The Body Shop Lip Butter

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/12/2013 11:24:00 PM

I have the sweet lemon, and i love it! The butter is soft and the scent is amazing, it leaves my lips feeling smooth. The only thing i don't like is the packaging, i don't think tubs are sanitary.

on 4/8/2013 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This was an uber disappointing purchase for me. I bought the sweet lemon scent (which I believe has been discontinued) because I smelled one of the testers and it reminded me of Lemonheads. Not only did the scent/taste end up totally grossing me out when I applied it, but the product also had a very waxy, putty-like texture. As far as lip butters go, it did last for a long time, but not in a good way! It just wasn't moisturizing at all, and because it was so heavy and waxy it sat on my lips without sinking in...ever. So, for $5, I got a couple of uses out of this as a lip treatment, a couple more uses out of it as a cuticle/dry nail treatment, and that was it. Also - I was not a fan of the tub-style packaging; lip butters normally come packaged this way, but it's just not sanitary unless you are careful to wash your hands before dipping into the balm or use a q-tip to get the product out! I may try the Born Lippy balms, but I definitely won't go back to The Body Shop balms.

on 4/8/2013 12:55:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I own the one in dragonfruit, it was my first body shop lip butter purchase and it was a great one. First off I loved that portions of this went to charity and that you could go on their site and vote which charity you would like the money to go to. Secondly, this was just an amazing purchase. the Packaging is bright green and pink and the balm inside it white. It smells wonderful and is so moisturizing the only downside is that you have to look in a mirror or be very careful applying it because it will leave white residue. Other than that it is perfect and I will repurchase if I can find it again.

on 3/8/2013 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this because I live in a very dry climate and the winter is harsh on my lips. I also love lemon scented and flavored things, so I bought the sweet lemon lip butter. I do like the scent. However, this isn't moisturizing enough for my lips, and it doesn't seem to last long. I am constantly reapplying it.

I am also not a huge fan of the packaging: I tend to prefer things in tubes. But I really wanted to try this. I am glad I did, but I will not repurchase. I'll also probably save the rest for late spring or summer, when I don't need so much moisture for my lips.

on 1/20/2013 4:14:00 PM

I have to say I really don't understand where the bad reviews on this product are coming from. I absolutely ADORE this product and I've repurchased it countless times! It's the most moisturising lip conditioning treatment I've ever tried and I can't imagine living without it. The scent to these are very strong which I love and I always think that they leave a slight taste behind as well. These lip butters are the only product which can save my lips from drying lipsticks or the winter weather. Can't recommend this enough!

on 8/25/2012 2:50:00 AM

Oh Body Shop, you're doing it all wrong. How dare you charge me $5 or so on this useless bacteria breeding bowl that not only doesn't moisturizes my lips, but goes above and beyond to DRY OUT my lips.

on 6/17/2012 6:49:00 PM

I bought this in the limited edition Chocomania flavour and I LOVE it. The stuff is smooth, creamy, and does a decent job at moisturizing my lips (although to be fair, they aren't seriously chapped). The smell is also divine. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this in Sweet Lemon. It looks creamy, smells and tastes delicious, but really is completely useless. No hydrating properties whatsoever, my lips got drier and drier, and it left the most vile white residue on my lips (which, juxtaposed against my South Asian skin, makes me look positively diseased).

I would not recommend this to anyone. There are so many better alternatives available, for a fraction of the cost.

on 4/29/2012 12:39:00 PM

Just awful! Not only did it turn my lips white it actually dried them out!! The packaging is really cute but after a few days in my bag the rim and the lid is super messy and sticky with the product, not very hygienic! I so wanna love these because I use the body butters all the time but these have got to be the worst lip product I've ever encountered.

Available in a wide variety of delicious scents, The Body Shop's lip butter is a solid contender in the fight against chapped lips. The incredibly thick, creamy texture is very soothing and reminds me more of a lotion than a traditional lip balm. The wear time is nothing extraordinary, but the product does leave my pout soft and conditioned for a couple of hours after application. The major drawback of this item is that it's not completely transparent. You have to be careful to blend the butter into your skin entirely or you'll be left with an awkward white film coating your lips.

The Bottom Line: Great for conditioning lips as long as you remember to blend thoroughly

Read more at http://wallstreetbeautybeat.blogspot.com/