Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle 05

4.3

The formula is absolutely wonderful. It doesn't dry your lips, your lips look healthy without lines.

All the MAC lipsticks I own (they are my stable, what I usually wear) dry my lips more or less, therefore, I always walk around with lines on my lips like an old lady. So when I actually see how Chanel Rouge Coco lipstick make my lips look smooth without lines, I am shocked no lines showing on the lips can actually be done. That's so weird...I am not used to this.

The only thing that I am not fond of is the price, of course. If it were a tad cheaper, I would collect many Chanel Rouge Coco lipsticks. Now I can only be selective in colors.

The staying power is great. It stays 4 hours until I start eating snacks or full meal again. Hehe...

Color Mademoiselle 05 is a very classic color. It's soft and classy. It doesn't wow you or give you the Bang! But it's very subtle, flattering, and pretty. It is not too subtle like nude colors, it has enough pigment to brighten you face and you don't need full face makeup or heavy eye makeup to match your lips like what you would do when you wear nude lipsticks.

I will definitely keep buying it. This is the lipstick for all occasion. I love it. You can wear it to board meetings, crazy parties, school, or just stores. It's amazing.

on 10/2/2013 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

If you are interested in this because of online swatches or how it looks on other people, I feel you need to check this color out for yourself because in real life I found the color totally different on me and unique to my lipstick stash. It is what I would call a truely full coverage lipstick. The Chanel lady insisted it was pink but I am a pink/berry/red lippie kind of girl, and this is not a cool tone, yet it is not completely warm either. There is certainly some brown or yellow in it. Anyway! On me, it leans more coral than pink. I love the color. It is not completely matte but it's not shimmery. Somehow it gives lips some serious depth. It is a heavier creamy consistency, but not especially hydrating either. I don't like the heavy feel of it and I don;t like the fact that it almost enhances too many lines. But then again I am overly critical of myself. I enjoy using lipbrushes to sheer and define but this one still just manages to feel moist but drying if that makes any sense. It wears well and for a good half day without eating or drinking and it wears down evenly, a big plus. Really nice lipstick. 4/5 rating points.

on 10/1/2013 12:42:00 AM

This was a gift from a friend and I'm surprised to see that the shade suits me very well. The formula is somewhere in between matte and a moisturizing lipstick. I sometimes wear it alone without wearing a lip balm and it doesn't dry out my lips. It's a very wearable shade as well.

on 9/21/2013 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Classic no nonsense shade that is great for everyday office wear. I love that this pink has a beige tint to it which doesn't make it pop too much and just gives that understated pretty pink look. I typically reapply this lipstick about 3-4x a day. A must have for girls that love classic and natural makeup looks.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

classy shade, but has no staying power.

on 8/23/2013 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a colour which really does look different on everyone, it's amazing. On me, it is a medium, natural looking rosy pink shade, which has a touch of orange. Definitely not an orange lippie though, still definitely in the pink range. I originally ignored this, thinking it was an overrated shade, but there is something unique about it. Maybe it is entirely psychological. Anyway, it has a lovely creamy formula which glides on, is hydrating and has decent lasting power. Coverage is medium, which I guess allows some of your natural lip shade to mingle with it. I still think this shade is overrated, but it is still very pretty and can be worn for both daily and more formal occasions. I like it a fair bit and wear if often, but I don't think I will repurchase.

on 8/1/2013 10:49:00 AM

Rouge Coco is now my go to lipstick! It classy and wearable for everyone!

on 6/16/2013 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The color is just amazing, I couldn't love it more. It's a rose/coral tone with just a little bit of brown. On me, it looks just like it does in the add.
If I wear it as a lip stain, it will look very delicate, natural and polished. An English rose look, as another reviewer said. Worn as a lipstick, it's sophisticated, classy.
It doesn't make my lips dry and it's quite comfortable to wear. However, it completely disappears from my lips in a VERY short time! I'd say one hour maximum and it's gone. Even if I had paid less than half of the price, I'd expect more. For a 25 euro lipstick, the quality is plain bad. I only don't say that it's disappointing because I tried it at the shop before I bought it, so I knew what I was paying for, and decided to buy it anyway because of the color. And I must say that all the other Chanel lipsticks I've tried so far have this problem".
Yes, I'd buy "Mademoiselle" again. Because of the color only. If I could find an identical cheaper dupe for it, I wouldn't think twice, though.

on 5/29/2013 11:42:00 PM

Out of this world! Even after hours of wearing it you will still have a beautiful stain on your lips. Super natural color.

on 5/29/2013 12:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is definitely my HG lipstick. On my lips, which are naturally quite pigmented, it shows up as a beautiful rosy color. It compliments my yellowish complection so well. It just make my face glow; I look healthy and pulled together.

The formulation is superb. It's long lasting but not drying, and it's a unique satin finish that's just beautiful.
I hope they never, ever discontinue this product.

Popular Lipsticks