Cover Girl Eye Enhancers - Mink

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this ages ago and use it frequently. It's a very nice champagne color with a bit of pink and gold. I use it mainly on the inner corners of my eyes--it's shimmery, but definitely not glittery.

It's worth noting that this is shade looks very different on diff. skin tones. On me (NC35, blue eyes) it's very light in color. Not white, but closer to ivory than to taupe, if that makes sense. My sister who is much more fair than I am and has more pink undertones and hazel eyes wears this and it looks very pink. On my friend who has similar coloring as me but is a shade or two darker, this looks almost like a pinky taupe. It looks gorgeous on all three of us, but very different.

I only use the sponge-tip applicator that came with this to apply it. Using a shadow brush you get almost nothing--no pigment whatsoever, just shimmer. This also performs much better with a primer underneath.

CG packaging is not meant to lure you in. It's not sleek or sophisticated, it doesn't have that heavy feeling that conveys good quality. It's very utilitarian. It holds the eye shadow and the lid stays on, so as far as I'm concerned, the packaging is fine. I've had this for at least 2 years and it's still intact.

The only reason I won't repurchase is that I use this frequently and after 2+ years I'm not even close to hitting the pan. This is a nice shade for three bucks, but it doesn't wow me.

on 4/9/2013 9:30:00 PM

I've been using this shade for as long as I can remember for my everyday look and I love it. It lasts so long and it looks so pretty on my skin and highlights my blue eyes well. I use a primer underneath so I don't have an issue with creasing or fallout. I haven't tried other dupes for this and I don't think I ever will, Mink is my go to for everyday.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have mostly had good luck with CG eyeshadows, with a couple of exceptions. I decided to try Mink recently after hearing such good things about it for so long. It is a soft copper shade with pinkish undertones. When I picked it up it looked familiar and I soon realized I already had an exact dupe for it - Makeup Store Venus. I haven't tried Mac All That Glitters so can't speak to it being a dupe for that, but I feel like there are a lot of similar colors out there. Unfortunately, the pigmentation was lacking on Mink as well. I soon exchanged it. I like most CG eyeshadows that I've tried but wouldn't recommend this unless you can't find a higher quality dupe.

on 3/22/2013 3:47:00 PM

Cover Girl shadows always seemed so cheap to me. But after hearing that the shade Mink was an acceptable dupe for MAC's All That Glitters, I decided to purchase it. While I don't regret buying it, I'm sure MAC's is better quality.

Firstly, I had dryness issues with this. It's stiff in the pan and you need to sweep your brush over it several times to get enough color on the brush. However, the shadow goes on smoothly and evenly, and does not fade, wearing reasonably well for 8 hours.

However, after 4 or 5 hours (depending on whether or not you used primer, respectively) you're going to deal with fallout. Nothing horrendous, but noticeable enough to where you have to factor it in.

The packaging also feels cheap and "drugstore" to me, which is not attractive or enticing me to purchase. Also worth noting is that the pan of shadow is longer and rectangular, so if you're into de-potting, this could take up space in your magnetic palette.

(Read the full review on peakvolume.blogspot.com)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had a choice between tapestry taupe and mink and I am very glad I bought mink! This colour is beautiful on dark skin. I gave this four lippies cuz I didn't find it to be very pigmented (at least not as much pigment as WnW) and got fallout.BUT!!!! The colour is so versatile that you could use this on an everyday basis.I would repurchase if i ever run out given the amount of product you get.

on 1/24/2013 4:52:00 PM

I really do not like the new packaging of the Cover Girl eyeshadows.

When you take the label off, you are left with a sticky film that collects loose hairs etc. also, This color is not what I expected it to be.

And I think the new repackaged Mink shadow is also smaller than the original Mink eyeshadow.

I will not be repurchasing.

on 1/5/2013 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm shocked this product has such a high rating. I literally had to dig my brush in and use a mixing medium, just to get it to show up. Way too much unnecessary work and effort. For drugstore, I will just stick with Wet n Wild, Milani, Prestige, or L'oreal. I will not repurchase.

on 12/6/2012 6:13:00 PM

I love using this shade on the brow bone or if I sweep some over a brown shadow. It is shimmery without being too glittery, and the shade is flattering on most tones.

It has shimmer, not glitter, but it does shine. Cover Girl Singles give you a lot of product for a cheap price. It isn't the most pigmented shadow but it works. Just use a primer underneath and you should be good to go.

My favourite way to use this product is Cover Girl Single in Brown
Smolder all over the lid with Mink highlight the middle of the eye lid.

I give it a rating of 4/5 because I still love the colour [a light champagne brown colour] and getting it to work is easy enough. Plus it's a good bargain. I take off a lippie due to terrible packaging and the fact it's not that pigmented.

So if you like shimmery but not glittery light champagne browns that you will work with just a little, go for it.

on 10/14/2012 5:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

This is a great product. This shade will flatter any skin tone and eye color. You get a ton of product for the price, and it is very pigmented and shimmery. It is very similar to MAC's Gleam, except more pigmented and doesn't have the gold glitter chunks. I prefer this to Stila's Kitten eye shadow.