Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20

3.4

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.6% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Talc, Cyclohexasiloxane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Cyclomethicone, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Stearoxymethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Ppg-12/Smdi Copolymer, Tocopherol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Silica, Soymilk Powder, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Propylene Carbonate, Silica Silylate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Acrylates Copolymer, Magnesium Carbonate, Disodium Edta, Benzotriazolyl Dodecyl P-Cresol, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Fragrance

on 2/17/2015 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Good foundation, not great. On my normal-to-dry skin with dry/flaky patches, it applies best with a siliconey primer and/or fingers, which, despite the fact that it's relatively liquidy, indicates to me it needs a lot more "slip and warmth" to look good on my skin. The primer also helps because I also find this tends to go patchy after a few hours of wear, which a lot of foundations do, but I notice it with this more than most. Before that, it looks really gorgeous on the skin--natural, light/medium coverage, with a bit of a glow (although there is NO shimmer in this formula, hallelujah).

The lightest shade in the range, Classic Ivory 10, is a great match for my neutral/peachy skin tone. However, I am very frequently NOT the lightest shade in ANY foundation range (more like the second or third, even fourth in more extensive shade ranges like L'Oreal True Match), so if your skin tone is very fair then you'll likely be out of luck.

As for the packaging, the bottle is squat and fat and (IMO) kinda cute, but like most drugstore foundations, pump-free. Oh well, I'm used to it, so the "putting it on the back of the hand" rigmarole is fine.

Lastly, this is on the pricey side for drugstore foundations (~$15), and if it weren't for coupons and rewards at CVS I probably wouldn't have purchased this. And, after trying it, I probably won't be *re*purchasing it, unless I can find a way to make it last longer on/apply easier to my skin (but as always, YMMV).

on 2/4/2015 2:24:00 PM

I've been looking for a foundation that's a little heavier than a tinted moisturizer, but not super mask-y. Consistency-wise, this foundation fits the bill. Unfortunately, I have combination skin and this foundation doesn't play well with it. The oily areas of my face got super shiny after just a few hours, and the areas that are a bit dry and flaky made the foundation cling to dry patches and make then really stand out. Yuck. Once the oiliness and patchy-ness sets in, the coverage aspect doesn't really matter, it's just kind of a mess. The color selection was tough too--only the lightest shade looked like it could match my yellow undertones, but it's too light and makes me look kind of sickly. The heavy glass bottle packaging and strange fragrance they added to the product are also a bit annoying. I won't be using this again.

I've been using this product for about a month and I have to say it does everything it says it should do. I have a dewy glow which is perfect because I love the natural flawless look but I don't get too greasy. There may be one point in the day when I get hot and have to blot a tiny bit but other than that it's good. I hate the packaging. It's so messy, I've already spilled lots of product because of the packaging. Good foundation,terrible packaging but overall I would recommend this.

on 1/30/2015 12:49:00 AM

What a waste of money. I will probably never buy this foundation again, it oxidized and made my skin look very orange. It hung on to what little dry patches I have, did not really make my skin look "healthy" as it claimed.

on 1/29/2015 9:43:00 PM

One of my best foundation finds at the drugstore! I have combination skin and it doesn't cling to dry patches or get greasy in my oilier areas. It blends easily into the most beautiful dewy finish. My only complaint is the lack of a pump, especially since the formula is very fluid. I am willing to compromise since the actual product is phenomenal!

on 1/21/2015 5:22:00 PM

This one of the only foundations I have repurchased a number of times! It truly brightens your complexion and blends great. It is not super full coverage, but it hides imperfections. I just go over with a little concealer if I have any major spots. I have combo skin and using a powder over this is a must to keep it from getting too oily. I'm currently using Mac Blot powder and it works good. On hot and humid days in the summer this isn't the best, but that is the only drawback. This foundation has been around for a while and I hope it doesn't go anywhere!

on 1/18/2015 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have very dry acne prone skin. This foundation does not cling to any dry patches I may have. The color selection is very poor and most are too pink toned for my pale skin. The packaging is awful; it can easily spill or pour too much out. The foundation oxidizes and turns orange rather quickly from my experience with the two bottles I bought. Even on my dry skin after a few hours, becomes greasy looking with this foundation on. I would not recommend it. While it may create a dewy look for dry skinned people, it can quickly turn to greasy and orange.

on 1/15/2015 8:35:00 AM

My 21 year old daughter gave this to me as she does not like wearing foundations at all. I never thought I would use it, as the color was in the Classic Ivory, which I 'thought' was too light for my skin tone. However, being as it is winter, my skin lightened up some so I thought I would try it. Surprisingly, I LOVE this foundation! It goes on very nice, blends great, does NOT settle into fine lines, smile lines, or pores. And IT DOES NOT CAKE! I always apply my foundations with my fingers. The coverage is great, and feels light on my skin, not heavy & does not look like a mask! I did not have to build up the coverage at all. The Packaging: I am actually one of the few who does not like pumps - too much wasted product. I like bottles/jars much better - easier to control the amount that I need. However, this bottle has a somewhat wide base & narrow neck, so will probably have to turn upside down once it starts getting low.

Anyway - one thing I do with this foundation (because it being too light of a color for me) is use powder over it with a big fluffy face brush. I happened to have a Loreal mineral powder foundation, which sucks by the way, that I bought and used maybe once. I now found a use for it. I don't ever use powder over my foundation but I used it with this since the color was so light, and my face looks awesome, lol. I did not use a primer or moisturizer under this either - I absolutely hate having to put extra products like primer on my face - applied on bare skin. It lasts all day and I have not had a problem with transfer - stays on extremely well, I don't get shiney either (maybe because of the powder, idk), and no break-outs. It is a bit pricey at $13, but I didn't buy it, lol, but he bottle is fairly large, don't need a lot of product, so it will last a long time I believe. My fav for years has been Loreal True Match, and now I will need to decide if I want to switch to this as my main foundation, IF I can find it in a darker tone that matches Loreal's W5 that I use.

on 1/9/2015 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

First off, hate the packaging. In stores and online from Ulta, this does not come with a plastic seal. I refrained from buying it in stores bc (with no pump) I wondered how many people put their finger inside to test the shade, seeing as you could open and reshelf with no problem. I didn't enjoy having to purchase a drugstore product online.
I am normal to dry skinned and this was good on my dry patches. BUT made me super oily and settled into every crease and fine line. Not good for me. The lightest shade (classic ivory 10) was way too dark for my face and neck. I had to blend all the way down to my chest. I of course set with a powder and this made it feel more cakey. I loved that this covered all my acne scaring and was full coverage but I felt very cakey only after a thin layer. Applying my concealer was easy to blend but it felt even heavier. (I am used to wearing a full face every day). It's good for the coverage and if you don't make facial expressions. I'm 18 and have no wrinkles but this settled into my smile lines and eye creases within an hour.

on 12/28/2014 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Shade: 30 Buff

I love this foundation! This should be the HG for anyone with dry skin.

PROS:
- super blendable
- dewy finish
- consistency is perfect for dry skin

CONS:
- there is no shine control. After around 5 hours of wearing this, you will notice your face starting to get oily and you would either have to blot or powder again.