Bourjois Lune D'or

TALC, MICA, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), BENTONITE, CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL), ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE), CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, SILICA, CI 15850 (RED 6 LAKE), LANOLIN ALCOHOL, CI 75470 (CARMINE), CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE), SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, AMMONIUM SILVER ZINC ALUMINUM SILICATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, DEXTRIN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, BHT, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CITRIC ACID Updated as of November 14, 2011

on 7/29/2010 12:44:00 PM

I LOVE THIS!
first i love the packaging. it was tiny and cute :)
it was light not messy at all.
the shade is actually sheer n shimmery, but it was buildable despite of the fact that if u put more on ur skin, the shade doesnt improved much. only the shimmer does.
but it really gives me a fresh n glowy natural look.
the scent was nice.
beside all the shimmer and the scent and the compact it doesnt break me out. it always a plus :)

on 12/26/2009 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This product doesn't work that well for me. I really need to PACK on color if I want anything to show up. It's a really beautiful color- pink with gold veining. When I swatch it with my finger, it's REALLY pigmented, but when I try to do the same with my blush brush or the brush that comes with the blush, it just doesn't work. I really need to sweep the blush over and over with my brush until the color gets picked up. The color doesn't show up that well on my skin either. My skin is a bit tanned but not exactly that...dark? Anyways, I'm still giving it a 3 because I like how the shimmer on the blush just really gives a nice sheen to my face (but don't get TOO much shimmer on there!!) So yup! I think for people with paler skin, this would be a REALLY great product; It just didn't work for me :D

EDIT: I started using this blush again after my other blush hit pan. I can't believe that I didn't like this blush before because now, I absolutely love it! Now that it's transitioning into fall and winter, my skin is getting paler, and this blush gives the most beautiful pink glow to my cheeks. IT'S SO PRETTY and it's going to be my go-to blush from now on!!

on 12/11/2009 6:54:00 PM

This blush is beautiful! I am pale, NC15 pale and it gives me a hint of colour to perk me up! The only thing is, it can be a little shimmery so i put powder over the top. It's long lasting and for the price it's amazing

on 10/31/2009 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my fav blush but first off I have pale NC15 toned skin and this colour is not for those over NC/NW20. This is my everyday blush that suites the 'not made up but fresh' look I like to go for. Its a light pink colour that can be built up for more pigment but never gives off that clown effect no matter how much is applied. It has a slight shimmer to it, but not super glittery. The price of around 9euro is good compared to some brands out there.
One downfall is the packaging. My blush has started to fall out of the round pot. I can put it back in again but have to watch out in case its falls and breaks.
Best blush I have found and will definatly buy again :]

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HOLY!! $11.5 USD (approx) for a 2.5g Bourjois blush!? They better be pigmented! but they're not, sadly. Why not save some money for other drugstore items or double your savings to buy a HE blush? What range does Bourjois want to position their products in?? If it's trying to be low-end drugstore items, why the hell it's so expensive? and so little product?

The Lune D'or is a major disappointment, it doesn't show up on my NW25 skin, very glittery, might be similar to Cargo Blu-ray blush in pink, but without the pigmentation, or color. Only the glitter. This might be a good highlighter though.

on 6/2/2009 11:07:00 PM

For some reason, I've never really liked bourjois blushes, and the Lune D'or was a huge dissapointment.

I was never able to pick up the appropriate amount of blush, it doesn't show up at all on my NC30 skin, and if i try to pick up more color, it turns me into a discoball.

on 4/19/2009 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

i got it as a dupe od nars orgasm but i have to say "o" is irreplacable.. so try to decribe without comparing to it.. so, first of all the packaging is chunky round pot-classical bourjois design.. it is always the same colour that the product inside-that is a very individual idea.. you open it and it looks like a chanel blush... (-mothercompany so no wonder- at this point i was a bit scraed as chanel blushes never worked for me as the pigmentation and the staying power was poor.. ) the colour is almost a dupe, but when i started to apply it i realized that it is a no go for me.. not bad if you want something really really sheer... but at the same time i have to say that in the rate category i t is outstanding:)n but i can see the hype about it:)

on 3/21/2009 11:52:00 PM

I adore this blush. I decided to get it after seeing in on a friend of mine and read the rave reviews at make up alley. It gives the prettiest, most delicate glow on my face. It's peachy pink with very fine gold shimmer. It has more pink in it than orgasm. I prefer this to Nars orgasm, which used to be my fave. I don't look like I'm wearing blush with this, just look as if I've just exercised or gone to the beach. Nice price too (compared with orgasm).

on 2/13/2009 5:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have had this product for over a year now but I've barely touched it. I find it hard to pick up the colour on any brush, and the colour is way too sheer for a medium skin tone like mine - I barely noticed any colour at all. I would say it's more of a lovely sheer shimmer and works best layered over a matte blush, rather than used as a blusher on its own.
Cute packaging and great to just throw into your bag but I'd choose a different colour next time.

on 10/28/2008 10:13:00 PM

This used to be my favourite blush before i switched to high end. It's got the most beautiful shade of golden rose and gives you pretty delicate glow. What i really hate is the flimsy packaging, the useless tiny built-in mirror and the scratchy brush. Also, the formula is a bit too dry so it can be hard to pick up and apply. One more good thing about this product is its durability. I'm convinced that if it were not for the packaging, it would last forever. That's a shortcoming in some people's opinion, though :)

Top Rated Bourjois Products