Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared Waterproof

3.7

on 7/13/2014 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This one of my favorite mascaras (other favorites are define-a-lash & colossal) I have straight lashes that are about average length and volume. This mascara holds a curl and gives pretty good length and volume. After 2 coats, it starts to get a little clumpy and spidery. This mascara does give the flared look it claims. You just have to put on the mascara starting on the outer lashes until it is long and thick to your liking and then put on mascara to the rest of the lashes. Tip: Don't wait for the mascara to dry if you want to add more coats & use a lash comb/mascara that separates very well if lashes get clumpy ( I use define-a-lash) The formula is not too wet or dry which I like and this mascara goes off easy with makeup remover or baby oil. The only reasons why I rate this 4/5 is because it clumps a little bit and I would like it to make my lashes a bit more long but I would recommend this to a friend and will repurchase!

on 6/13/2014 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I love this mascara it doesnt clump , it makes my eye lashes look fuller ! And it doesnt smear and sometimes i have people ask me if i am wearing fake eyelashes when i use it . It is my all time favorite and it is really cheap !

on 6/2/2014 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This mascara has exactly what I'm looking for. I love it.

Pros:
- Holds curl well
- Wet but not very wet formula, so does not smudge during application and dries quickly
- Relatively easy to get product onto lashes, does not clump after 2 coats
- Normal bristle brush, tapered
- Nice bold, black color (blackest shade)
- No noticeable or unpleasant scent
- Waterproof
- Most importantly: no hint of raccoon eyes at the end of the day! Even WP mascaras can microflake on me and end up with some smudging under eyes, and it's a pain to wipe off in the middle of day because its WP - this one doesn't do that. Score!!

Cons:
- Rather difficult to remove even with makeup remover, but that doesn't bother me since it's WP
- More than 2 coats can get dicey with spidery clumping
- Not particularly lengthening
- Brush is very light but what bothers me is that the brush head is on a bendable shaft, which makes it difficult to force through my lashes. It takes a little more work than one with a firm shaft.

on 5/6/2014 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Normally I wear Lancôme's mascaras but in a pinch I needed mascara and couldn't get to the department store. I tried this mascara out and actually was pretty impressed for $8. You definitely need to use numerous coats of this to get the falsies effect but it did make my lashes appear longer.

I have been looking for a mascara that I can wear when I workout. I don't wear makeup but I would like to look decent. I've tried DS and NONDS brands and I always land up looking like a raccoon.
I tried this one on a recommendation from a friend and I liked it. It stayed on all day even after my workout and did not smudge much at all. So far a keeper.

on 4/20/2014 6:29:00 PM

I had heard lots of good things about the Maybelline Falsies (waterproof) from youtubers of Asian descent, so I was excited to try this mascara. It looks great on my lashes but the bottom line is that it flakes on me with flakes all over under my eyes by the end of the day. The "spoon"-shaped brush is pretty big, but I reallly liked the way the formula went on and adhered to my lashes. The big brush did not make it easy to get the mascara onto my tiny lower lashes. I got some mascara on to my lower lashes by taking a smaller mascara wand (clinique bottom lash mascara wand) to the Falsies wand which has a ton of excess mascara on it. Doing that worked pretty well. The overall look was great although with a 2nd coat my lashes can get a little clumpy. The clumps can be removed by brushing through with a spoolie, but this causes tugging on my lashes and flakes being strewn all over in front of me. In the end, I won't be using this mascara because the flakes really irritate my eyes.

on 3/7/2014 10:44:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really liked this mascara. It does what it says it will do. The packaging is great. I won't buy this again, though. I've been using a much cheaper brand that works just as good...so why pay more.

on 2/27/2014 2:12:00 PM

Basically my go-to drugstore mascara.

I really love the Colossal edition as well so I go back an forth between these two.
The formula is very thickening and lengthening in just two coats. Very dramatic and doesn't clump at all on me.

Wet and goopy like all Maybelline mascaras so leave is uncapped overnight for the perfect consistency :)

on 2/26/2014 6:02:00 PM

I really love this drugstore mascara--if I can't afford Dior Diorshow or Benefit's They're Real, Maybelline's The Falsies Flared Waterproof is my go-to. I have long, straight lashes and after I curl and apply this mascara, the curl stays, volumnizes, as well as lengthens my lashes. It does exactly what it advertises. It does get a little messy as I think they could do something more with the mascara stopper...

on 2/12/2014 9:49:00 PM

~$8 USD at drugstore. Formula-wise, this is pretty similar to the Maybelline Lash Stylist (discontinued and which I'm trying to find replacement for), but I really hate the brush. As others have noted, this is probably one of the thickest formula available among Maybelline's current line up of products and will add volume and holds a curl very well. However, it didn't add length to my short, straight, sparse Asian lashes when I put it on with the curved wand. I found the wand very difficult to use as it's a bit too flexible, the bent ends really didn't get into the corners of my eyes, and the bristles created clumpy-looking mess. My lashes just seem to work better with stiffer, comb-type applicator; when I put this on with one of my old Lash Stylist applicators that I'd saved, it worked out much better. The wand that comes with the tube just doesn't distribute the product evenly enough. So, bottom line, I don't hate it but it's not something that wows me either.

Popular Mascaras