Jason Natural Cosmetics 5000 I.U. Vitamin E Revitalizing Moisturizing Creme

4.2

Not tested on animals

Aqua (purified water), Capylic/capric triglyceride, Vegetable glycerin, Tocopheryl acetate (vit. e), Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf gel*, Stearic acid, Cetyl alcohol, Ascorbic acid (vit. c), Retinyl palmitate (vit. a), Persea gratissima (avocado oil), Triticum vulgare (wheat germ) oil, Prunus amygdalus dulcis (almond) oil, Sorbitan stearate, Polysorbate 60, Potassium hydroxide, Citrus Grandis (grapefruit) seed extract, Potassium sorbate, Sodium benzoate, Benzyl alcohol. *=Certified organic ~Paraben free ~Fragrance free

on 1/16/2011 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

Have used this at night for over a year on my 50+ face. It is too heavy for daily use, but as a night cream, it's the best! I wash my face in the shower with clarisonic, put on vitamin C serum and about 5 minutes later put this cream on. I wake up every morning to glowing skin.On several occasions I have worn it on no-makeup days, and I look dare I say it, younger thanks to the dewiness. I love that it's cheap, no fragrance (well a natural one), and in a big tub.I've used many HE products in the past, but none work as well for me. I just had to re-purchase after one year. Took off one lippie because this wouldn't be for oily or acne prone women, but for my combo/dry skin, it's the best.

on 9/8/2010 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

If you are on a budget but still want good results, or perhaps you want something for off days or when using nice things would be a waste of money, this is it.

Ingredients are very well done. There are quite a few "organic" ingredients as well. "Organic" since it's not a regulated term but with how this is formulated, I believe them. Vitamin E, C, and A, all very high in the list. And E and C reinforce each other. No fragrance, colors, etc. 4oz for like $5 - WHAT!? Ridiculous. The combination of those 3 things really seals the deal. I use A LOT of this as night cream and exfoliate before it, and it seems to absorb well. Smell, I can't really describe. It doesn't smell chemically, plant like, and whatever it is is not strong, but it smells like a cream though. Smells don't bother me.

Now the negatives: oil free it's not. I don't mind oils though, but there's a ton of them in this and probably why it always leaves a sheen. You can feel it too but no that badly, oily skin beware anyways. Also, under makeup during the day? Probably for the driest skin only, but it might work with matte or drying products. I don't use it during the day because I don't think it's specifically designed for the face - I mean, what other moisturizer is sold in 4oz jars, let alone with this price? I've tried using it both day and night, but it was overkill and I think my skin was negatively reacting with it. No breakouts but just the smoothness and texture and got worse, like it was too much for it. Also, when applying it's streaky and white, kinda like it has SPF, but no big deal.

I'm going to try different things but if I ever need to save money I am so going back to this. I love how I can really put a lot on and it has good ingredients. Jar packaging sucks but not the worst thing in the world.

on 5/5/2010 9:49:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

The cream is inexpensive, isn't toxic and does a nice job. There can be an oily feeling if you put on too much but does seem to absorb into the skin. A have acne prone skin and this has been helping with the breakouts and in general my skin has improved with this cream.

on 1/12/2010 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For around $12 or less, you get a huge 4 oz tub of a plain, off-white cream with a faint odor. The texture is thick but light--it sits almost like a gel in the tub. I find I only have to take a small bit to cover my face. The texture on the face is slightly tacky at first, but in about a half hour, the cream is absorbed.

I got tired of paying megabucks for good, but small jars of pricey creams like Clarins and DHC, and the ingredients in the drugstore and dept. store --well, it's like navigating a minefield. Parabens? Other bad ingredients? Where are they on the list? This cream is "70% organic" which is kind of silly as putting in any non organic makes it not organic by definition, but the oils are avocado, wheat germ, almond and there is aloe vera and of course the vitamin e.

Jason is owned by Hain Celestial and they seem dedicated to good products that are good for you, and I am so happy with this cream that I will repurchase.

on 11/11/2009 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is for the 25,000 IU cream. This is a REALLY great moisturiser - i want to say for the size and price, but really on all fronts it's very good. I came across it looking for something to return my dry face to normal when I had a cold last week. I'm surprised to hear some reviewers have had blocked pores and acne after usage since I'm prone to creams being overly heavy and doing that to me, but not this. The consistency is thick , almost like a cold cream. Takes a while to absorb well. It did the job with my parched, sickly skin, and felt very soothing and resorative.

Also my hands have been ultra dry too and i've been slathering on various lotions and potions to try and soften them. Nothing has had much effect except for this!

I just have to update that this just gets even better to use. Who would've thought? I LOVE IT.

on 9/4/2009 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Update: i think this made me break out :/ i got 3 big pimples on my face so now i've been using it on my eye area and around my mouth. i hope its not this and my face is just purging itself of something (as I've been using some new products) and i'll be able to use it again. now i'm just using jojoba oil as a moisterizer (2 drops with my toner) and i've found this quite moisturizing in itself.

i like this. i'm not wowed from it, just bc its a good simple cream. it does have a sticky texture that doesn't absorb immediately but its really moisturizing and i love that. i have acne prone skin that gets very dry everywhere but on and around my nose (weird bc i get acne on my cheeks and forehead). This has not made me break out, leaves me face nice and supple in the morning. i wouldn't use it for day bc 1 its too thick and 2 no spf. just buy it! oh yah and the smell is just bc they don't put fragrance. good for you skin so don't whine.

Great stuff! Thought it might break me out, nope, seems to be helping with acne. I use it alternating with other face creams. Leaves me luminous the next day. It's a bit thick, but soothing, and I like a rich cream anyway.

I bought this after my immense success with the intensive hydrating butter cream (in a similar packaging).

I decided to try this one since I know Vitamin E has a good reputation for hydrating and brightening skin tone.

I was very disappointed with this one though. It's incredibly sticky and seems to refuse to absorb into my skin. I've taken to only using it at night because I can't even hope to get makeup or sunscreen on top of this moisturizer.

I think I'll buy the one I liked before and mix small amounts of this one in just to use it up.

UPDATE:

So, the stickiness and slow absorption still applies, but for now I had to change my rating from a 3 to a 4 because a few days ago I realized that my skin looks better than it has in months... the difference? This cream.

My skin really looks very hydrated and glowing. I'll test a little more, but my rating even might be going to a 5.

on 7/7/2009 12:43:00 AM

This a very nice cream. It moisturizes very well and repairs the skin overnight. When you first put it on, it does feel quite heavy, but then it's a night repair cream so that's ok. It doesn't look shiny at all. However, the cream has too much oil in it for my combination skin and I think it might be contributing to my blackheads. My face looks extremely greasy in the morning. I think this is very good for people with dry skin, but is probably too oily for combination to oily skin. After I'm done with this, I'll try some some kind of oil free antioxidant gel or cream.

on 6/1/2009 11:20:00 AM

Don't mind the packaging at all. I kind of like jars.
It's a good simple moisturizer. I use it on my face, neck and hands. It's very cheap and I like that it has minimal ingredients. I feel safe using it and my face has not reacted by breaking out at all and i have using it for over half a year now. I am very prone to acne, too!
It only gets 4 lippies bc I have used moisturizers like SK-II that give my skin a better texture and moisturizes better on dry flaky winter skin but over all, it's great! No prob with the smell either. Didn't notice it till I read the reviews here.

Popular Moisturizers