Neutrogena Liquid Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Formula

Water, Glycerin, Oleic Acid, Coconut Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Triethanolamine, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, BHT, Trisodium HEDTA, Blue 1, Red 33, Yellow 5, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol

on 12/18/2013 3:47:00 PM

Uhh how many times did I try to like this. And every single time this gave me pimples. But it was so perfect! It didn't dry my face out, it was gentle, left my face so smooth and clean... But... Pimples :(((( still I really recommend this highly. It might work for your skin. Best cleanser for fine skins in my opinion.

on 11/3/2013 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is neither bad nor perfect. It ordinarily cleaned up the skin, doing nothing more ( coping with blackheads, pimples etc.). If you don't expect to get rid of blackheads or pimples, to have a smooth skin then it is OK. This product just makes you feel clean . This was the effect on me.

on 8/30/2013 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

this is perfect for me . i have combination skin and always prone to breakout . almost all cleanser that i used break me out . but this cleanser is not. i felt my skin is smooth , clean and healthy . after 3 weeks using this cleanser , my skin is getting better . no more acne , invisible pores , and my skin looks glowing after using this cleanser .
now im using this cleanser , neutrogena combination skin moisturizer , and a collagen cream to get rid of my scar . it was a perfect combination . will repurchase this definitely .

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Like many here, I used this back in the day when my skin was very oily. Then, of course, I grew up, got a job, and thought I needed more sophisticated products. Well, now at the other end of the spectrum, I thought I'd try it again, as the price is next to nothing. I can see why some people would call this drying, but so far, that hasn't been my experience and my skin is about as sensitive and contrary as you can get. After using this, my skin isn't tight, although I wouldn't go so far as to say it was dewy. The product hasn't made me break out, which is a big deal for me. I don't think I'd go without a moisturizer afterward, though, and winter weather may make this too harsh. But for now, I'm satisfied.
One major thing: IT DOES IRRITATE YOUR EYES. I always use an eye makeup remover first, so I can get around this. But I would not recommend using this to take eye makeup off. In fact, I don't use a cleanser to take any makeup off. If I wear foundation, etc, I use cold cream to remove it before cleaning. That way, I know my skin is clean after I then use the cleanser.
UPDATE 8/13/13: The weather has changed here and it is not as hot and humid as it was. Consequently, I find this cleanser is starting to be too drying for my skin. It has done a great job in clearing up my adult acne, and I'm going to miss using it. However, my husband, who is NOT a product person, has tried it and likes it, so we'll be keeping it. If you have oilier skin, this product could be great for you.

on 7/30/2013 1:26:00 PM

DO NOT BE DECEIVED. This is NOT a gentle face wash. I have combination skin and an acne-prone forehead. I bought this hoping it would clear my acne. Big mistake. I'm definitely allergic to this product. I woke up the next day with swollen, flaky eyes (I think it gave me blepharitis) It dried out my skin badly. It's been a week and my eyes are still swollen. Don't get this product if you have sensitive skin and DON'T get it in your eyes.

on 5/29/2013 3:19:00 PM

I've barely just used it and I love the after feeling. Not dry and not over oiled. Of course I'll update this review, but I'm VERY picky. I have Normal/Dry cheeks and a very oily T-zone. I don't think I'm sensitive, since I can put just about anything on my face but I use things labeled "Sensitive" just in case. This cleanser seems to work. I hate going to bed and waking up with an oily face which is usually due to a moisturizer...which I have yet to find the perfect one. Anyway, it's a bit pricy but I think it's just because you buy the brand. Neutrogena likes to promote their name a lot.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I used to use this when i was a young teenager. I recently picked this up again about a month ago. My skin was getting very oily, as it does when the weather changes and gets warmer, and I was breaking out with cystic acne badly on my chin. I feel like the Olay Fresh Effects cleanser was actually causing the breakouts. I picked this up again after spending about 40 min in the skincare aisle at walmart looking at different products. this really helps a lot with the oily control and did a great job of clearing my chin up. it's a nice basic cleanser. great for combo/oily skin, but dry skin this may not be the best for you.

on 2/10/2013 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This stuff is great, and possibly underrated since I rarely see advertisements for it. I have oily skin which has been dry since the winter. I was using Clinique 3 step system for combination oily skin but it became too drying for this weather. So I tried this cleanser last night and so far so good!

on 1/4/2013 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This was my very first facial wash when I was younger. At first, I liked it. However, not even a year later, I started to break out and get very red dry patches on my face. I started going to a dermatologist and found out that I do have sensitive skin and that this cleanser is one of the more irritating cleansers for sensitive skin (even though they claim to be hypoallergenic and gentle). As in other words, I was breaking out and getting dry patches from the very thing that I thought was cleaning my face. It is very rich in glycerin and if you have sensitive skin, do not look for soap in your facial wash. This formula is not as gentle as they claim to believe they are. That being said, my opinion is based from my opinion only! This may work for you since I am unsure how this reacts to other skin types. However, if you have sensitive skin, I say stay clear from this!

on 10/6/2012 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I use this every night to remove my makeup. It leaves my face squeaky clean, without overdrying and it removes my makeup completely. It doesn't have any acne products in it, but I like that the most about it. It's gentle and more natrual than most cleansers at the drugstore. My HG cleanser. I love the pump too.