Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide.

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

on 3/23/2015 2:08:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is the best light weight foundation for my combo oily skin. The coverage is sheer to medium and it stays on for a pretty good amount of time. The finish is very natural. Not too matte, not too dewy. I feel like it does control the oiliness around my nose. The only down side is that the shades are so limited. I'm about an NC 25-30 and picked up intensity 2. It would've been perfect if it had yellow undertone. But intensity 2 is more on the pink side while intensity 3 is more on the yellow side but it was too dark for me. The pink undertone isn't too obvious on my Asian skin but I guess I'll still be on the hunt for that perfect foundation.

on 3/21/2015 4:02:00 PM

IF YOU HAVE COMBO SKIN, YOU MUST HAVE THIS! It has a light coverage, it is moustirizing and mattifying at the same time! It has a natural matte finish and it controls the oiliness on my T zone perfectly! When I put this on, people always say "Aw, you have such a perfect skin", and you know a foundations quality when people think that you have nothing on :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought shade .5. This shade is a suitable match for the pale/fair complexion with neutral or yellow undertones. Absolutely too pale for the fair to light complexion or light complexion.

"Dries" quickly to a sticky/tacky texture. Because of this it was blotchy all over my face. Near impossible to blend well. I exfoliate and moisturize before applying makeup. Even still, this foundation made any and all teeny tiny dry skin flakes stand out horribly.

It does last forever on the face. Did not irritate my very sensitive skin. These are the two pros hence why two lippies.

on 3/15/2015 6:12:00 PM

Do not understand the hype with this. I have oily skin and this just really didn't set well on my skin at all. It was blotchy and I could feel it on all day, it didn't help my oiliness. Well this put me off trying the double wear original formula. If I can feel this then i'm definitely not going to like that. If you are someone who likes mac studiofix fluid you will probably like this although even studiofix was better on my skin.

I tried the original double wear and it's too heavy as I expected.

on 3/11/2015 5:40:00 AM

I just purchased this in intensity no.2. The colour's perfect for my skin.
It has a little dewy finish but not oily. Coverage is like bb creams of Korea (think Missha's perfect cover).

on 3/7/2015 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily skin and live in humid Darwin in Australia. I continually wear this foundation as it's the only one I can find that has a fighting chance against the humidity and my oily skin. I switched to this light version because I feel like my skin breathes better and thus lasts longer, even though the coverage is not as good.

on 3/7/2015 3:02:00 AM

Definitely the best foundation ever. It lasts all day I don't need to use it twice. I have very oily t-zone and this foundation makes oil control. Not as heavy as double wear but its coverage is enough and also buildable.

on 3/5/2015 8:36:00 AM

I continue to love this product. I really like the coverage, staying power and buildability. I use over Mally primer. I have tried other foundations and keep coming back. I also add some revlon highlighing lotion (not sure of the exact name) to give this product some luminosity. I am 50 and have good skin, but a bit dry and fair in color.

on 2/28/2015 3:32:00 AM

After searching for my HG foundation... I think I found the one. Never in my life have I purchased two shades of the same foundation because the thought of not having it in my shade for any season freaked me out. With that said,

I have true combination skin- a very oily t-zone as well as the cheek area around my nose and dry/normal skin elsewhere. It's hard for me to find a good match because most foundations tend to break on the oily areas from 2-3 hours which is normally not sufficient and too high maintenance for me to touch up.

I have been using this foundation for about 3-4 months.
I have the shades 1.0 (fair to light with neutral undertones) and 2.0 (light to medium with yellow undertones). 2 was too dark for me and 1 is way too light, so I usually mix in 1/3 of the 1.0 and 3/4 of the 2.0. My skin has dominant yellow undertones (yay, asian) and 1.0 works for me because I mix it with the other one.

This foundation is definitely a dry, semi-matte finish that is surprisingly natural especially if you get the correct shade. It looks so natural and not cakey using a brush or fingers ( it is boyfriend approved!). What I love though the most is that it is LONG WEARING without being overly drying. I blot at least every 2 hours with other foundations but with this I find it only necessary to blot every 6 hours. It also doesn't fade blotchy. I sometimes mix this in with another foundation if I feel more dry in the colder days, and it allows it for a great combo for my combo skin. Just the other day I was out from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. (way too long) and when I looked in my bathroom mirror, I didn't feel gross and in fact my face still looked quite presentable (almost impossible with other foundations!).

I am aware there are other great foundations for oily skin types. For my use, I didn't want something too heavy and thick , which is why I opted for the light version instead. I also do not like complete matte finishes.

Worth checking out if you are a combo oily gal like me!

on 2/26/2015 4:10:00 PM

I bought this foundation after finding the normal double wear too heavy for everyday wear..I always find this to be a hit or a miss! Some days I'll wear it and it looks so nice stays on all day just great (I've noticed that's normally when I've put my moisturiser tan on the night before so my skin isn't as dry) but when it's colder outside its horrible!! Looks so cakey and clings to all my dry patches so I had to stop using it! But I think this foundation might be better in the summer when it's a bit warmer and my skin isn't as dry, but when it's cold normal weather it's a no go as it feels heavy and dry