Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface

4.3

on 5/14/2014 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really love the color of this blush. But I find with a lot of tarte products they tend to look powdery and cakey. This does not last very long on my skin either, like maybe 2 hours max. And I don't bring make up with me so I'd rather have something that lasted at least 6 hours. My MAC blushes definitely have more staying power. Packaging is cute. Comes with a mirror that I pretty much never use. I will finish up this blush and probably will not be repurchasing any more.

on 5/2/2014 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The color is well pigmented. It went on smooth, no streaks, but didn't last all day....at first. It was very easy to blend and made my contouring look great. This blush grew on me. At first, I was not at all impressed, but I have continued to use it along with my other blush and this one is much easier to apply. It looks much softer and smoother. Plus, it doesn't enlarge my pores like some others do. I like the color (dollface) a lot, the application, and consistency. The only reason I won't buy it (had a sample) is because of it's price!

on 4/16/2014 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was the first Tarte blush I ever bought and I love it. It's a light pink and matte. I normally like more satin blushes, but a lot of times when I don't want anything that looks like I am wearing makeup, I grab this.

It just gives me a natural flush that looks like my own blush and I get compliments. people think I have nice skin. Which I do, but this helps a lot! Whenever I want to add some shimmer i just add a highlighter on top.

Very versatile shade and one blush I can't go without.

on 4/10/2014 7:15:00 AM

I was desperate to jump on the Tarte blush bandwagon and had eyed up about 4 colours I "needed' to have, but there actually must have been a blue moon that day as I only sensibly (make-up and sensibly don't go together) bought one - Dollface.

Miss Dollface does last all day I'll give her that, she goes on nicely without kicking up a fuss, applies beautifully with a stipple brush and a light hand - emphasis on the light hand! Getting too carried away and Miss Dollface morphs into Clown face prettty quickly. This is a matte blush so I always feel the need for some highlight to add some va-voom.

However as I lack in the sleep department and need something a little more glowy to make me look alive in the morning I don't tend to reach for this blush much at all, I find the formula and the packaging a bit boring.

I am glad I bought Dollface to get the Tarte blush lemming out of my system but won't be buying anymore. Wow I feel like I'm saving money already :) I will continue to use this blush on and off and experiment with different highlighters over top.

on 3/18/2014 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not my favorite. It's described as a light pink, and I think that's accurate and the color, texture, payoff and staying power are all fine, but I just don't feel as if this shade awakens my complexion like others. It reminds me of NARS Desire and I feel the same way about that shade. At least the price of these isn't as offensive as NARS.

on 1/15/2014 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This blush works well on my pale skin. I find it to be long lasting & very pigmented.

on 1/5/2014 6:39:00 PM

This has been my go to blush lately. It goes with most looks and looks lovely on the skin. I have used it a lot yet barely made a dent in the product. Lasting power seems ok no worse or better then other high end blushes. It is pricey but it's gonna last you a long time so it's worth it.
This colour would look nice on most skin tones because it's very buildable. I am nw13 so I apply it lightly.
Best way I apply it is with my sigma f40 large contour brush (best blush brush ever)
It lost a point cause I find that it's hard to open. I usually have to use a clip to pop it open. In my oppinion a $32 blush should be easy to use. I expect that from my $1 ELF blushes not from my tarte ones.

on 12/12/2013 3:06:00 PM

Dollface is a soft pink blush. i got it to replace my mata hari NARS. i'm trying to detoxify my makeup bag of parabens, etc. it is the perfect pink for my NC 20-25 skin. i have neutral to yellow undertones and it does not wash me out. it comes in a round plastic pink compact. it is not as deep or pigmented as the other tarte blushes, but for me that's why it a pretty soft pink color.

on 12/1/2013 1:31:00 AM

This is one of my favorite blushes. Gives a perfect flush, and you only need a couple of swirls and your good for both cheeks! Love this brand, and their blushes

on 11/22/2013 3:58:00 PM

This is one of my favorite pink blushes right now. It would be my fave if it really wore for twelve hours and not the average six. The color is pretty and flatters my NC20 skin really well. I do wish it was cheaper though.