Dr. Bronner's Dr.Bronners Tea Tree Soap

4.3

Not tested on animals

Water, Saponfied Organic Coconut Oil*, Saponified Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Glycerin, Organic Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Melaleuca Altenafolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Tocopherol (* Certified Fair Trade by IMO)

on 12/7/2012 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this because my piercer recommended it for cleaning a new piercing (I was informed that you can also use the lavender, hemp and unscented versions, but NOT the peppermint version of this soap for cleaning piercings). It's pretty watery but you only need a little bit. I ended up also using this as my shower gel, and I enjoy it a lot. I'll definitely repurchase this or try another scent

on 11/8/2012 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NOT FOR ACNE! I really want to like this soap as a cleanser for my oily, acne-prone skin. Essential and organic oils are usually too big to fit into pores and cause a problem, but this soap made my acne worse. Dr. Bronner's soaps are incredible as a body wash and hand soap, and I will buy the liquid castile soap as long as it is available. This stuff just isn't right for my face.

on 8/30/2012 10:40:00 AM

Everytime i look at my Dr.Brooners's soap i'll say "i love it! i'm so glad i convert!"
A little goes a long way, the smells refreshing, and it's god for me from top to toe. Of course i will buy it again, this will be my only face,body,hand soap, shampoo, and even for feminine hygiene. Totally recommended.
Will try another scents also.

on 8/24/2012 10:04:00 AM

I have been struggling with bacne this summer and I decided to try this soap on a whim to see if there would be any improvement. I am glad that I did! I didn't notice too much change up until the second week of using this soap but nonethmess, my skin is on the mend. I use a quarter sized amount on a Salux cloth and thats more than enough for my entire body. I like the fact thst the soap rinses clean, and a very small amount goes a long way. I have also used this soap in a pinch for cleaning around the house. This is a great multi purpose product that should be a staple in everyones home.

on 8/18/2012 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

After years of struggling to find the perfect facial cleanser. Most of them always make my skin itchy or nasty breakout. Finally, I've found my holy grail facial cleanser! I've been using it for three months - only every morning. It keeps under control with excessive oil production and less breakouts. I've been using it for three months and haven't had a big zit yet.

I don't use it straight from the bottle because it is too harsh for my facial skin. The bottle is three times more concentrated than regular liquid soaps. I wet my hands then I take only one drop of it and lather it up. I rub it gently on my face and I also massage for a little bit then clean it off with tepid water. It is very effective than all drugstore cleansers and dirt cheap too.

on 6/18/2012 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very oily/acne prone skin and love the Dr. Bonner's tea tree as a face and body wash. I do use this directly from the bottle without any dilution.

An added bonus I discovered by accident is that it helps with the ingrown hair on my legs due to epilating. What I do is use the Dr. Bronner's (no dilution) on my legs like a body wash. I will then lightly use a Mr. Pumice bar (the light purple one) on my legs. Be sure your legs are either submurged in water while using the bar or directly under running water or it will be too scratchy. Long story short, my ingrowns have pretty much disappeared and it's because of the Dr. Bronners. I know this because I was using the pumice bar before I started using Dr. B and didn't have the same results.

So if you suffer from ingrown hair I highly suggest you try the Dr. Bronner's tea tree as well as exfoliating.

on 6/6/2012 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I want to be into tea tree, but I'm just not. It smells too medicinal for me. I tend towards dry skin, and tea tree is good for oily skin, so no loss. The smell is too astringent for me to want to use as an all-purpose cleaner either. The only dr bronners I wouldn't buy again.

on 1/10/2012 9:29:00 PM

This review is for the bar version of the Tea Tree soap. I purchased it hoping it would keep my acne prone skin in check.
After three weeks of 2x /day use (with a clarisonic too) the acne redness calmed a bit but, the zits still kept coming.

Also, the soap left a slick residue on my face. I found myself rinsing and rinsing to no avail. I noticed a residue in our sink as well.

I prefer to use natural products as long as they work well for me. This one, however, did not.

on 11/14/2011 1:35:00 AM

This stuff lasts forever, and I've been using it for about a month now and have noticed that my bacne breakouts have drastically reduced. Also, if you've ever heard of the term "squeaky clean".... this is it. As in your skin will squeak. I don't personally mind this- I love my Clinique facial soap for the same reason- it removes all the oils on my skin.
Smells like motor oil though, Definitely don't buy if scent is a selling point for you. It does wear off as soon as you rinse it, but your bathroom will smell a bit off for half an hour.

on 10/18/2011 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Heals well if you have eye/small skin irritations (cuts). Mix a little with baby mild liquid for cleaning to give house a fresh scent. Use it for body washing only if you like to smell like an old Depends wearing grandma. Wash your face with it only at night when no one comes near you. The scent fades if you use it as hand wash, otherwise this is definitely what it smells like and it's not pleasant.

Popular Face Skincare Products