Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy PLUS Intensive Repair Lotion

3.5

Water; Mineral Oil; PEG-7 Hydrogenated Castor Oil; Isohexadecane; Sodium Lactate; Urea; Glycerin; Isopropyl Palmitate; Panthenol; Microcrystalline Wax; Magnesium Sulfate; Lanolin Alcohol; Bisabolol; Methylchloroisothiazolinone; Methylisothiazolinone

on 4/10/2013 6:01:00 PM

I live in a cold, northern state. Winters are harsh and my skin gets very dry and uncontrollably itchy if I skip even a day of moisturizing. The good news is that this product works; the bad news is the way it goes on your skin. I've never understood what people meant by "sticky" or "tacky" lotions until now. This does not sink in quickly; your skin looks shiny and feels temporarily greasy. I will continue to use the giant pump bottle I bought (it's beneficial for my skin and is truly fragrance-free), but when it's out, I will probably not repurchase. Vaseline Intensive Care also works well but feels much better when applying. Eucerin makes some great products, but this just isn't for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Chicago winters are brutal-it's extremely windy and harsh, and as a result, my skin starts feeling very dry, tight, and uncomfortable to the point where it was starting to become painful. My regular lotion really wasn't working. As soon as I put it on, it felt like my skin didn't have anything on it. And it was very dull and ashy-looking. I bought Eucerin from Target. It's pretty expensive, more than ten dollars, but it works so well. It smoothed out the dry patches and really hydrated my skin. The bottle has lasted me a few months, and I still have a lot more.

on 2/11/2012 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

No wayyy will I buy this again. Smells and looks like glue. Doesn't absorb. Sad I wasted my money on it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm unsure if i will buy it again.. The AHA's help with dry flaky skin, but the texture is like glue! I feel like I'm rubbing Elmer's glue on my skin, and it even smells like glue. It will soften skin, so I suppose it does the job. I only use this at night because your clothes will stick to your skin. I have it because I need to use it up, but there are probably other lotions with AHA's that are not so sticky. Update: So after my review I read a review below where someone said their legs broke out in a rash, and I have the same issue right now. I thought it was a soap I used or some other product causing it. I'm thankful to be able to pinpoint the cause! It's going in the trash.

on 12/5/2011 11:34:00 AM

This is a GREAT product. I never write reviews for anything but this is truly wonderful. Background: I have combination acne prone skin. I have never had actual acne but rather "cystic" pimples here and there if that makes any sense. I am in my early 20s.
This would be too oily to use on its own. So I "water" it down by spraying witch hazel all over my face first and then apply a very small amount onto my face and rub it in. Sometimes I add a bit of benzoyl peroxide gel/creme to the mixture as well. The result is WONDERFUL. In the morning, my skin is silky soft and almost glowing. I have only been using this for a week so I can't say what the long term affects are but it hasn't broken me out yet and hopefully some of my acne scars will fade
Will update!

on 7/30/2011 6:13:00 PM

Pro: It's an great, hardcore, after shower body lotion, probably the best I've ever used (including many lotions, butters, creams, oils like pure coconut, etc.) Once you use it, it'll keep your skin feeling and looking great all day. I love that as I don't like to apply lotion several times per day. Used for a couple of weeks (esp. while exfoliating 2x per week or more) you can SEE a noticeable difference in your skin...better texture, better everything. Another pro: it dries with virtually no scent. Will not interfere with perfume, etc.

Con: It's sticky EWWW ELMER'S GLUE STICKY when you first apply. Don't put in body creases, like where your arms bend, behind knees, etc. (too sticky), but that goes away very quickly (wipe or wash it off your hands). Another con: I do not use this anytime other than right after a shower to lock in that moisture. When applied any other time, it's way, way too sticky.

Just buy the biggest pump bottle you can find and leave it on your bathroom counter, use it after a shower, and you'll be happy if you need hardcore moisture. For me, this is a no no for a mid afternoon lotion or before bed moisturizer or whatever. Sticky, tacky, oily...it's all of those things, but none of them when used after a shower.

continued >>

on 4/19/2011 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this lotion. It's one of two of my favorites (Curel being the other). Very moisturizing, nice texture, no icky smell, no white coating, quick absorbing and no greasy feeling.

EDIT (December 30, 2014): It's okay. I don't find myself hunting for it anymore because it DOES leave a smell. I prefer Vaseline intensive care repair lotion because it's lighter and doesn't have a smell.

on 3/8/2011 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the best skin repair lotions on the market. Reason being is of the ingredients: alpha hydroxy, glycerin and urea. Like some people I have that chicken like skin or bumpy skin (also known as keratosis pilaris) on the backs of my thighs, booty and back of upper arms and this is the only product that smoothed it all out. To maintain the chicken skin I do this before showering:

1. Before showering I dry exfloliate using a body brush or hard loofah
(usually I only do the bumpy area but once in a while I do my body too.)
2. I use a regular loofah in the shower with any cleanser with salycic acid (I use Neutrogena pink grapefruit currently)
3. After showering, and while the skin is damp not wet or dry I apply Eucerin.

In 2wks I decreased the bumpy skin and a mth later it is almost all gone. Unfortunately this is something that always has to be done since you cannot cure this condition completely. But Eucerin for sure keeps my chicken skin under control!

on 2/24/2011 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

If you HATE greasy lotion, this product is NOT for you. Don't expect your legs to feel sikly smooth in one day, be patient with this lotion. in some of the reviews i read that when you apply this lotion it takes awhile to settle in and when it finally does it doesn't feel much different. well like it said you have to be patient. whithin three days i felt a difference, not much but my legs weren't as dry.

this lotion does take awhile to settle in but that's fine with me because so far it's been working pretty well for me.

on 1/22/2011 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

cured my dry feet! i have tried so many different creams, lotions pomades and nothing cured my dry itchy flaky feet lol this is very thick, but doesn't sit on top of my skin and has alpha hydroxy in it which renews my skin and keeps it baby soft...it is very thick at first and may not feel like a lotion should, but after warming it up between the palms of my hands, it applies like a dream and i can finally look foward to sandal season!