LUSH soak 'n' float shampoo bar

3.5

* Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, * Water (Aqua), * Cade Oil (Juniperus oxycedrus), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Marigold Petals (Calendula officinalis), * Rose Petals (Rosa centifolia), * *Limonene, * *Linalool, * Perfume.

on 9/2/2013 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I have seborrhea, so I am never searching for the impossible: a cure. It is always about controlling the itch and flake-producing planks. I have been using prescription-strength Selsun for nearly thirty years and hating every minute of it (thick, orange nightmare that cannot be rinsed out completely). I have had forays into other shampoos periodically, but nothing controlled the seborrhea as well as the Selsun. I was more than a little encouraged by the reviews on the LUSH site, so I let myself get excited. I was not disappointed by the shampoo. It is controlling the flare ups fairly well. I find the performance of the shampoo enhanced by using in it tandem with the Superbalm. I'm thrilled to be through with the Rx shampoo.

It does smell like five campfires have been lit in your bathroom, but it is not a bad smell just a strong one (I would not want to smell my favorite fragrance this strong). The fragrance dissipates pretty well from the hair after rinsing, and it leaves the bathroom as soon as you store the shampoo bar once it has dried sufficiently. To really eradicate the smell, use another shampoo after this one. The shampoo bar is genius for travel, and lasts a long time.

on 7/13/2013 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I kind of oily scalp and dandruff, finally I bought this product but after two weeks of use there is no change, I was very disappointed. and I would not buy this product again.

on 5/29/2013 1:53:00 PM

I have a really flaky scalp for a while. I've tired almost everything on the market to make it better.but nothing has worked.
My sister suggested I go into lush, and ask them for a shampoo,since all of they're products are natural,with no harsh chemicals.
The worker there suggest the 'soak 'n' float' shampoo bar.
For the first time I used, It was great! It seemed like all of the dandruff was gone.
Unfortunately, after using it for two weeks, my scalp got worse than it ever was and I had to switch shampoo's, quite disappointing.

on 5/29/2013 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have bad, recurring dandruff and have tried LOTS of products that didn't work. I am on to my 3rd bar of Lush Soak 'n' Float, so yes this one works for me - like all products you need a week or two before you start seeing results though.

The smell is intense but not too bad once you've finished rinsing it out, and virtually gone once my hair is dry. It is more effective (and less irritating) than my last anti-dandruff shampoos (Garnier Fructis) but I wish it was sulfate-free.

I first used it traveling around Asia and found the solid bar great for air travel, and good for my scalp in humid climates. I do find it dries out my normally oily/combination scalp, particularly in cooler climates in winter, so don't tend to use it more than once a week when I'm in New Zealand.

I recommend using an intensive conditioner and if you find it leaves a residue/build up, I've found a vinegar rinse (1/4 cup vinegar, 3/4 cup warm water) once a week is great!

FYI I am in my 30's, and my hair is dark, long and straight and have an combination oily scalp but dry ends.

on 5/22/2013 3:28:00 AM

oh Lush, i want to like you, really i do, every time i get within a mile of your store the lovely smell is so inviting. It lures me in and i have fun smelling everything in sight. unfortunately, the ingredients stink. lush aggravates me because they try to trick people into thinking they are natural and safe. While they do use many natural ingredients, they usually use sulfates and at least some fake perfumes. thats a big no for me. I have gotten a few lip balms in there that i liked, that i'll say. Also, they use baking soda often, and my skin is allergic to that. now as for this shampoo bar- I did like it and felt it helped my itchy scalp. The texture of the bar is a bit gritty which I liked, made it easier to lather. And i like the campfire scent! But I wouldnt use this regularly or often because of the sulfates and artificial fragrance. If you're in the store and want to try something unique and sort of natural for dandruff/itchy scalp, maybe you might want to try this out. But Id recommend Grandpa's Pine tar shampoo bar over this. Lush, please stop using sulfates and go more natural so i can enjoy your scents!

on 5/20/2013 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I like this shampoo bar, as with most Lush shampoo bars. To be honest I bought it because I love the scent (I seem to be in the minority among my friends) because I LOVE the bonfire smell. This subtly smells like a bonfire when it's in your hair but when you sniff the bar itself it smells strongly of bacon because of the smoke. I don't really have a dandruff problem but I do tend to get some flakes sometimes, I noticed when using this I didn't have any. It seems pricy to just buy for the sake of the smell, and I do prefer other shampoo bars from Lush. But this stuff does smell fantastic, and if you are looking for a campfire type of scent then you're in luck.

