Dior Diorshow New Look Mascara

3.1

on 5/30/2014 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Wonderful product. One of my HG mascaras.
It comes with a tiny brush that is fantastic for getting to every last lash, and provides an even coat. The brush is a hard plastic, with lots of close together bristles that allows you to comb out any clumps before it dries. I find this tiny brush works especially well for my short, fine lashes as it easily allows me to evenly coat each lash from root to tip.

I do prefer to layer this mascara with a couple of others to provide a more dramatic look, but it's also great on it's own, especially during the day.

The first time I purchased this I got talked into also purchasing the diorshow lash primer, which when combined with this mascara DID make my lashes look even better but I won't be purchasing it anymore as it is $35 CAD in addition to the $35 for the mascara itself.

on 1/29/2014 1:22:00 AM

This made my lashes look great but I tend to have oily eyelids. That means my mascara starts to appear on my lower eye (raccoon eyes). I have a problem with this and don't like waterproof mascaras. The lady at the store said that it wouldn't smudge but it did on me. Shame because it made my lashes look really long and fabulous! If you don't have a problem with raccoon eyes then try it. Wish I could use it :(

on 12/5/2013 2:48:00 PM

This is a very pricey product but I love it. I used to use L'Oreal Telescopic and L'Oreal Volumious together to achieve the same results as this one product, even with having to buy 2 products is was still cheaper than to buy the Dior mascara but if you have the extra money to spend I would definitely by the Diorshow New Look Mascara.

on 6/21/2013 6:51:00 AM

Bought this as part of Nordstrom's Mascara Madness event last month to try it out, as I am a big fan of Dior mascara. This hasn't disappointed. The wand is great; wide at the base but then tapers to a smaller tip which helps cover all your lashes specifically towards the inner eye very well. Great coverage, stays all day & doesn't smudge. One application provides complete coverage, & it is buildable for a more dramatic look. Just let it dry a few moments so it doesn't transfer to your lid area, & you are good to go. May take a little effort to remove depending on what you use to get your makeup off at the end of the day. I used Neutrogena makeup remover (not the wipes) with a few tissues & that takes care of it. Another great addition to the Dior mascara line. It is not as good as Diorshow or Extase, which provide better much heavier coverage initially, but it's ok for every day work use. I really like the tapered wand. The tube itself is smaller than Diorshow, thicker & more heavy,&personally I prefer Diorshow's longer wand for application. Price was $29,which is average for high end. I have never had good experiences with drug store mascaras, unfortunately, so I will always invest in a Dior or Chanel mascara.

on 6/14/2013 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've become really reluctant to have one "go to" "holy grail" mascara because one mascara cannot do it all. I use Chanel Le Volume, Lancome Hypnose Drama, and this. In the beginning, I was like some of the other reviewers - love, love, love. Until one night out, when I laughed so hard my eyes teared, I had to run the bathroom because they were BURNING. I had never felt a burn like that before. Not only that, but it was extremely difficult to get off - even using Lancome Bi-Facil (which is pretty good, although I've found baby shampoo works better). Still, there is an extreme sting.

I use this only on my bottom lashes now, and only when I'm going out and want Kim K. bottom lashes. It does a good job separating, stays on as long as the humidity doesn't rise (or you don't tear) - but not worth it for everyday use.

on 5/14/2013 2:41:00 PM

Lovely tiny brush so I can get the product right into my lashes, I love a defined lash with volume & that is exactly what this gives. It doesn't leave clumps & the comb brush makes sure it leaves them smooth! Love this!! A bit expensive for what you get but it doesn't stop me from buying again. Really adds a lot of length!

on 4/18/2013 3:08:00 PM

I got this as a sample and repurchased! I have naturally curly and full lashes so I wear mascara to add that wow effect, however i like to stay pretty natural. And this does the job amazingly. I find that it works especially well once it has dried up a tiny bit. It separates lashes, gives volume, doesn't clump and looks natural yet gives you an intense look. It doesn't smudge on me at all, but then I never have that problem with mascaras. It is a bit expensive, but overall, I really like it.

on 3/9/2013 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I got a deluxe sample of this from Sephora and upon seeing the brush, I didn't have much hope in liking it. I was quite wrong! This builds, defines and lengthens my lashes and I really like the effect. I haven't had any issues with smudging and I also apply to my bottom lashes. I like the tip of the brush, too, as I can really angle it well (as it's small and tapered) to really get my inner lashes covered as well as the outer corners, too. It's quite expensive but I am thinking of buying the full size as to me it's worth the price. I just bought a YSL Faux Cils Shocking which I like as well so will have to wait to finish that before deciding 100%.

on 2/2/2013 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My eyelashes are naturally quite long but don't curl (even when I use eyelash curlers they don't stay curly) and this mascara makes them curl and it stays!! This is the best mascara I've used it does everything. It separates, curls, lengthens and thickens my eyelashes and the small brush gets every single eyelash. I would definitely repurchase

on 1/25/2013 1:53:00 AM

I got this as a free sample at sephora when Dior was making a presentation and giving away gifts. I don't like these types of brushes ordinarily so I figured I'd give it a shot since it was free and then throw it out, and I am shocked at how much I love it! This makes my lashes look totally amazing! This brush actually defines my lashes really well, and yes it's thick but i always brush off any excess as i pull the wand out of the tube. That avoids any clumps and I also do several very thin coats so they stay separated and look fantastic! To be fair, I never have an issue with raccoon eyes, so I can't speak to it running, but I really love this mascara and intend to re-buy it soon :)

Popular Mascaras