Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50%, Octisalate 4.00%, Zinc Oxide 3.50%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titaniium Dioxide 1.1.0% water, dimethicone, butylene glycol, phenyl trimethicone, pentylene glycol, glyceryl stearate, behenyl alcofol, trioctyldodecyl citrate, polymethylsilsesquioxane, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, PEG-40 stearate, polyglyceryl -10 pentastearate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, Hordeum vulgare (barley extract), extract d'orge, Triticum Vulgare (wheat germm extract), Laminaria saccharina extract, Linoleic Acid, Oryzanol, cholesterol, caffeine, sucrose, glycerin, Polyquaternium-51, lecithin, Sodium stearoyl lactylate, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Sodium PCA, Isopropyl titanium triisostearate, Trehalose, urea, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Glycyrrhetinic acid, stearic acid, Aluminum hydroxide, silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica

on 4/17/2014 1:10:00 PM

I bought this with advice of my esthtician, who works at Sephora. I bought it, and have been impressed. I still use serum (presently a sample by Clinque) and moisturizer. BB Cream is more like a foundation lotion with SPF. It matches my skin really well. It has a slight opaque coverage and feels soft when I apply it.

As for anti aging, I'm not so sure about that. I use a moisturizer.

The packaging is fair. I had to cut the tube to get to the last of the lotion. I wish the amount in the tube is more visible. I did buy more cause I like how light it feels.

on 4/2/2014 7:56:00 AM

This is one of the best BB creams I have tried. I have acne scars, large pores and redness, as well as combination oily and dry patches. This cream evens everything out and surprisingly covers most of my blemishes, except for pimples, but that's what I expect from BB creams. I am usually a full coverage foundation girl, and I can get away with wearing just this cream, concealer and a finishing powder.

You definitely need to wear moisturizer under it because it is thick and matte, which may be a turn off for people who like an all purpose cream that doesn't require additional products. Despite the matte texture, it still gives my skin a luminous, natural look. It won't provide enough moisture to help dry skin, but it does make my skin feel soft and smooth. The benefit of the texture is that it stays on and controls oil throughout the day; it doesn't get streaky and greasy like many BBs I've tried.

The only major con is the shade selection. Shade 02 is too dark for me, but Shade 01 is extremely white. I chose the lightest shade because I wear powder over it and that warms up the color, but this cream will not transition to summer with me without making me look like a ghost.

I tried the 5 day sample of this and much prefer it for my skin type than their CC Cream.

It is slightly thicker and has a semi matte finish, it blends it very well and is buildable, I would say this was a light - moderate coverage. It doesn't completely control the shine but then I don't think any products do
It lasts for a good 6 - 8 hours and you can top up throughout the day. This BB Cream generally feels better on my skin than a foundation and makes my skin soft and hides some inperfections, still need to apply a bit of concealer to certain areas.

Colour range could be better as I am No.3 (which is a great match) and I consider my skin tone light-medium. the next and last shade is 4 which is for deeper tones but there doesn't seem to be an in between.

on 3/12/2014 6:59:00 AM

The BB Cream is too thick to be used on its own. It really is better to use a moisturizer prior to applying it. I'm not sure if I chose the right shade (No. 3) since it makes my face horribly white (I used to use Smashbox CC cream on fair to medium shade which really matches my complexion). For the good stuff, it's great that it's matte and it didn't break me out.

I think I'll go back to using Smashbox CC cream though it didn't really help with the correction of dark acne spots. But it really blends well, so.

on 3/1/2014 8:14:00 AM

I find this works so much better mixed with a moisturizer or liquid foundation. It is too thick to use on its own. I mix it with the Clinique moisturizer and it goes on well. Putting it on alone, it will feel like a mask and you have to pull and tug at your skin to get it to blend well. I like getting the benefits of the skin care, especially the SPF 30 without having to use a separate sunscreen. Overall, I give it a three because of how thick it is. I have used it for a while now (expensive but lasts forever because you don't need a lot) and my skin does actually look better (sans makeup). However, as another reviewer posted, it really doesn't add any "oompf" to my overall skin tone when applied. It is a bit dull.

