsticks but I wear this more often than any of my other macs because I can go in public and not worry that it smeared or faded or ended up under my bottom lip it stays put so its a winner in my book.

on 3/31/2015 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Redd lip pencil by MAC finally made a believer outta me when it comes to this lipstick. I favor a orange red more than a blue based red so the orange in Redd helps get me that extra something I need to feel comfy wearing ruby woo. I love this and now understand why it is such a classic.

on 3/31/2015 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

my all time fav lippy love it got 2 the perfect red for every skintone very similar to riri woo
the texture is amazing no need to apply lipliner before hand makes lips look bright and full
it just brightens the face when applied
highly recommend it if you are looking for a red lippy

on 3/21/2015 10:25:00 PM

Ruby Woo is one of MAC's most famous lipsticks and is a HG product for many. However, as a retro matte, I found the formula very drying on my lips, making every line and crack show up. I also found the lipstick to be overly hard to apply and chalky. The colour itself is nice, and it lasts for hours and hours, however the formula and drying out issues do not make this product worth its price or the hype. For an alternative red, I would recommend MAC's Ladybug.

on 3/21/2015 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is probably the most expensive lip product I own as well as one of my favourites. The colour is amazing although I don't usually wear it full on. I usually dab it in the inner part of my lips in order to create a gradient effect and it works very well.

Texture & fragrance :
It has a creamy texture that doesn't dry out my lips or accentuate my dry patches. It has ordinary mac lipstick scent.

Packaging :
Comes in the usual mac packaging which I am not too fond of as we can't see the colour of the lipstick outside.

Overall, this is worth the hefty price tag and I would repurchase and recommend this to anyone.

on 3/21/2015 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely love this color! It goes with any skin tone and any look!

on 3/16/2015 2:34:00 AM

I love the color! a lil drying cause of the matt texture..but looks beautiful! especially when done with a simple eye! very retro!

Ruby woo was my first ever product from MAC so it will always have a special place in my heart lol it's a beautiful blue toned red, I use ruby woo whenever I need a little pick me up! Really feel like it brightens my face in a way. It is extremely drying and I do find it quite difficult to apply. I think using a lip liner could help but I have yet to purchase one. I will edit this post when I do! It's a beautiful colour so definitely worth the price :)

on 3/15/2015 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

There is so much hype around ruby woo. I can't say it's not well deserved, because it is a good red lipstick. It lives up to what everyone says. It's a true red, a little drying in the lips, and quite flattering on many skin tones.

That being said, I do think a percentage of the love for ruby woo is hype. Then again, I'm not too much for matte finishes and very much a Russian red kind of girl.

Popular Lipsticks