Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Try as I might not to, I love this foundation.

Originally, I had gone to a Chanel counter - BR12 was too dark and far too pink. Maybe they didn't have it in stock, but I finally bit the bullett and bought B10 (Beige 10) unswatched and CDG Duty Free. A real risk, but I'm glad I did.

Tone-wise, it has enough yellow in it for me, to counteract some surface redness, but VA is definitely not as overwhelmingly golden as I found Teint Innocence in the lightest shade to be. Coverage wise, it is buildable to medium coverage, but I do feel like you have to use more product than other similar foundations. I still will need concealer for any blemishes and undereyes, though. I like application best with fingers; I find it harder to control with a beautyblender, blending sponge from Quo, a Real Techniques buffing brush or Sephora 55. I also generally set this with my Bourjois Loose Powder or with the Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre; both are equally effective and interchangeable for me. Wear time is average for me - 6 hours, maybe 7 max before it starts to break down.

I also have drier skin (normal to dry, quite sensitive) but find it doesn't dry me out further or cause any irritation. I don't really notice a fragrance either when applying or when actually wearing. I like this best over a no-frills moisturiser like Cetaphil, and a pore refiner on my nose; I find it blends better that way as opposed to using over a silicone-heavy primer. I will certainly repurchase once I finish my current bottle; though Bobbi Brown Skin still has my heart as HG status. Great foundation if you want something lightweight, with decent coverage and you're not used to the feeling of foundation or makeup.

on 4/18/2015 8:15:00 AM

I love and hate it at the same time!

Why?

Loved the texture, the smell, the shade, the light-weightes feeling and satin finish. feels like a second skin.

Hated: stickst to the dry areas, perfect only if you have perfect skin and want to even out your skin tone, really expensive, plastic bottle (not very fancy looking for the price), which you have to shake really well to combine the texture.

So - If you have a normal (not dry, not oily) skin this is a perfect match for you, literally perfect.

Since I have the pleasure to have such weird skin (dry in T zone, acne prone on my cheeks), this product was not meant to be for me.

Would love to love it :D but no I probably will not repurchase.

on 4/4/2015 6:31:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Lightweight, natural looking, medium coverage, dewy finish. Shade 10 beige is neutral light, not orange, nor pink. It's not spectacular at keeping oil at bay - 4 hours max. Maybe I wouldn't repurchase, but 10 beige is matching my skintone better than any other foundation so far, so I probably will. It's not great, it's not HG, but it's soild product.

on 3/25/2015 12:41:00 AM

I tried a sample of this and within a day my whole face broke out in a rash, which has never happened to me from make up before. Other than the rash, the coverage was a nice medium and gave a slightly dewey finish.

I didn't buy this foundation, but I got a sample and wore it for several days. It's an awesome light coverage foundation--it evens skin tone and makes my skin look luminous (without being glittery or sparkly at all). However, I ended up not buying it because it didn't do anything to minimize my pores.

I wish they had a wide range of colors--the lightest is I think a little too dark for me, and the darkest shades are barely dark at all.

on 3/22/2015 12:58:00 PM

I got this on advice of a salesrepresentative at the Chanel counter. I never go a tint darker or lighter than my actual skintone, and she advised the colour #12 Beige Rose.

This is the perfect, sheer - whilst giving enough coverage - subtle foundation there is at the moment for me. It is a bit watery, but the right amount.
It applies very well with the right brush which makes it easy to use this as an every day foundation. Only need a few droplets on the forehead, both cheeks, and on your chin - voilá you're done.

Would love to see this in a transparent packaging so I can see when it's finished but that goes with a lot of Chanel products.

Coverage 7.5/10
Smell 8/10
Packaging 7/10
Range of colours 8/10
Texture 10/10

on 3/14/2015 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Had high hopes and they came crashing down on me minus 45 bucks :( Wish I had stuck with my Missha, which is far more superior than this. First couple of times was vowed, then the rash started. Now I am stuck with this, used it 5 times max..frick!!!

on 3/14/2015 5:01:00 PM

Probably the worst foundation I've ever used. I was excited to try this after reading great reviews, but even when layered over the Chanel primer, this did not last more than a couple of hours and made my normally matte looking skin soo oily and greasy. I'm returning this, for the price point you can get much better foundation.

on 3/8/2015 3:06:00 PM

This is my favorite light coverage foundation by far and I've tried dozens. I wear shade br 12 which is perfect for my fair cool toned skin. I have combination skin and this doesn't emphasize dry spots or make my skin oilier. It looks very natural on. The only negative is the price.

on 3/7/2015 1:13:00 PM

I went to Nordstrom and was color matched to B20. Vitalumiere Aqua is a great everday foundation with light to medium coverage. It is natural looking, so it is not obvious that I am wearing foundation. I still use separate concealers for spot and under eye coverage. I typically just use my fingers to apply this foundation, but sometimes I will take the time to use a beauty blender or the Real Techniques expert face brush.

This is a very beautiful foundation, and I will continue to repurchase it.