MAC #219 Pencil Brush

4.6

on 3/14/2014 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

A great brush to have in your collection. If you love doing smokey eyes, this brush is absolutely necessary. I like using it for applying deep colors in the outer V, applying/blending eyeshadow on my lower lash line and for applying highlight color in the tear duct area. It's so precise so you don't have to worry about eyeshadow going all over the place. This is definitely a must have.

on 7/9/2013 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Great multi-purpose brush. I use mine for adding shadow to my lower lashline, adding colour the outer v and adding colour to the crease. It does all of these tasks brilliantly, I think I need another. I love natural bristled brushes for shadow work and the 219 is a fabulous all-rounded.

on 6/21/2013 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is the best brush I've used for gel liners/fluidliners. The thickness of the line is exactly what I want and I find it very controllable. It's also fantastic to use to get eyeshadow into the "V" of the eye lid. Very versatile brush.

It is a pencil brush which works well in eye area. It can be used for multiple things: applying eye shadow in the corner of the eye, adding extra color in the crease, applying eye shadow along eye lashes, smudging eye pencil.
The brush is very good quality, and will serve a long time. It doesn't shed. Some might find it bit scratchy, so if you have super sensitive eyes, you'd better look for alternatives.

on 3/13/2013 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love my pencil brush for a variety of reasons. One is to use it to smudge my pencil liner into my top lashes. Two is to apply dark eyeshadows in my outer V, as I have very small eyes. Three is to use it as a brow shader. It's such a versatile brush that everyone should own one of these. X

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I bought this for the sole purpose of blending colors on my LLL precisely. Unfortunately it doesn't do that. For some reason it automatically drags itself further down my lash line no matter how hard I try to keep it AT the lash line it just goes down like it has a mind of its own.

However, because I have small eyes this works really well creating outer V's. Very precises and grabs color real well.

One lippie off for the scratchy bristles.

on 1/24/2013 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I agree with the previous reviewer that says this is scratchy; I swapped for several MAC brushes (as well as some that I purchased directly from MAC) and I have to say: I have NOT BEEN IMPRESSED with them. This pencil brush is unbelievable in it's roughness. I would expect that this was some $5.00 drugstore brush.

My eyes are very sensitive and this just causes them irritation. With it being so stiff, it also is hard to pick up pigment. Not ever a recommendation for me.

on 1/24/2013 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

-This brush shape is good for precise application. However it is too stiff and scratchy for the sensitive under eye area, so it only deserves 3 stars.
-Not worth the price tag.
-Definitely prefer #266 to this.

EDIT:
I'm editing my review to change the rating from 3 to 5. I think I probably didn't wash the brush properly after using it. I still use the same brush cleanser but I rinsed the bristles a little longer and it's no longer stiff and scratchy. In fact, I'm been using it to line my eyes everyday since!

on 12/29/2012 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have small eyes, so for me, this works beautifully as a crease/outer V brush. I have a MAC 217, but it's too big for the small crease of my eyes, so this brush works perfectly. I prefer to use the 213 to line my eyes, although this could work as an eyeliner brush as well.

on 11/25/2012 9:56:00 PM

Great for smudging or adding color to your crease, or corner of your eyes

Top Rated MAC Products