Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse

3.3

Ingredients for MAYBELLINE DREAM LIQUID MOUSSE FOUNDATION: Water (Aqua), Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, PEG 9, Aluminum Hydroxide, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 3/4/2015 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Purchased shades - Colour 3 and colour 3.5

I am a olive skin toned person with yellow undertones, however i strongly dislike my yellow undertones. I am currently very fair thanks to 6 months of winter. colour 3 has more pink undertones while colour 3.5 is more yellow. i had to purchase the 2 shades to mix to my current skin as the 3.5 was too yellow or just too dark. the 3.5 should be fine for fall or spring when i get a little more sun. I have normal skin with some dry patches and the random pimple. overall i have very good skin. my skin is aging a bit and my pores are becoming a bit larger and my skin is getting duller. I was looking for something to give me light coverage and a glow or just some colour because im so pale. if you have acne and want to cover that, this product is not for you.

Pro
- does not emphasize my pores or dry spots. this is reduced when worn with a primer.
- coverage is light and buildable to medium
- wide shade range with a variety of undertones. there something for everyone.
- does not feel too greasy on the skin, when you touch your face you can feel you have something on but its not bothersome.
-dries fast and easy to apply & use
- product does give some glow or colour. when paired with an illumizer or illuminating powder, even better results.
-when wearing light coverage, it feels like your skin, good for a natural look.
- a little product goes a long way.
- no breakouts (my skin is senstitive)

Con
- this is not going to last all day and night. good for the day but after a few hours, i feel it has worn off some bit. BUT, only i would know, strangers would have no idea. i have not tried it with a setting powder or mist.

Im actually struggiling to think of more cons as nothing else comes to mind. full price this is 10-15$, i would only buy it on sale because i feel its not worth that kinda money. but i also could be just cheap.

despite my lack of cons, i think im better off just sticking to the maybelline dream fresh 8 in 1 bb cream. nothing really draws me to the product, nothing really pushes me away. i find it has better coverage then the bb cream but performs like the bb cream. its just average, im not blown away.

on 3/1/2015 11:22:00 AM

Ok this reallu is a dream to apply and wear through out the day. Why you ask, well first of all it glides on with fluid perfection not un like my other fave Covergirl Tru Blend, then hurray you set it with powder and it looks flawless till the end of the day.

on 2/14/2015 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

If looking for a light to medium coverage foundation, this is a supierior affordable option.
I have mostly clear skin with the occasional breakout. I can apply a thin layer of this foundation and it covers minor redness and blemishes while creating a smoother appearance. If there is anything left that needs to be covered, I will use some concealer. I look for this in a foundation. I do not want a cake face, just a skin-like layer to blur everything. It "airbrushes" just like the name says. I like to rely on concealer for anything major to avoid said cake face anyway.
The pump is easy to use without any mess, and it locks back into place. It's a creamy liquid that blends seamlessly upon contact with skin. It blends to a velvet finish that neither hydrates nor drys out my skin.
Hands down one of the best drugstore foundations.

on 2/14/2015 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This foundation makes my face look like I am having a really bad skin day. It doesn't cover any imperfection and an hour later it looks like I never had any makeup on and my face looks greasy like if I had just finished working out on a very hot and humid day.

If you want a good drugstore foundation that covers imperfections and lasts hours, buy the Maybelline 24 hour Superstay foundation or the Revlon Colorstay foundation.

on 2/14/2015 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is my go-to foundation and actually the first foundation I ever tried when I started wearing makeup (got lucky there I guess!). I haven't found another foundation as good and I have gone everything from cover girl to Chanel! it is not too liquidy or thick (just right) and gives light to medium coverage. this is perfect for me because I don't like heavy, sticky, thick foundations that keep your skin from breathing. I have oily skin and this doesn't clog my pores. the bottle pump is a breeze to use and much cleaner/more efficient than pouring out the foundation like I've had to do before. it typically lasts around 5-6 hours depending on what you're doing, which is just about average for a good drugstore foundation. it truly gives an airbrushed finish! the only gripe I have is that the line doesn't have a very large variety of shades, although this isn't really a problem for me because natural beige is exactly my color :) 5 lippies from me!

on 2/11/2015 5:16:00 PM

It's very light and easy to blend.

on 2/4/2015 1:35:00 AM

Stay away if you have fine lines under eyes/ running from nose to mouth. It dries too matte and will exaggerate those lines. Not too effective in covering pores either ( guess this is without silicone). Using a brush with circular and anti circular motion helps concealing those pores on the cheek better than just using fingers.

Light to medium coverage.

I am using this just on the cheek, and shiseido powder all over the face afterwards.

on 1/25/2015 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

pros:
- semi matte finish
- match color
- no breakout
- blurry effect (pores)
- cheap!!
- medium coverage
- last for 3-4 hrs
- great oil control

cons:
- oxidize (sometimes); used for summer only
- i cant put any colored powder underneath, it made my face a little bit darker, i suggested that you better use this with translucent powder since its oxidize

on 1/18/2015 5:20:00 AM

I have tried so many other "cheap" brands of foundation and nothing compares! It's good coverage and it lasts so long, especially for someone who wears make up everyday. Only downfall is that the bottle is glass, so it makes getting the bits that won't come up the tube nearly impossible!

on 1/16/2015 7:40:00 PM

WOW! Move over all other foundations I've used before. I've recently decided to stop spending $$$ on make up and skin care products so I checked out the reviews and decided to try this product. I love this foundation above all the others I have in my arsenal right now (Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep Effects; Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish; Marcelle BB Cream; Physician's Formula Super BB: L'oreal BB cream). This foundation outperforms them all and never gives me any grief. I have this in Light (2) and though it looks pretty dark in the bottle it's the perfect shade for my fair/slightly ruddy complexion. One pump dispenses just a little amount, which is all I need to provide sufficient coverage, and it blends perfectly - never cakey, never emphasizes any flakey areas, stays fairly matte throughout the day, doesn't melt off my oily prone skin, lasts all day, doesn't change colour, and makes my skin look amazing. (I added a photo to show you. I'll be 56 in a few months. :-) )