MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light Plus

4.3

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was looking round for a setting powder for my foundation & had read such good things about this powder so i bit the bullet and forked out the money for it. Very disappointed. It is really cakey even if I only use a very small amount. It doesn't give a lasting matte finnish but as it's cakey you can't really layer it.

Total waste of money for me, it looks horrible on me. It drys my skin out horridly but doesn't seem to have any benefits in the way of setting or mattifying.

on 11/29/2013 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Love this. It gives decent coverage and a matte finish. Bought the light plus as I am pale but don't want to look ghostly. Worth the price.

on 11/6/2013 9:43:00 AM

I had such high hopes....but this was just an average powder which didn't even keep me semi-matte for an hour. I do think that a lot of MAC's loyal fans love it because it is MAC (and how could they do any wrong?) but to me this is unremarkable.

It doesn't clump over my foundation even when it is still wet, so that's something. I had bad luck with some of Mally's powders doing this (and I love a lot of Mally items) so I am pleased with MAC in this regard.

I got this in a swap and I am so glad that I didn't go out and buy this. The color is a perfect match for my NC15 skin though, and doesn't oxidize on me like some powders can. I have read that other reviews use this almost like a mineral foundation, buffing it into the skin rather than on top of a liquid foundation. I haven't tried it like this but perhaps this will work better for me. I will update when I have tried it. I probably still won't repurchase it though.

on 11/6/2013 7:30:00 AM

honestly, I don't get the hype. it's just a powder. it didn't make my skin look super duper prefect or airbrushed or anything. I used it alone with a flat top brush and Orr foundation and just wasn't really "wowed" like I expected to be. the color match was great for me and it didn't oxidize at all which was a plus, bit it would look a little weird on my oily spots as the day went on. I wouldn't repurchase. I don't know if this was causing my chin to clog or not, but I'll probably give it away.

EDIT: I went back to this, because it ate me up that I spent so much on something that was just sitting in my drawer. Bad mistake! One time, and it caused a cyst on my chin. I was just getting rid of three others, and then another one I get from this crap. I'm putting it in my Back2MAC and leaving it.

**If you have sensitive skin, I DO NOT recommend!

on 10/12/2013 8:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I absolutely love this product!

I use this by dabbing my MAC 129 and swirl it on my skin. I get as much coverage as I want since it is easily buildable.

It lasts all day, but the desired look is best kept if I wear a moisturizer underneath.

My new favourite powder (replacing Sensai Kanebo total finish).

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am so on the fence about this powder because it seems to have multiple personalities. Some days it goes on looking very cakey while other days, it applies and looks as smooth as silk. Some days it lasts for hours while other days, I'm blotting before noon. Some days it looks natural while other days, the disco-ball effect can be seen. And yes, this was applied over the same foundation (MAC Matchmaster).

I've honestly never seen a powder quite like this one.

I'll finish it out, but the inconsistency is leaning me towards not repurchasing. In addition, the package design is also a downer: no mirror and no applicator (or place to store an applicator).

on 9/13/2013 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm kinda pissed cos I am nc30 but the lady matched me to light plus, maybe the lighting... Really nice powder but not much coverage cos it's too light. Oh well. I'll definitely buy again but I'll get medium plus. Lesson learned and a really expensive lesson! ($48 in Singapore) Other than that, I highly recommend! If you need more coverage or if you have drier skin, i would go for the studio carablend as it feels more silky unlike this, more powdery. To take note, it isn't completely matte, it has tiny shimmers, not a lot, this makes it look really natural on your skin and and makes you glow almost! Beautiful finish! :) Lasts for 4 hours on me which is pretty good! FYI: I'm only oily round my nose and just a bit on my chin and forehead! A must have for me. First product I ever got from MAC ;)

on 8/6/2013 6:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

My search for the perfect pore-minimizing pressed powder continues, but I am pretty impressed with this stuff, which I received from a lovely swapper. It mattifies, but it also illuminates a bit (the minerals?) so if you are looking for a strictly mattifying powder without any reflective qualities I'd go for that "old faithful" Blot instead.
It has more coverage than I usually get, the color is impressively neutral--more yellow than pink, which I prefer in a powder--and I've noticed that I ALWAYS get compliments on my skin when I wear it. So either it's a great powder or people can just see that I'm wearing makeup and feel compelled to say something. Ha.
However, I must remove a lippie because there is no mirror or puff in the compact, which makes no sense! Powder is one of the few things that it's acceptable to touch up in public, and it's annoying to have to lug around another (first-world problems, but still!) and a brush.
Would probably not buy again (I wish you could do B2M for credit/other items than lipstick and eyeshadow) but would gladly swap for another so I could keep it in the arsenal. If I do buy a MAC powder it will probably be that the more basic and practical Blot.

At first, I was skeptical of this powder, because of it's high price tag. But, the more and more I used it, the more I enjoyed it and realized it was a very high quality product. It doesn't look cakey or powdery on my face, but yet it gives good coverage. I'm a little darker now, because of the summer but I find the product doesn't look different from my current foundation shade of skin type, it actually blends in quite nicely. Good product and will repurchase and try more MAC powders.

on 7/31/2013 11:24:00 AM

My all time favorite!!! I've already used up 3 of them. I have oily t zone and I use this to set my make up. It do help to hold ur make up.