New York Color Pressed Translucent Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide

on 10/14/2013 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Such a great product! The 702A naturally beige shade is a bit light for me but fortunately, the colour doesn't show up very dramatically.
-great staying power
-personally I think the packaging is cute
-cheap
-a little goes a long way

on 10/13/2013 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I thought this was a good powder until it CRACKED completely in my makeup bag. Never buying this again. Thankfully, it was not expensive by any means, so I did not lose too much money.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Don't mind the cheap cost or the cheap packaging, THIS pressed powder has proven to be better for me than any other pressed powder I've used from any brand (which are a lot). It sets foundation super well, it does not add too much color, it looks fresh, and it helps control shine and oilyness throughout the day. Just pat it on gently and it will provide a nice matte finish to the skin.
Sidenote: It can be drying (like almost every pressed powder), so to prevent drawing attention to dry patches of skin, never forget the moisturizer.

on 8/15/2013 8:41:00 PM

This is AWESOME! The trick to translucent powder as others have said, is to press a VERY little but of powder onto the skin with the applicator as needed. Do not saturate the sponge and then wipe it across your face or it'll look ridiculous. I use this to set my foundation and to blot throughout the day as needed. It doesn't add any noticeable color and it doesn't oxidize at all. This is pretty much a dupe for any expensive blot powder be it MAC or Urban Decay (minus the lavender hue obvs) at literally next to nothing. I have "reactive" skin and this doesn't bother it. No cysts, doesn't cause more oil (like MAC Studio Fix) and doesn't seem to clog my pores. Overall I'm really impressed with this stuff. I would buy it again!

EDIT: Started to break me out... this usually happens with prolonged use of things I love... *sigh* It's still a three because I think it would be great for those without sensitive skin, I just won't repurchase myself.

on 7/25/2013 11:09:00 PM

Love this stuff! You can't beat the price, and the finish is great on my super white skin :) Even the lighest coloured pressed powders are almost always too dark for me.

on 7/22/2013 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

A few weeks ago I ran out of my favorite pressed powder, Mac Mineralized Finish. So I decided to use my moms, she is notorious for buying cheap makeup that makes her face look super cakey. Expecting the worst I tried it. It actually look pretty good on my skin. My mom also has very fair skin, while I have a natural tan, Luckily it is translucent. It kept me matte on my nose and worked well with my HG foundation, Revlon Color-stay. I have bought a pan of this and am very pleased, it is a GREAT price.In retrospect I'm glad I gave this product a chance.

on 4/19/2013 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I love this powder. Too often I've bought "translucent" powder and it goes on too chalky and light on my NC42 complexion. This one mattifies my oily skin and blends right in without making me pale. Plus it's so cheap! Love it!

on 4/13/2013 6:26:00 PM

For the price I love this stuff, staple product. Very light and natural.

on 3/2/2013 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This is hands down the WORST powder I've ever tried. I love the NYC loose translucent powder, but since the packaging of that one kinda sucks I decided to try the pressed form. I used it about 2 or 3 times and then woke up one morning with breakouts over my forehead and upper cheeks. Like others have said, it also made my foundation look really cakey despite the fact that I always only apply setting powder with a light hand. Also, the smell is awful. Despite it being brand new, it smelled expired. I cannot recommend staying away from this enough. Cheap or not, I still returned it.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I did not like this pressed powder, it made my make up look cakey every time.