on 12/13/2013 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

A saleswoman at Sephora suggested this BB cream to me after doing the Pantone skin tone match. I was a bit wary, having tried a few BB creams when they first started getting popular, and finding them all to be too dark for my skin. I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I haven't worn Clinique makeup since high school, so I don't have any of their other products to compare it to, but the texture of the cream was lovely and goes on very smoothly with my fingers. It blends well and gives me enough coverage to wear this to work, but doesn't make me look caked-on or like I'm wearing clubbing makeup in the middle of the day.

I have mild rosesca on my cheeks and this does a pretty good job of reducing that redness to a natural looking (as opposed to overwhelming) blush. Thus far it hasn't broken me out, and although this has SPF in it (which I appreciate), I still put on my usual SPF as a primer layer.

on 12/11/2013 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

love this bb cream, i havean acne prone skin and this is so far not break me out and it cover anything even my dark circle under my eyes and with this bb cream no concealer needed, but one thing i hate about this bb cream is the color!! they just have 1 color and its too light for my medium skin tone

on 10/17/2013 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

As was to be expected from Clinique, this product delivers. I have oily skin and its mattifying properties are quite good. It gives good coverage and shade 1 is pale enough for my fair skin (pink undertones). However, I do not like the texture of the cream which is thick and heavy. It is best applied with your fingers, it did not apply well with the beauty blender. Furthermore, the fairest shade is quite dull, i find this to be a typical issue with Clinique foundations, they make my complexion dull and a tiny grey. To be honest, I find it a boring product, with boring packaging . I have the Diorskin Nude BB cream which has a lighter texture and gives a rosier and brighter and more natural look. I much prefer this one over Clinique's.

on 9/29/2013 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is not a bad product - just not for me. Let me just add that I usually use tinted moisturizers b/c foundations are too heavy for me. BB creams seem to vary, depending on the brand (and country), from light coverage to heavy duty. This product falls into the latter group.

I tried this in shade 2 which was a tad too light for my light asian skin. No matter how little I used, it felt like I was wearing a mask. I even tried mixing the bb cream with my moisturizer and it still felt too heavy and matte for my taste. I accidentally fell asleep without removing my mu and this was still perfectly in place when I woke up the next morning.

These might be pros to someone who likes heavy-coverage, matte foundations that don't budge. In fact, I gave it to my mom and she loved it!

on 9/28/2013 6:10:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I've never used a BB Cream until now and I never saw the point before. I had tried a few samples of different brands and thought, what do I need a tinted moisturizer for? I'm 45 and need more coverage (and a better quality moisturizer) than that, and I already use a primer that I like (shout out to Laura Mercier Oil Free, y'all), so I didn't see the need.

But I read somewhere that it was a much-beloved product, especially among people who normally don't "get" BB Creams, like myself. Boots has stopped making my favorite foundation and I've been flailing, looking for my new HG. I'm not sure if this is it yet...I've been using it for about 2 weeks, but so far I like it a lot. I wanted to find something with 30 SPF, which this has. It has NO sunscreen smell, which is amazing! The smell of sunscreen on my face is what makes me skip sunscreen some days! It is thicker then most BBs, but it blends easily and doesn't feel heavy. It has a very nice finish and the color doesn't turn (and that's a problem I have had with Clinique foundations...not a fan). I'm a fair-skinned redhead and I bought Shade 2 online, and it is the perfect color for my skin, at least at this time of year when I'm not mid-winter pale. I may need Shade 1 in the winter but I will look in the store at the shades to get a better idea. Shade 1 looked very pinky in online swatches.

Anyway, so far so good. The coverage is more foundation-like than other BBs. I have been wearing it with concealer and powder, as a foundation. I thought it was pricey when I bought it, but it seems more reasonable now because it feels like skincare *and* makeup, and I'm no longer feeling guilty about skipping the sunscreen.