on 5/19/2013 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this shampoo. I have scalp psoriasis and this product really helps. OK, it won't cure my condition but it sure makes it more bearable. My scalp feels clean and stops itching after using it and my hair feels lovely and soft. The shampoo bar smells awful, and looks like a pile of vomit, but trust me, once you get past the shabby exterior you'll discover a kind and loving shampoo that will treat your hair and scalp with respect. My hair does not smell at all after using this product. The first time I bought this product I thought it was pretty expensive but I was so fed up with my itchy, flaky head that I was prepared to give it a go. Then I discovered that it is in fact very good value for money. It lasts for ages! Even when it gets a bit wet and soggy (mine actually melted into a brown gelatinous goo !) it still works just the same, but you must store it in a covered plastic container or it will vanish down the drain! My last one lasted at least 6 months. That was $13 (Australian) well spent.

on 3/11/2013 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

It is so interesting to read the reviews and read what everyone says about the scent. Yes it smells like a strong campfire, yes the scent can be a little overwhelming as it lingers in my bathroom for most of the rest of the day. But when I am actually shampooing my hair with this bar I can barely smell the scent (weird I know). It does not make my hair smell like a campfire but I use conditioner after and I'm not sure that makes a difference.

I happen to love every Lush shampoo bar I have ever tried. For some reason the ingredients makes my hair very shiney, full of volume and curly but well behaved.

The shampoo bars last forever for me. It takes so little to get a full lather for my medium-short hair. I keep the shampoo bar in a place where it can dry out and it lasts for months. I will definitely buy again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had never really had problems with my scalp until I started dying my hair bright red- now it seems the harsh chemicals have really affected my scalp and left it really dry and flakey around my hairline.

I purchased Soak N Float on a whim yesterday whilst in Lush, and love it! The SA was lovely and warned me on the smell, and recommended a triple strength conditioner to go with the bar, only to use on the ends of my hair.

The smell is strong- very strong- and will linger in your bathroom. That being said, after a few hours the smell wears out of your hair. I rubbed the shampoo bar directly onto my hairline and into my part, and then really got my fingers in there and scrubbed my scalp. When washing this out, my hair was so clean it squeaked!

This one is highly recommended- its only been hours since use but my scalp doesnt feel tight or like I shouldnt knock my hairline in case I stir up the flakies. Not one in sight!

on 12/31/2012 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is the first solid shampoo I've ever tried and I was really surprised at how much it lathered up! Directions on how to use it says you should swipe it 3 times over your hair (left, right, then under), which I was initially skeptical about, but when I did it, it created a load of bubbles and coated my several inches past shoulder-length hair. The soap has a strong, pungent smell when you sniff it while it's dry, but after rinsing your hair, it actually smells really pleasant so don't let the initial smell keep you from trying this soap.
I chose Soak n Float because my sensitive scalp turns red, itchy, and flaky immediately after I use certain shampoos (Pantene, Suave, L'Oreal, Neutrogena, Herbal Essences, Dove, V05, etc). It's like playing Russian roulette because I'm never sure which ingredient causes the negative reaction (even silicone free, SLS free shampoos sometimes irritate my scalp.... ) and it happens a few mins after I dry my hair, so I was quite happy that Soak n Float didn't cause this reaction and I really like how it smells on my damp hair. Also, to test whether this would dry-out my hair, I didn't use a conditioner. My hair was still easy to comb through while damp, and was very shiny once dry. When I woke up the next day, my hair still looked full, shiny and soft. I feel I need to mention that I have virgin hair (never been colored or chemically treated) and I haven't used silicone-based shampoos and conditioners in almost a year so nothing extra in it except this solid shampoo. I'm really happy with the results and can't wait to try the other shampoo bar I bought - Karma Komba. Will definitely be buying this shampoo bar again.
***EDIT 6th Jan 2013*** Have been using this shampoo bar for several days straight and still loving it. I've now bought several other shampoo bars from LUSH (New, Trichomania, Seanik, and Godiva) but have yet to try them because I love Soak n Float so much :D. I did use another liquid shampoo a few days ago (an all natural one that I'm trying to use up because I bought it first) but it caused my scalp to become itchy and flaky :( so I switched back to Soak n Float and the irritation went away after one use so I'll be sticking with this one for a while!

Top Rated LUSH Products