MAC Patisserie

4.3

on 6/24/2014 5:14:00 PM

Patisserie was first launched with the Euristocrats II Collection in 2009. After that collection it was only available via MAC's website and Pro stores. It was re-released in 2014 and is now permanent at all locations...yea! MAC Patisserie (Lustre) is a sheer, glossy, neutral pinky nude. I'm about an NC20 and have naturally soft pinky toned lips, and I don't detect any brown or peach tones in this lipstick. On me, Patisserie is that elusive shade of soft creamy pink...gorg! There's a hint of shimmer in the tube, which is barely detectable on my lips. I'm down to a nub and I will most definitely repurchase!

on 6/13/2014 11:50:00 PM

I am very pale and blonde, and this color looks really pretty on me. It is a pink lipstick but more like a peach color. Not a screaming `hey I am pink` but a soft, peachy pink. Looks very natural and pretty. However I won`t buy it again, because it is kinda drying and sits in the little lines on my lips. I don`t like that. I normally buy Estee Lauder or Dior (of course, twice the price) but I find them a much better formula, much more moisturizing and they never make those lines worse, actually they make my lips more even and smooth. So therefore if you have dry lips, this might not be the best for you. But the color is pretty for sure.

I love this lipstick so much, it's one of the most versatile shades I own. This lipstick applies so naturally, only applying a little bit of colour and sheen meaning it goes with any makeup, outfit or hairstyle. I do find that I need to keep on applying the product throughout the day but it's not so bad because I always carry whatever lipstick I'm wearing with me. I'm not a fan of lipgloss because they're always so floppy and sticky, lipsticks have a much smoother feel and this particular product gives the closest lip gloss look without actually being a gloss.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

It looks really natural on my lips which i really like. Also it smells really nice. I think it is a great nudy/natural lipstick with a little bit of pinky undertone in it, also looks really nice on medium/olive/tan skins because with some other nudy lipsticks i look like im dead. But this is a great lipstick recommend it to anyone who is afraid of looking pale with nude lipsticks. I think it looks great on all skin types.

on 7/17/2013 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was actually a little bit gutted when I first bought Patisserie- I hadn't noticed the glitter in the store and was disappointed when I noticed it has big honking, hefty gold glitter chunks running through it. It's quite strange really because the lipstick doesn't benefit from the glitter at all. It's actually not really that perceptible when you wear it (look at online swatches, it's not at all obvious)- it doesn't give it a shimmery effect, they are just there, particularly when the majority of it has worn off....

Anyway- looking past the glitter, this is a lovely MLBB shade. I'd describe it as a nude but with a bit of life to it. Sort of pinky, almost a touch of mauve to it- it is lighter than my natural lip colour. It is a great lip to pair with a more dramatic eye, or when you want to wear makeup without being very obvious about it.

Formula and lasting power is equal to all the other lustre shades in the line.

I really like it, I don't know if I *love* it yet but it is getting plenty of use. Particularly when I can't think of what lipstick to wear; I seem drawn to this as a 'go with every look' sort of shade.

on 7/9/2013 1:10:00 PM

This is like my lip colour and it looks really natural. I feel like it goes with many looks and it's very wearable. As for the glitter issue, I really don't mind it and I don't notice left over glitter on my lips when the colour has worn off :/ I'm not in love with the formula because even though it has a shiny/glossy finish, it feels drying. Not my favourite formulation but I really love the colour.

I bought this lipstick thinking it would be a pretty natural pink shade that would be easy to wear. Whilst it is very easy to apply and comfortable to wear I am just not sold on it. The colour doesn't do much for me and also when you look at the lipstick you can see huge flecks on glitter in it, makes me look a bit washed out as I am very pale.

The best lipstick ever! I love lustre so much! It is glossy and very creamy. It was somewhat sheer but very buildable. It is the perfect balance between nude, pink and peach. As for the glitter people are complaining about, it was very subtle on the lips and seemed to make my skin glow radiantly. I love it deeply. Will be wearing on my wedding day.

on 3/22/2013 9:05:00 AM

Purchased for £14.

I totally agree with the reviewer below me.

After reading rave reviews on this product I decided to purchase it online (I'd have to travel all the way into London to visit my nearest MAC counter)

I was expecting a 'my lips but better' shade, the swatches looked promising etc.

Upon application, although the color itself is quite nice the chunks of glitter ruin it for me (we're not talking about subtle shimmer here but full on sparkles)

I tried wearing a light layer and then multiple layers but the issue still remained regardless.

The lipstick itself felt very drying and I don't mean in the 'it's a matte lipstick' sense. The longer I had it on, the dryer my lips felt and I constantly had to reach for the lip-balm. Even drug-store lipsticks haven't had that effect on me.

I gave it 2 lippies because I liked the packaging and the actual color minus the glitter, was nice.

All in all, I'm quite disappointed. I definitely wont be purchasing another MAC lipstick on a whim again.

If glitter is your thing, then you'll probably love this but if you're looking for a subtle, natural look I certainly recommend you test this lipstick out before purchasing.

on 3/17/2013 12:10:00 PM

My Patisserie is the result of a back-to-MAC operation. I usually research my purchases quite a lot before I make them, especially if we talk MAC, since it is so expensive here in Spain (a lipstick would be around $25). I remember that when I looked into it, although I didn’t spend that long reading reviews and looking at pictures, everybody seemed to agree that it was quite a universal nude pink shade with the slightest bit of shimmer so after trying the product on my hand the counter, I decided to give it a go. However, I knew at the back of mind this wouldn’t be the most successful back to Mac ever.
I do agree with those who say that this is a lovely nude pink that would work fine for people of my colouring (NC20-25), paler and also for somewhat deeper shades. I have to admit though that it is quite sheer for a luster finish. Both Hug Me and Syrup are in the same category and their pigmentation is much more opaque. Patisserie feels more like a Glaze to me, balmier and see-through. Here comes the bone of contention, though: THE SHIMMER!!! If you have read any of my other reviews, you will know where I am coming from. How can anybody say this lipstick has got very subtle shimmer? It simply does not. The lights at the counter had me completely fooled and I definitely should have known better since I have been buying make up for nearly 15 years. What was I thinking? This is not subtle at all. If you pack the colour on so that you have lipstick sitting literally on top of your lips, it may get camouflaged but otherwise it shows blatantly. Why can’t MAC, in this day and age, come up with a more minuscule type of glitter for lipsticks? The shimmer they use for most of their blushes is tinier than this one. Ok, different strokes, you may think, the glitter/shimmer will not be that noticeable, we already know you are a bit of a ‘hater’ anyway but let me ask you something: if you have a job where you are talking most of the time, where you do not have time to run to the toilet to reapply your lipstick and where you are facing clients one right after the other, it does not look very professional to have your lipstick completely eaten/worn off with just glitter remaining. Your lips may not look gritty but it just does not look good. To give you a better example, try the lipstick on your cheeks. I do this with Huge Me all the time and it looks wonderful. Patisserie is a great colour but the minute you start blending the product out, you can see lots of shimmer specks.
I didn’t ‘purchase’ this product but I certainly won’t be going back for it. I am sad I will just end up wearing it around the house for the sake of another back to MAC. However, if there was another colour like this without the glitter, I would buy it with my eyes closed.

Popular Lipsticks