MAC Brow Set in Show-Off

3.9

on 12/28/2010 12:37:00 PM

The only reason I have scored this so low is the colour - see my separet review for Brow Set in Beguile which scores much better as the colour is much better suited to me.
This looks like an auburn shade and as I have auburn hair I went for it. I am a little annoyed that the MAC assistant, who you would have expected to know that this in fact comes out a VERY dark brown, encouraged me to buy it. In fact, she even said that Beguile (which works perfectly for me) would be "too yellow".
As it was, they got 20 out of me instead of 10 because I had to go back and buy a second and in the UK we don't have this strange practice of taking things back if we don't like them which our sisters in the US seem to do all the time! In the UK once it's opened that's it - which I think is fair enough - they can't sell it if you take it back then can they? Although in the case of the MAC assistant who misled me I confess I do feel a little aggrieved.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I recieved this from a great swapper and what a deal!I love dark defined brows and dramatic eyes so this product is something I will purchase again when i run out. I used a regular brow pencil then used this to seal my brows it place. My eyebrows are so sparse I usually fill them in all throughout the day, and for once the whole day my eyebrows looked perfect! Love this product!!! :) What a time saver!

on 1/17/2010 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great for darker hair colors. This grooms the brow hair, sets it in place, and fills in color where there may be gray hair.

I like to use the brow pencils to fill in sparse areas of hair in the brow and then use the brow sets to fill in the hair and set it.

Pencils fill in color on the SKIN and the brow sets fill in color on the HAIR. The combo makes for the PERFECTLY defined brow.

on 9/23/2009 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Only two lippies bc the color is very nice to warm up a darker brow but i love my spiked eyebrow pencil, so the lady at mac told me bc of my medium brown hair with copperish colored highlights in my hair this would be beautiful however it was not when i tried it for work the next day. After my usual filling in with the pencil i wanted to set my brows with this and i did it very lightly, but even so it dried to dark and just looked nasty, i will gladly stick to the clear browset i have from mac and steer clear of trying to add highlights to my brow.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this stuff sucks, its very messy. the brush is really bad. this stuff gets on my skin all around my brows and its just not worth dealing with. i went back to using a brow pencil and clear brow gel.

on 3/29/2009 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have been buying this for years. I dye my mouse brown hair a deep auburn and this really helps add polish to my face and make it look more balanced.

My only complaint is occasionally it leaves a chunk, but nothing that can't be cleaned up like a mascara chunk.

It works much, much better than any other eyebrow product I've ever used.

on 1/12/2009 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Since this is the only dark shade available in the perm line, I have no choice but to try it after I run out of my Ungaro Mink brow set. This caught my eye during the BBR collection release. I used to think this shade has too much red in it that will not work for my expresso~black hair/eyebrows. But after the SA tried it on me, its actually pretty nice, works with my overall asian yellow toned complextion. I'll get this after I used up all my pencils for sure.
Love the package, but wish they can improve the brush quality.

on 3/22/2008 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

CALLING ALL GREEN EYED GIRLS!
This is an excellent alternative to mascara. The brown/bronze pearl effect really makes green eyes pop, and it looks natural but the colour's strong enough to be worn alone without liner. It doesn't clump either, and the formulas light so your lashes keep their curl. It's not water-proof though, but that means it's easily washed off with water and soap. The tubes massive and see-through so you know when you're running out, and the brush delivers a clean clump-free finish. What a classic!

on 1/1/2008 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use this as mascara, because it gives a subtle and clump-free result. It works nicely on the eyebrows too. It doesn't flake off or do anything it shouldn't. I'm a fan!

Tried this at the mall, whoa baby.

It was quite subtle, but it made my eyes look prettier considering my brows were BLACK.
For once my eyes looked green and not hazel/borderline brown.

I didn`t have a problem with extra product but that could have been because the SA gave me a fresh brush for hygene purposes.

Was a little messy, but hey it was my first time. Good price when i compared the benifit speed brow.. you get more for less money.
It has JUST enough hold for my brows and doesn`t leave them crusty.
I will deffinitly get this for my birthday!

edit: returned this, it too way too long to get the color even, i looked like a clown!

Popular Brows Products