Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - In Control Curious

3.9

on 3/21/2012 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

In Control Curious is in my top three favorite perfumes! It was my signature scent until I discovered the other two (Snooki and Viva La Juicy). I first discovered in 2007. The box is what first got my attention, as my favorite colors are pink and black. I had smelled Curious before, and wasn't too much of a fan (it smelled too sophisticated, as I like younger, flirtier, yummier scents), so I gave In Control Curious a shot hoping it would be different. I can't remember whether or not I smelled it first or just went ahead and bought it, but let me tell you... it doesn't matter because I did NOT regret my purchase! It's just sweet enough to smell girly, but it's not annoyingly sweet like Fantasy can be. It's also got a dark, sexy side to it which is my favorite part. When I wear it I always get compliments, mostly from guys. I admit it doesn't last as long as some other perfumes, but I spray alot on myself so it will last longer. I wish it came in a rollerball so I could put it in my purse for touch-ups. In Control Curious is my boyfriend's favorite perfume on me because it is what I was wearing the first time we went out, so it has sentimental value to him :) But I'd definitely have to say that In Control Curious is on of the best perfumes I've owned!

on 12/29/2011 10:41:00 PM

This is absolutely scrumptious. I tested this at my local pharmacy today and was absolutely amazed! It is like a grown up version of fantasy (which I love). I could only fit it into my budget to purchase one perfume, so I purchased Midnight Fantasy (LOVE IT!) after much deliberating and am arranging to get In Control in a swap. Lasting power is excellent- Fantasy wears off mye in under an hour, but this one is still smelling great after 6 hours. The bottle is stunning. If I couldn't get this in a swap, I would surely pay full price for one.

UPDATE- After the swap didn't work out due to shipping regulations, I purchased a 100mL bottle of this today. I am so glad I did! This is one of my all time favorite perfumes. The smell gets better and better throughout the day. It morphs from a sweet vanilla (my husband and brother in law seem to think it smells like vanilla coke) to a rich, creamy, grown-up creme brulee. Lasts 6-7 hours on me. Delicious. I'm smitten with this.

This is one of my fave Britney perfumes. I've only just recently rediscovered it after the atomizer permanently stopped working in my bottle and i finally decided to buy one of those little refillable bottles and transfer some of it. SOO glad i did it! I forgot how much i love it. It smells like vanilla and creme brulee with a bit of sexy musk thrown in. It's quite similar to Fantasy but is definitely a more grown up version and isn't as sweet. Staying power is terrible but having the mini bottle is handy because i just throw it in my bag and touch up throughout the day.

If you're going to buy it i recommend NOT getting the one with the pink thing you pump. It looks pretty but it gets blocked up so easily and stops working completely (it also happened to my bottle of Curious).

on 11/10/2011 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is my second favourite Brittney Spears scent, after Fantasy.
The smell is more vanilla musky (vs her other fruity scents). The only downfall is that it doesn't seem to last very long on my skin, or even my clothes for that matter... but the price is right so I would buy again for sure.

on 7/19/2011 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

One of my favorite parfumes ever. It has such a sweet but not too in-your-face smell. It really smells kind of luxurious (at least to me). The staying power is not that great, even worse than Britney's Fantasy fragrance.I am not a fan of the packaging either, the matte black bottle just doesn't go well with the scent (if that even makes sense). Will most definitely repurchase if I manage to find it anywhere.

on 7/15/2011 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Yum! I love smelling edible. It reminds me of Britney's 'Fantasy' perfume with that chocolate-like opening but 'In Control' has a much creamier smell - a bit like creme brulee? It's very sweet like the majority of Britney's perfumes, but 'In Control' has a longer vanilla/musky dry-down and last's slightly better than 'Fantasy' does. It's a bit hard to find in stores though.

on 6/25/2011 4:18:00 PM

The packaging is beautiful, the scent is very sexual and warm, and it lasts pretty long. This is my favorite perfume of all time, even though it is a bit pricey. Britney Spears makes really good perfumes!

on 6/16/2011 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love the smell of this perfume, and it does last a fairly long time.
I was able to pick it up fairly cheap online too ($25.00 for 100mls!)
I would not recommend travelling with it though as mine leaked all through my bag when I packed it to go away. My clothes smelt delicious BUT the bottle was completely empty :)

on 8/18/2010 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I read in an article reviewing this scent that the original intention was to make it both "sweet and sexy" and like many readers as soon as I read this I brushed it off. Another generic vanilla based perfume on the market *yawn*. But when a friend of mine recently purchased her other scent "Fantasy" I immediately fell in love - however the cupcake base in it made it a bit too sweet and gave me a headache. So after hearing that Control was a bit less sticky sweet I decided to go out on a limb and buy a bottle.

Words can not describe how perfectly this scent captures what it set out to create or how much I've fallen in love with it. The vanilla base mixes incredibly well with the tonka and creme brulee giving it a very candy like smell that when the dry down phase is over gives a sickly sweet perfume a very naughty kick indeed. Don't be fooled by passing this off as another cheap foody scent - this is a deep, rich gourmet set of sweets we're talking about here - *very* rich and *very* dark. For the price this is one of thee best perfumes on the market and I'm happy to announce I'll be making it my signature scent from now on.

More mature than fantasy, more elegant that Midnight - love at first smell has never been so solidly guaranteed before in a bottle!

This is a fantastic perfume. The packaging is stunning and even if I designed my own bottle it would look like this one! The scent is beautiful and I love it! It's limited edition so it's very hard to find anywhere but if you find it I recommend trying it out.

Popular Fragrances