Aveeno Positively Ageless Night Cream

3.1

on 6/25/2012 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This was supposed to be an anti-aging product... I couldnīt really notice it. I donīt think this is an effective product. Also it smells, and has the consistency of hair conditioner, wich I donīt like. Well, At least, I had no severe alergic reactions, though it made one or 2 pimples look worse. I would never buy it again, itīs a waste of money.

on 1/5/2012 11:10:00 AM

I had really high expectations for this night cream. I have had a great track record with Aveeno products previously. I used Aveeno's Clear Complexion facial wash until the bottle ran out and I am still using Aveeno's Clear Complexion daily moisturizer (which I repurchased several times). Both products are very gentle but produced good results, which I thought would ensure the good quality of their Positively Ageless reconditioning night cream.

First off, the night cream comes in a jar (which I thought was fine because the packaging was cute, even if unsanitary). The amount of product was so disappointing! There was SO little product that I even wondered if I got an opened item that someone in the store tested. The smell was strong but I even got over that aversion because it faded after I applied it onto my face. The consistency of the lotion is not thick and it blended into my skin very easily. I couldn't even tell by looking that I had a night cream on, which was okay because I didn't necessarily want a sticky mess. I wanted to love this product so badly but I woke up this morning with a swollen face. I must have gotten an allergic reaction to some ingredient because my nose and lips were swollen and my cheeks had a red rash in some spots.

I don't consider my skin to be sensitive at all and this never happened with any other face product I have used. Luckily I saved the box and the receipt so I will be returning it to Target.

on 11/21/2011 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

EDIT: After using this every night for several weeks, I've actually noticed that my face is developing an uneven skin tone and the elasticity of my skin is compromised! Back to the drawing board. Plus, it makes me itch. :( Can't recommend this one.

Since entering my 30s, I've found I needed more moisture for my face. I have extremely sensitive skin, and new products are always a calculated risk for me, but I thought I'd try this one anyway.

The cream feels great going on, thick, but absorbs quickly. I have noticed immediate (within the first week) improvement in texture and moisture for my skin, and since using it for a month, fine lines are getting decidedly smaller. My jawline seems better defined as well.

I did see that the first few times I used it, my skin seemed *slightly* irritated, but nothing really noticable. I don't have these affects anymore, so I'm thinking I'm probably in the clear as far as that goes. Something to note, though.

I could do with less of a scent - but it's not the worst thing ever. Just somewhat distracting!

on 10/28/2011 1:26:00 PM

I thought I'd buy this to see what all the positively ageless hype was about. Honestly it does a good job moisturizing, and took care of my dry patches in 2 nights, however, was it the shiitake mushroom complex that did that, No. It was the Shea butter! And as much as I like the moisturizer, this is NOT good for sensitive skin. It stung my skin and made the redness worse. There is so much fragrance in it that I stopped using it after a week!

on 10/4/2011 12:34:00 AM

Product - I wanted a moisturizer to wear at night, something without SPF. The sunscreen-y smell of my everyday moisturizer (SPF 42, bought on a whim) was more than I could take. So I picked this up. I detect a faint scent to it, but it dissipates quickly. Feels nice. It's light and creamy, lighter and less viscous than a typical lotion or gel but not intentionally airy/fluffy like a mousse or foam. Soaks in completely without residual greasiness. Labeled as a night cream, but since it's lightweight and soaks in so well I actually use this in the morning on occasion too (before applying TM). UPDATE - I've been using this for 5 months now and just realized that I haven't had any mid-afternoon t-zone oiliness while using this!

Comparisons - I know there is a listing for the Positively Ageless Night Cream. Maybe it's been repackaged and/or reformulated, since there is now a Restructuring Treatment Cream and a Reconditioning Night Cream...

Packaging - Not a huge fan of the packaging, which is a rounded beige tub with a slightly smaller round screwtop dark brown lid. (I had an Aveda product ages ago, with similar packaging, but the screwtop lid also had a fliptop built in - very convenient!) If it must be a round jar, then I'd prefer the sidewalls to be straight and even with the lid, so I can get at the last dregs without having to use my fingertips like a spatula under the lip of the jar.

Overall - The price was about $18-19, which seems kinda high to me, but then again everything seems to be costing more nowadays. Wow, I sound like an old frump. No wonder I need night cream now. :) Definitely would buy again. continued >>

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been using Aveeno face wash for forever and it's great, and so when I was looking for a nighttime product, I picked this one up on a whim. Was hoping for something that would moisturize and soften my dry skin as I slept ... and maybe even, over time, minimize my pores. So I used it nightly for over a month and never noticed any real difference. But sure, I was thinking, I guess it is better than using nothing at all.

I started noticing some severe dryness around my mouth ... my upper lip started peeling. So I changed lip balms, thinking that could be the problem (even though I have been using the same kind of lip balm for a long time). Nope. The dryness went away the day after I stopped using this night cream.

Disappointed in Aveeno. Still stand by their Skin Brightening Daily Scrub, though.

on 6/13/2011 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

I wish I had read the posts here before putting this product all over my face. After the third night it DESTROYED my skin. Since pictures speak lowder than any words can, I have uploaded pictures of my face before and after using this product.
Seriously, I don't know if it would do this to EVERYONE, but why risk it. I sure wouldn't have had I known then what I know now.
Note: The review FORCED me to rate it 1-5, if 0 or negative numbers were an option you all would know where I would go. . . -5

on 4/27/2011 1:24:00 AM

This product made my pores very visible after my 3rd night of use. I've never had big pores before. I used this night cream along with the positvely ageless day moisturizer with SPF15. I dont know if its the day moisturizer that made my pores huge or this night cream but I used them together and it made me look like i have goosebumps all over my face! Didn't like it. Returned it.

on 1/26/2011 3:48:00 AM

I'm on my 2nd jar of this cream, I love it! When just started to use it, few red pilling spots appeared on my face. I did not stop using it, and 4 -5 days later spots dissapeared, skin became smooth, silky, I keep touching it, feels so nice! In the beginning of using cream I felt a little burning, but a week later it stopped. Love the smell. Definately will buy it again!

on 9/22/2010 3:16:00 AM

This stuff is crap. I hate the smell and it made my face hurt. I used it for a few nights and it broke me out. I think it sucks and is over priced crap.

Popular Moisturizers