Cetaphil Dermacontrol OIl Control Foam Wash

3.3

Water, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Glycerin, PEG 75, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Zinc Gluconate, PEG 200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Benzoate, Masking Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA

on 6/4/2014 8:52:00 PM

I started using this cleanser a week ago, the sample package with the moisterizer, and I'm not thrilled about it. I use a Mary Kay cleanser normally, and LOVE IT, and when I tried this, it felt weird and tight. When I first opened the pumped the product out, it felt very light and foamy, but when I put it on my face, the foam went away and the product dried on my face! In order for that not to happen, you have to be quick. Also, this cleanser is good for taking off little, not waterproof makeup, but is too light for a normal amount of makeup. When I finish this product, I'm going to go back to my other cleanser. This product reminds me of my first cleanser I had, by Clean and Clear that burned my face. In fact, make sure you don't get thos product in your eye, it HURTS. The last thing I'm going to say is this product doesn't smell the best...

on 5/22/2014 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This product was recommended by my dermatologist since I occasionally have oiliness, extremely sensitive skin, and have been responding well to Cetaphil products. I was given a sample to try.

I was intrigued and excited to use a foam facial wash. The product felt light in my hands as I pumped some out, but the results were not what I expected. Rather than having a clear face, I started to breakout. I used the product for a few days and noticed that the pimples were not going away. I understand and have been told that 'it gets worse before it gets better'. I like seeing quick results, so I stopped using this product and went back to my former facial wash (Cetaphil Restoradorm Skin Restoring Body Wash). My face dramatically got better.

I had high hopes for this face wash, but I will not be purchasing it.

on 4/16/2014 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this cleanser. It doesn't burn like every other product that I have tried, and it leaves my face feeling so clean and tight. I apply it to my wet face and make sure it's evenly distributed and then go over my face with my Clarisonic. This has helped me so much at keeping my breakouts at bay. I have stopped using it for the time being because I am trying the oil cleansing method. If that ends up failing, there is no doubt that I will be repurchasing this product!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this sometimes in the morning and to remove my make up and I really like this cleanser. I've used this cleanser for about 6 months. It doesn't break me out, and it's good to use with the moisturizer that comes along with it, which I don't use though because it burns my eyes. But anyway, this cleanser is gentle and is good at removing make up. I like that it comes with a pump! It's well priced and I'll definitely repurchase.

I use this with the moisturizer that is made to go with it, and I love it! This cleanser comes in an 8 fluid ounce bottle, and usually about 3 pumps of the foam will clean all of the makeup off my face. It costed about $10, and has lasted for several months, so it's worth the money. It's very gentle, which is so nice for my skin because of all of the harsh topical products I have to use. The smell is different, but light and clean, so I like it. I will buy this again!!

on 2/2/2014 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This cleanser has proven to be the best I've used so far. Usually when a product claims to offer "oil control", it dries out my skin like crazy, but this product is gentle enough that it controls my oil without stripping my face or leaving residue. My acne has greatly decreased since I began using this cleanser. The pump on the bottle and the foam consistency make the cleanser very easy to use. The product is only slightly drying, so I do recommend using a moisturizer after washing. Also, the smell is very strong and resembles an old lady's perfume. The scent is definitely my least favorite aspect of this cleanser--it takes some getting used to. However, this cleanser is so effective that I can overlook the scent and focus on the fact that this product has really worked for my acne.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Does what is promised. Controls oil, leaves a matte finish, and doesn't leave residue like other facial cleansers I've used (such as Clean & Clear). It helps control my acne too, and makes my face feel fresh in the morning and clean after a long day.

on 12/30/2013 12:47:00 PM

An over-fragranced foam that cleanses lightly. I only use this in the morning as I feel it is not strong enough to remove makeup and oils from the day. I noticed no improvement in my skin from using this product. Does not dry out the skin but it does not seem to clean the skin very well either.

on 12/29/2013 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I used Cetaphil's gentle skin cleanser for years. However, when I saw this, I HAD to have it. Cetaphil has been amazing to my skin and I was pleased to know they were coming out with something for acne prone skin!

Pros:
-Comes in a nice pump and makes for easy application
-Foamy
-Smells good
-Doesn't break me out
-Helps remove makeup

Cons:
-Kind of pricey. $9 for a small-ish bottle
-Sometimes the foam dries out when I'm lathering it on my face and that can get pretty annoying
-If I use too much, my skin can feel very dry
-Don't get it get near your eyes because it BURNS

Overall, it's a pretty good product and despite my cons, I'll keep using it. I'm very cautious about trying new face products once I find something I'm pretty happy with.

on 11/1/2013 11:55:00 AM

My brother was using this and it didn't do anything for his skin, so I decided to try it. I'm very surprised there are such good reviews on this because it did nothing for me. I wasn't even sure if it cleaned by face. I tone with witch hazel and I could see the residue of my bb cream on the cotton pad. Made me very suspicious of the cleaning power.