The Body Shop Almond Oil Daily Hand & Nail Cream

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii, Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja Oil, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Dicetyl Phosphate, Xanthan Gum,Carbomer, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben,Yellow 6.

on 3/3/2014 7:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Very disappointed, I should've read the reviews before purchasing because it doesn't smell like almonds at all. The smell reminded so much of the cheap stuff from Bath & Body Works that I gave it away after trying it once - it was over powering and the smell was getting to me. It's a shame because I like how it left my hands feeling.

on 3/3/2014 5:21:00 PM

I love this cream because my hands stay very soft and nails are definitely, visibly healthier!!!

The only problems are the strong scent as well as the new packaging in the aluminum tube. It hurts to open it cause the twist cap is so small and hard edged.

on 12/23/2013 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I only shop the Body Shop when there are sales, as their products are so overpriced normally.I picked up this hand cream and didn't use it for ages. I like how it's in a squeeze tube that looks like paint or something (does not look like the image on the product review). I like the smell, although my boyfriend thinks it smells citrusy, I don't get that, it totally smells like nuts to me. It sinks it pretty quickly and doesn't leave you with sticky hands, nice product overall.

I bought this today at The Body Shop - it was 50% off. I used to own the almond hand butter but decided to try the cream as it takes less time to absorb into my hands. I love the scent, it is a fresh, comforting scent.. But as some people have mentioned, I can't say it actually smells like almonds. My hands absorb the product very quickly and they feel really soft. My hands are already in really nice shape and I'm simply trying to keep them that way throughout the Canadian winter. The only downsides are the regular price ($20, which luckily I didn't pay full-price) and the packaging - you have to be careful that it doesn't open up from a small cut in the aluminium, and that you carefully press it out because the opening is a little too big, and too much can come out at once. Overall will probably continue to buy though.

on 7/21/2013 1:10:00 PM

At first I didn't love the smell of this, but I got it at Christmas time when my hands were quite dry so I used it to test it out - so glad I did! The once musty smell was never found again, my hands smelled really... Nutty (obviously) with maybe a hint of coconut? It also deeply moisturised my hands and strengthened my nails, it's now a must have for me!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I got this for free (it was even a fullsize!) when I picked up some other stuff from The Body Shop. I had heard about this product before but I never planned on getting it.

It has a nice scent, but I wouldn't say it smells like almond really. It smells like a hand cream, you know "the typical skincare scent". It dries in quickly and leaves a moisturising feeling. After a few uses of this product my hand felt soft and they looked "healthy".

Pro's:
-Leaves your hands soft and smooth
-Lasts for a long time (you only need a little bit of the product each time you apply it)
-Soaks in QUICKLY! (good news!)
-Even my sister with OCD (google *ocd hands' if you want to see what it looks like) got helped by this product

Con's:
-It doesn't really smell like almonds.

on 3/18/2013 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have tried so many hand creams. The only other one I care for is Triple Lanolin Hand and Nail Conditioner but it has been difficult to find. So I bought this at Ulta when it was on sale and I had a coupon; it is rather pricey. My hands have always been dry...at times to the point where they crack and bleed. And don't even get me started on the hangnails and rough cuticles..ugh. So far, I have been very pleased with this product. I use it 2-3 times a day, making sure to rub some into my nails too. If used consistently, my hands and nails look so much better.

on 2/24/2013 10:57:00 AM

I really hated the new packaging. The smell of this product is slightly a turn off at first but I would say it does hydrates my skin quite well. Most importantly, it does not require us to use a lot of the profuct as it absorbs very well into the skin.

on 1/6/2013 11:06:00 AM

I started using this when I was living in London about 3 years ago. I'm from Florida and never had dry skin in my life but with the move my hands were almost peeling.
This was the hand cream my co-workers used so I tried it out and loved how it made my hands feel soft but not greasy. This literally healed my hands in just a few uses,
In the meantime I moved back to FL but I kept wearing this and my hands are softer than they ever were.
I agree with the complaints regarding the packaging and price but the results make it worth it for me.
I will keep repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the most amazing hand cream ever!! Makes my hands so soft and helps keep my nails and cuticles healthy. My cuticles are always ragged and splitting, but since using this I have noticed a huge difference. My nails grow longer and stronger now because my cuticles are so healthy. Hands stay soft and moisturized. Cream is light but thick enough for the harsh winter months. Packaging sucks though! It used to be in a plastic tube, then they changed to those aluminum painters tubes. Makes it impossible to get all the product out. Near the end of the bottles I usually cut them in half to get everything out then wrap with Saran so it doesn't dry out, but this tube is a soft metal and when I cut my last tube I almost sliced my finger opened trying to get into it. I'll continue to use because it works amazing but I hate the tube!!!

Top Rated The Body Shop Products