Cetaphil Cetaphil Derma Control Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30

3.0

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 3%, Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (7%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isopropyl Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Diisopropyl Sebacate, Silica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sucrose Tristearate, Dimethiconol, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 61, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Panthenol, Triethanolamine, Allantoin, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Zinc Gluconate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine

on 1/29/2015 3:30:00 PM

I like that this has a higher SPF than most basic moisturizers because I have very fair skin and I bought it for this very reason. I have combination skin that is whitehead and blackhead prone and I do think I have less oil around my nose since using it. No change in blemish control. It has a pretty matte finish. Smells a little like sunscreen but what else can you expect for SPF 30. It can be harsh around the eyes and I had stinging once because I was carelessly slathering it over them like my old moisturizer. I find as long as I'm careful I can still put it over my eyelids without stinging. Overall a product I like. Enough moisture for my combo skin without causing breakouts and an oil slick, and wears well under makeup.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this because it's for acne prone skin. This was another disappointment because as soon as you apply this it burns the crap out of your eyes! I didn't even get it anywhere near my eyes and I had to run to the bathroom to rinse my eyes and wash this off of my face!

on 1/5/2015 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this product as an alternative to my beloved cerave am moisturizer. I was trying to find something that left my face a little less shiny. This stuff was pretty awful. It didnt protect me from the sun's rays and clogged my pores very badly. I used it for roughly 3 months before i completely gave up. My skin went from pretty to just blah while using this product. It was the only thing I had changed in my routine at that time. I dont even remember if it actually provided a matte finish or not. All I remember was my melasma like areas on my face grew very dark while using this product. Those areas have since faded lighter but not back to how they looked before. And my nose and checks had tons of clogged pores and blackheads.

on 1/3/2015 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Well the words MATTE and SPF drew me in. This product does not keep skin oil free. I have been using about a week now and haven't had any breakouts yet, but this product seems like it may cause one on how the consistency is. My skin looks and feels extremely oily after I apply. Definitely will not repurchase.

on 12/3/2014 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have use many oil control moisturizers, and this by far is the best one! firstly i found a lot of oil control moisturizers dry me out, but this one is nice and moist, yet is not shiny! i actually noticed a difference that my face gets less oily, and i have to re apply my powder less wearing this product. Obviously this product does not completely keep my face matte all day, but it does significantly reduce the amount of oil! I would recommend this product to anyone with oily skin it does a great job!

on 11/26/2014 10:22:00 PM

This product is terrible. I've never looked so shiny. A revolting oil slick all over my face. What a huge waste of money and such sneaky product claims. Pls I know when your skin is oily you're desperate to get something spf that works - trust me, this ain't it!

on 10/22/2014 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I'm currently on my second bottle and it has been working great at keeping my oils at bay. My skin has been enjoying this product because I haven't seen an increase in breakouts nor oil throughout the day due to this specific product.

I like to apply the moisturizer five minutes after using my morning cleanser, Oil of Olay Total Effects Salicylic Acid Cleaner (which is a holy grail), wait another 2-3 minutes, and apply makeup. Using this in conjunction with the a Tarte concealer and the L'Oreal True Match Mineral Pressed Powder keeps the skin matte all day.

After reading other reviews and seeing the negative reviews, I wanted to share my morning routine in hopes the moisturizer may improve in your favor as it does for me.

on 10/1/2014 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and I thought this product would be great. Unfortunately, it does nothing to control oil and makes my face even more oily than with a regular moisturizer that isn't supposed to control oil. Doesn't make any sense to me how Cetaphil expects this to work. It also stung my eyes. I currently use it on my arms and legs when I go out in the sun so I don't have to waste it.
Bottom line: I would never repurchase unless they totally reformulated it.

on 8/28/2014 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I used this product along with the Dermacontrol oil foam wash and they both made my skin even more oilier!! My main issue was the oil on my face and it just made it worse. I would not recommend this to anyone who is wanting to control the oil on their face because it does not work. Definitely a waste of money! Very disappointed.

on 8/7/2014 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Just for anyone wondering, yes, this stuff stings your eyes.

It also made my skin feel tight and dry (bad, bad, bad) yet shiny at the same time (even worse).

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin.

Popular Moisturizers