Tarte Lights Camera Lashes

3.8

Ingredients: Aqua, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated stearyl olive esters, stearic acid, cera carnauba, triethanolamine, alcohol, candelilla cera, acacia senegal gum, panthenol, VP/VA copolymer, polyvinyl alcohol, aminomethylpropanediol, chlorphenesin, iron oxides (CI 77499).

on 4/29/2015 11:53:00 AM

I have a love/hate relationship with this mascara. I love the effectiveness I get. I have long straight lashes that point down and hate to be curled. With this mascara I get super long flirty lashes. I get volume at the base of my lashes and natural whispy at the ends. My lashes point up as if I curled them. Super cute and doll like.
Now the bad... My lashes feel hard and if I itch my eye it can flake a little. Sometimes my upper and lower lashes stick together or tangled into another. When this happens sometimes I lose a lash.. Ugh
I won't buy this again but I do have a handful of samples I have to ge through

on 4/29/2015 1:16:00 AM

I got a sample of this mascara and I absolutely love it. Ip my eyelashes have a hard time retaining a curl after mascara is applied, but this is light enough to keep them curled and looking fantastic! It lengthens, separates, and curls perfectly. I will definitely be purchasing this mascara when my current one runs out. Finally, I have found my perfect mascara!

on 4/21/2015 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have a deluxe sample of this that I've been using the past few weeks. I really love CG Clump Crusher WP, but found that it was starting to irritate my eyes. I've ended up liking this one even more -- it adds a good amount of volume without clumping and, despite not being WP, doesn't smudge or flake. Also hasn't caused any irritation and is easy to remove with my Bioderma. I'm not sure I will get a full size as I have a few others on my list that I'd like to try and it's quite pricey compared to what I usually shell out for mascara, but I'll definitely keep it as an option in the future.

on 4/14/2015 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascaras formula, just wish I could fit my buxom bare minerals wand in it though bc I don't love their wand BUT overall this is my fav mascara bc it really create a lot of volume without getting cakey, doesn't flake, and is water resistant.

on 4/14/2015 4:10:00 PM

I love this mascara, it's great for a dramatic look. It volumizes and lengthens my lashes very well.

on 4/14/2015 10:25:00 AM

I've gone through several tubes of this because my mom has a QVC habit and doesn't wear mascara, but I don't love it. I will say there is a sweet spot a couple of weeks after opening the tube where it functions very well, but that doesn't last long! Wet and kind of clumpy at first, and then dries out VERY quickly. Will flake a little, but not too badly. The packaging is cute but kind of unwieldy. I do like the slender brush, it makes it easier to get into nooks and crannies of the lashline than a fat brush (bane of my existence). If you work it right, you definitely can achieve long, defined lashes with this mascara. Not too much volume though.

on 4/14/2015 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this mascara! I have thin lashes that typically have a harder time holding a curl with non-waterproof formulas so I usually use a light layer of a waterproof drugstore mascara under to help with the curl. Then I top it off with 1 or 2 layers of this mascara and it looks amazing. It adds a ton of volume, separates my lashes, and adds just the perfect amount of length. It also lasts all day and I haven't had trouble with it flaking for giving me raccoon eyes (which happens a lot with most mascaras).

I let me friend try this who has thick long lashes and she looked like she was wearing really nice false lashes.

on 4/13/2015 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought a trial size of this, just to try. I try to lean to mascaras without a ton crazy ingredients. I am VERY sensitive to most mascaras... and it is hard to find one that doesn't irritate me. Crying your eye makeup off within five minutes of application is not cool.

I LOVE this stuff! Seriously, the best mascara I have ever used. It lengthens my lashes like no other, and adds volume at the same time. I usually -hate- black mascara because it is usually super harsh and not natural looking. While this adds a lot of umph, they still look like natural, healthy lashes. It would be rad if they came out with a brown, though.

I find that the travel size of this is pretty perfect. I am usually broke, so dropping a whole entire $20 on a mascara (though I think this one is worth it), is a no go (fo sho). Especially since I try and toss mine every 3-4 months. I really hope that they keep making the travel sizes! I just bought my second tube! IN LOVE!

on 4/13/2015 2:49:00 PM

I received this as a mini. When I used it & I was so let down. it reminds me of the mascara formulas 12 years ago. which is not a good thing. It's not horrible but I wanted length or volume, and I got a coating over my lashes with no umph. Disappointed.

on 4/1/2015 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I had a sample size of this and really liked it. So, after finishing off some other mascaras, I decided to purchase a full-sized version. Problem is, the full-size version is not living up to my memory. Perhaps it's just not seeming so great because the mascara I used immediately before this one is my current HG (Guerlain's Babydoll). What's my problem with LCL? My main complaint is that if my eyes get the least bit itchy and I rub them, I get panda eyes, which is weird because I don't apply mascara on my lower lashes. I almost never get panda eyes, but with LCL, I'm getting them everyday at the end of the day (12+ hours). LCL also isn't as dramatic as I prefer, holds up well for 8 hours, and leaves my lashes soft.

Popular Mascaras