LUSH Sex Bomb

on 3/12/2013 12:58:00 PM

LOVE this bath bomb. It was the first one I used from Lush and I had a really awesome experience with it. I actually just repurchased it this week.

First I'll say I think it is the prettiest bath bomb in the store. I LOVE the smell. I kept sniffing myself after my bath because it made me smell so flowery and clean.

There were however, two things that I did not love about it. The flower on top is a very pretty touch...until it gets wet in the bath because then the petals float around your bath but don't dissolve....they just turn to soggy mush. The second part I did not like was the fact that my legs got itchy during the bath. I found that this happened when I used the Phoenix Rising bath bomb as well. I'm not sure if it's just me or if there is something in the bath bombs that cause this to happen to many people.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This was my first bath bomb from Lush and I'm giving it a four for now- this is because I'm unable to compare it with other Lush bath bombs.
I enjoyed watching it fizz out in the water, and the dark pink color it turned the water. I love how pretty this looks dry, when you buy it in the store, as well. The water wasn't translucent, either, which is important to me- I'd rather it be somewhat cloudy. I used Sex Bomb in conjunction with the bath melt Ceridwen's Cauldron, though, so I'm not sure which made the water cloudy.
The flower in the middle is pretty when it pops out, initially, but does turn soggy rather quickly. I just fished it out and threw it away, so that wasn't too bad (though a few stray petals floated around the tub a little, which was annoying).
Otherwise, I really enjoy the scent- I'm not sure if I really get a strong hint of jasmine, but perhaps I'm used to more sharp notes of jasmine whereas this is muted and soft. Either way, I like this scent very much; it's been two days since I used this bath bomb and the scent still lingers in my bathroom!

on 9/9/2012 10:01:00 AM

Sex Bomb is a very feminine bathbomb...it smells like musky jasmine which is great on a girl, but maybe not on a guy if you're thinking of taking a bath together with this (in my opinion anyway!). It fizzes away quickly and zooms around on the bottom of the bath, making the bath a deep magenta. What I loved is that unlike some other Lush bathbombs, the scent didn't fizz away with the bomb and it's stayed on my skin. However this strong scent is what I think made my skin feel a little bit irritated during the bath. It's fine now, but I will probably cut the bomb up and just use half next time. The rose looks so pretty when it's dry, but turns into soggy, gelatinous clumps in the water, which I had to pull out of the drain at the end. This is only a minor issue though,I will buy this again.

on 7/27/2012 1:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my all-time favorite bath bomb. The scent is marvelous, the bomb itself is adorable and it leaves the bath water a beautiful shade of pink. :)
I'm obsessed with Jasmine, so this is perfect. ♥

on 7/20/2012 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I've used LUSH for years. This was the first bath bomb I had ever purchased. I absolutely LOVE the scent- in and out of the water. I would store these in my dresser draws just for the scent. I gave it an overall rating of 2 simply because, after a nice relaxing, moisturizing bath- it leaves a stubborn purplish/pink ring around the tub. I literally had to bleach my tub to remove the coloring. Not relaxing at all. Otherwise, I would've given it 5 stars. I did rate the packaging as 5 stars because LUSH strives to be a zero packaging company. That's commendable.

I LOVE THIS BATH BOMB SO MUCH. Everytime I got to Lush I always buy this. The smell is amazing. I dont really think the rose on the middle is necessary but I still like it. I definetly recommend this for everyone.

on 7/11/2012 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Sex bomb smells so good. It has a pretty floral scent. I think it smells like roses and jasmine. The only problem I have with this bath bomb is that once it melts down into the tub water, I smell a strong peppery smell. It eventually fades and I get the flower scent back. I'm on my second sex bomb just because I did love the original scent I get from it. That stupid flower in the bath bomb floats around the tub and it feels slimy. I wish it didn't have that. It also makes the bathwater a pretty lavendar shade but I have to make sure to clean the tub right after I bathe because it will leave a ring.

on 5/30/2012 7:28:00 AM

Oh my word this product smells amazing. I prefer Lush bubble bars because I love the bubbles they produce but the scent of this one is particularly divine!

on 3/9/2012 12:14:00 AM

This was my first Lush bath bomb and I was not disappointed! The name is what drew me in at first, but once I smelled it I was sold. It has a sweet but floral scent. I smell the jasmine over everything else. I took this home and broke it in half because $6.50 for one bath is a little too indulgent for me. This was SO difficult to cut. I'm honestly surprised I still have 10 fingers after having to go after this with a huge butcher knife. But once I cut it, a good 25 minutes later, it split evenly without too many crumbles, so that was a plus. Half of this bomb is plenty to fill up a large jacuzzi-style tub, so if you have time, patience, and a big knife, I would recommend cutting this.
Using this bomb is really fun. It fizzes and zooms around the tub as soon as it hits the water and the smell really fills up the bathroom. The water turns a really gorgeous purple-pink shade, but this bomb won't stain your tub like some other ones will. I also appreciate that this bath bomb isn't loaded with glitter, confetti, etc. that you have to clean up later. This just leaves a pretty little rose that floats around your water.
I didn't find this to really do much for my skin, other than leave it with a beautiful, lingering scent. The smell also stuck around my bathroom pretty much all day, which I loved.
I would definitely buy this again, even though most bath bombs and bubble bars are much easier to cut. I love the scent, and now that The Joy of Jelly has been discontinued, this bomb is the only way I can get this amazing scent. I highly recommend this to jasmine lovers.

on 2/12/2012 5:34:00 PM

Well, this was a total bust. How do I loathe this? Let me count the ways: it is barely scented, it is expensive as hell for something that you can use 1 time (I can buy 2 huge bags of bath salts for nearly $7), that flower thing that looks so pretty in the center of the ball turns gross and goopy - think mucus - once it hits the water, and the pink color that everyone seems to love is great - if you're a teenager. This did nothing for me....maybe left my skin a teeny bit smoother, but that's nothing that can't be accomplished with a regular bath oil that I will get more than one use out of. Further, if I'm paying nearly $7 for something, I expect it to knock me on my face on the floor with scent. I certainly won't waste any more money on buying this ever again.

Oh and thanks weirdo at the lush store for being overly creepy and trying to push as many products on me as you could, and then when I'm paying at the counter yell out "OH, WE'VE GOT A SEX BOMB HERE!!!" Are you completely mental? Never again. Disliked the store, disliked the staff, disliked the product. Absolute failure.

Popular Bath Treatments