Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous Waterproof

3.8

on 4/5/2013 6:54:00 PM

This is my go-to mascara. I honestly don't look for volume in a mascara, so I can't speak to that; I look for waterproof-ness, non-flaking, and length. This product gives me all 3 - I can literally take a dip in a pool and come out with mascara intact, which is nice.

on 2/4/2013 12:09:00 AM

This mascara is really good- it's a wet, shiny formula. I normally don't like that, but since this is wateproof, it dries nicely and holds a curl AWESOMELY. I love the curve in the brush. I would've given 5 lippies but after about 4+ hours, if you put too much on at the first apply, it will give off spidery/very dry looking lashes. And it doesn't work well if you let dry between coats. Otherwise, it gives amazing volume and length!! Would definately reccomend.

on 1/10/2013 4:57:00 PM

Volume...seriously? This gave me skinny anorexic lashes. Yes, they were long, but they didn't keep a nice shape, didn't look strong and weren't even as long & strong as the regular Lash Stiletto. Fail for me. I still prefer CG Lash Blast (orange tube).

on 12/28/2012 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite mascara. Doesn't clump, doesn't flake in cold weather (an absolute must for us Canadian girls!). Definitely waterproof, removable only with eye make-up remover. As a contact lens wearer, it doesn't irritate my eyes, makes my lashes look both fuller and longer. I used to be a big fan of Max Factor but it's unavailable in Canada, and this product is an excellent stand-in.
As an athlete I appreciate the staying power when I'm on the court, and it looks natural while giving nice length and definition.

on 12/10/2012 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

One of my go to mascaras! I have straight, thin lashes so I have to use waterproof if I ever want some curls in my lashes. I have to curl with eyelash curler and then apply this. Waterproof mascaras, no matter what, will flake so i like to coat it with a non waterproof mascara. Unlike other waterproof mascaras, I can layer mascaras because it dries fast, apply thinly without clumps, and just looks great. I'm not a fan of big bold lashes, so this mascara is perfect. I like the natural, but chic look :)

on 12/6/2012 10:56:00 AM

This is currently tied with Falsies (waterproof) for my favourite mascara. The brush is great, because it's fine-bristled and narrow, so I can get mascara get every lash in a way that I just can't with the huge brushes other brands are using.

Stiletto is a much more flexible, versatile product than Falsies. It's a wetter formula, which means smoother application much less prone to any clumping. I haven't needed a lash comb or separating brush AT ALL with Stiletto -- it's as if the lashes just spring apart, and because the product takes a little while to dry, additional coats don't grab on in a chunky way.

As a trade-off, it's not as volumizing... but you can apply many, MANY (many!!) coats smoothly. It never gets to insanely dramatic levels of volume, but it looks amazing even close up, unlike most volumizing formulas. So it just depends on the look I want.

On using the S-curved brush: I start out with the concave portion on my inner & middle lashes, to encourage curl in the centre. Then I flip it over so that the outside lashes get a dose of concave brush, which keeps them from drooping. Alternating like that is pretty much second nature when you're applying multiple coats (which I always do), so it's fine. You'll see what works best for your eye shape & the look you prefer.

on 11/26/2012 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

First off I realize that waterproof mascaras don't thicken or lengthen like non-waterprooof formulas. But this one preforms worse than most. It barely gives any thickness and the odd shaped brush does nothing to help lengthen or declump lashes.

After seeing a positive review on Beautipedia.com I expected much more from this mascara. That review said this mascara thickens more than most waterproof formulas. That is completely *not* what I experienced. I need something that lengthens and holds a curl now that my lashes have started to seem thin and sparse. This mascara did nothing except leave my lashes darker and very stiff feeling.

Not worth the money even though it is a drug store product.

on 10/6/2012 7:17:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I'll start out by saying, so far I really LOVE this mascara. I just bought my first tube, and I think the consistency is great. I noticed other reviews complaining it was too dry, but I don't have that problem...I guess try to buy it from a store that sells make-up quickly so it's not sitting around? My tube's only been open a few days but I feel it's perfect, not too dry and not too wet. Anyway...It REALLY added noticeable length to my lashes. It also added a decent amount of volume. I used about 2 or 3 layers, and that was enough for me. If you go overboard and use a million layers your lashes might clump a little but that happens with any mascara. Until now the only Maybelline mascara I really used was Falsies. This is the first Maybelline mascara I've used in a while that I actually liked anywhere near as much as Falsies.

on 8/16/2012 12:29:00 AM

Let me start off by saying I really like Lancôme, maybelline and benefit mascaras. Just to give you an idea of what works for me. This is an absolute keeper. This has the brush of lancome hypnose drama, the lengthening of illegal lengths or definicils, and the darkness of falsies. I've been loving falsies for my daily mascara for quite some time but it's definitely too time consuming to achieve the look I want while I'm on the go on my lazy days.. And I don't really like to use 26 dollar mascara (my HG Lancôme) just to do my errands and grocery shopping. So I go to pick up some drugstore mascaras as an alternative to falsies (which will still continue to stay in my rotation). I grabbed a few and wore each for a few days for the past week. And this, my ladies, is absolutely one of the best mascaras I've ever used. It is so easy to apply to get sky high lashes, two or three quick coats and my eyelashes reach my brow bone. It did not clump whatsoever, it held my curl for hours, and it's quite black, which is a requirement for my light colored lashes. My bf did not stop making comments on how amazing my eyelashes looked today. This is awesome stuff. Oh, and if you use falsies, or other waterproof mascaras, this is no less or no more difficult to remove. This is more lengthening than volumizing, but I think the perfect combination of both. Will buy this over and over again and I recommend everyone to try this at least once.
EDIT EDIT EDIT! OMG this has become my HG, I haven't reached for any of my expensive mascaras since buying this. It is A-MAZ-ING!!! I will never buy falsies again, and I will definitely not buy Lancôme again, this will be my day n night mascara, everyday.. Forever. Maybe id buy a buxom again in the future, but thats it!! This better not ever be discontinued or else I'm going to have to buy a few boxes.

on 8/5/2012 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first waterproof mascara I had ever bought and it DIDN'Tdisappoint! It really helped to elongate my lashes and helped with making them look a lot fuller. the only downside is that you have to be pretty patient with it or it will clump some of your lashes together. Overall it was pretty good experience. I think I bought it for around $8 which wasnt too bad. I would definitely reccomend this to anyone who wants a fake lashes look with a mascara!

Popular Mascaras