MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (Pressed)

Mica, Silica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Zinc Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Synthetic Wax, Calcium Silicate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Acetate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-1, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 42090/Blue 1 Lake, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 15850/Red 6 Lake, CI 15850/Red 7 Lake, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 19140/Yellow 5 Lake, CI 15985/Yellow 6 Lake)

on 2/19/2014 9:45:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

LOVE THIS! I'm very pale with weird undertones I have issues with finding nice colored powder so I tend to stick to the translucant. This sets my foundation and under eye concealer perfectly, stays, and has a really nice "soft" looking finish. There is no cakey powdery look. I will allwaayysss repurchase this! (AND THE PACKAGING IS SUPER CUTE! It's got little glitters in it)

on 2/10/2014 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I wanted a light, transparent powder to go on top of my Studio Gear Mineral Foundation....I like more natural products for my sensitive, acne prone skin....unfortunately, all the organic and natural products I've tried so far have oxidized horrendously. I decided to pull out my MAC Prep + Prime that I had purchased a while ago...powder perfection! No oxidization, no cakey mess...this controls oil pretty well too...I'll maybe have to blot once during the day. No breakouts either. Woot!

on 12/4/2013 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I typically stick with silica powder. I was given a good sum of money to spend at MAC so I grabbed this. I thought it'd be good for touch ups on the go. I have had this for a while and still haven't attempted to use it for that (why I have no idea).

I initially did not like this and had rated it a 1. As an over all setting powder it's just okay. It will set your foundation without caking but there is no oil control nor does it help extend the time your foundation stays on your face.

The other reason I raised my overall rating with this is that it is FANTASTIC for setting concealer. Most powders cause my concealer to cake and this does not!

12/28/13 update: This is a nice finishing powder but unlike silica or other setting powders it does not keep the foundation or concealer on. This also does not help with oil or shine. I'm giving it a 3 because someone could like it but it's not what I want/need. It'll get used up but I won't repurchase.

on 11/17/2013 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm a tad disappointed... It's just an ok product. I feel like the texture is on the dry side, the staying power is not good and my t-zone is oily after noon. However the packaging is very sleek and nice.

on 11/1/2013 3:14:00 AM

I love this as a compact finisher.

I'm glad I got this pressed instead of loose as I like to apply during the day so it's handy.

One problem I noticed is there is no sponge like the other mac products.

The lasting power is great and it leaves my skin smooth and matte

on 9/23/2013 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I never tried the loose version (too messy for me) but have read so many positive reviews about it. Of course I had to try the pressed version.
Well, I'm a bit underwhelmed.
First of all there's no applicator. I get it, this one would not look good applied with anything than a fluffy kabuki or face powder brush.
The texture is a bit dry but I guess it prevents from picking too much at once. It gives a quite natural and pretty finish but I don't think it really controls oil. Also I have to be very careful and use less than I would normally use with another powder or it will end up caked around my nose.
You get half the amount of Blot powder for nearly the same price.
Won't repurchase.

on 4/14/2013 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Doesn't do much for me to be honest. Its just like other pressed powders with no extra staying powder. I also find that it leaves a white grayish cast on my face if I apply too much after blotting which kinda sucks.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I did not like this product. I applied it after my foundation to set it. If you need to touch anything up on your face it gets all clumpy and cakey from the powder. would not buy again.

A great mobile alternative to the loose power. If you can afford buying both, get both. I would not recommend the pressed formulation to be used at home. Loose power is better in the sense of working: it provides a thin coverage which is completely unseen. Pressed is good for it is handy to keep in a purse.
+: Works really well to take away and control shine, the packaging has a mirror, no white color is transferred, absolutely transparent finish, no reaction observed.
-: You will have to buy an additional applicator to apply it. I use baby kabuki from Bare Minerals slightly dabbing the product in.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is a great setting powder. It does not control oil as well as MAC's Blot pressed powder, but that stuff looked so cakey sitting on top of foundation. This goes on like a sophisticated powder should - invisible, matte,giving that slightly diffused and brightened look to the skin. Great product. Only would give it 5 lippies if it controlled oil the same way Blot does.