OPI Samoan Sand

4.4

on 8/16/2013 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This was the first OPI I tried and I've been hooked since. It's a great nude that just looks beige on my nails. No yellow. No peach. Just beige. My sister was visiting and. tried it. She loved it too.

on 8/4/2013 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

so this is my first review..
i bought this polish after seeing the gorgeous colour in different photos online.
i have hundreds of nail polishes and a lot of them are OPI too but i don t think any other polish frustrated me like this one
first of all the colour is indeed beautiful even though it tends to darken as the polis starts to dry and in artificial licght it is a bit too yellow and makes your nails corps-like or a bit diseased, otherwise it is good for a nude
but the formula is absolutely HORRIBLE, and this doesn t even describe half of it.
i had done my nails yeasterday at lunch time ( 3 coats, 5 minutes between them, kept fingers in cold water 10 mins), by evening on of them was already chipped and a couple had marks from napkins or towels ( i have not performed almost any action exept from washing my hands and eating and staying on my laptop)
i went to bed almost 12 hours after applying the polish and i woke up with horrible marks from sheets and hair (i even tired to stay with my hands and nails upward during sleep but i guess after i fell asleep couldn t control that any more)
so i had to re-do them in the morning
the second time it all came waaay streaky and it took like 6 times to do them aproximatively ok but still 3 coats and streaky, and also it has started to get bubbly and had to constantly re-do some nails because of that
so i m very unhappy with this product
is not worth AT ALL the HUGE price
i once had a polish almost same color from L Oreal and 2 coats were perfect , dried in 5 mins and never chipped or streaked, it was half the price (and at that time that seemed pricey too)
i will keep the polish because i want to take it to the manicurist and try a half moon mani with this color and black (i have seen on OPI instagram and liked it) and maybe she will have more succes in applying it and have some special fast drying products
i have now applied it the zilionth time and already prepared for staying in bed at my laptop at least 3 hours and waitfor it to dry.

on 7/12/2013 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Bought many bottles of OPI in one shot due to all the great reviews~~ but it really sucks in my opinion. This is one of the colors i bought, way too transparent thus take TOO MANY layers to make the color visible and it tends to be very streaky when apply and doesn't even out by itself. Also OPI nail polish generally takes too long to dry, and remains soft for even longer, which means if i apply at night, I'll definitely wake up in the morning with blanket/sheet prints on my nails!!!! Which happens every single time even i waited for hours before go to bed!!! Btw it's also too overpriced for it's quality, which is so-so at most.

on 7/10/2013 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Wow really excited to write this review, this is a very pretty caramel peach nude. On my NC40 skin tone its a my nails but better color. Takes 3 coats to achieve the perfect finish. If you are on the market for a nude color, def worth giving this a try.

on 6/24/2013 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

My favourite neutral nail colour to date... classy, elongates fingers... yet still noticeable. And warmer than most nudes.... doesn't make fingers look dead or emphasize paleness in Winter. Opaque from first cooat more than the average polish. Love.

on 6/5/2013 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Can I just say I freaking love the names OPI gives to their nail polishes! Samoan Sand is a neutral beige with a tiny hint of peach. If I compare it Malaysian Mist, there are no similarities, except you need 3-4 coats for complete opacity too. Perfectly appropriate for any occasion.

on 4/11/2013 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

My favorite nail polish shade ever :) I was searching for a perfect neutral for work and this is it. It looks so feminine and classy on. It takes about four coats to get it to the opaqueness I like but it's worth it because it doesn't chip for days. Love love love and I'm looking forward to trying out more OPI shades like this.

on 4/6/2013 7:12:00 PM

I am very pleased with this neutral. The slight peachy tone keeps the color from looking drab. My fingers look longer and thinner. This is a great go to for looking either professional or sophisticated. Plus since it looks similar to my skin already, chipping and tip wear are not very distracting when the inevitable happens.

on 1/27/2013 7:43:00 PM

Ah my search for the perfect nude nail polish is over. Samoan Sand is a perfect peachy neutral nude goes great skin tones in the NC 20 to 40 range and NW 20 to NW 40. It dos take about 3 coats to obtain full opaque coverage. Will def repurchase in the future.

on 1/10/2013 9:44:00 PM

This is a slightly peachy beige color. I like the color most of the time, but in certain lighting, there is something about this color that makes my cuticles look really dark in an unhealthy way. I am Asian with medium-light skin (NC20-25), so if you're like me, I would advise you to try it before buying. Formula-wise, I found it to be quite streaky and thin. I don't like the look of VNL, so I ended up putting on at least 3 thick layers. On my right hand I think it took up to 6 layers because I am not as good at applying polish with my left hand, and it took that many layers to get rid of the streakiness. The only good thing is that there isn't that much tip wear with so many layers. I had this polish on for a whole week and had no problems with chipping or tip wear. Normally I get tip wear on day 3. The only reason I took it off was because my nails grew enough that there was a gap between my cuticles and where the polish started.

Top Rated OPI Products