Clinique Anti Blemish Solution

2.9

on 12/28/2014 11:59:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have mixed skin (oily parts on the forehead and chin). 2-3 blemishes coming up weekly on the cheeks too. So, I bought that set after recommendation by a Clinique agent.
Two weeks of usage and I have really gone to hell!!!
The foam is smooth, doesn´t smell and your skin feels cleaned and soft.
The Clarifying Lotion is horrible - smells totally like alcohol; my skin burned and got totally dry when I was using it. I stopped using that immediately.
The All Over Clearing Treatment seems to be good, left a good feeling on the skin.

After a couple days using the set, I started to break out even more. After two weeks it got worse. When I stopped using it, my skin break outs got back to normal.

The foam is a mess: It made my skin so dry and red and itchy after using it for a while. But the worst is, that my eyelids got crayfish-coloured red and scaly. They were itchy and burning when you washed your eyes with clear water for 2, 5 MONTHS!!! I wasn´t able to use eyeshadow any more. Any skincare (even dermatologically ones) did nothing or made it worse. So I had to leave the skin alone. The first week my eyelids looked like sunburned. Well, now you will ask yourselves why I washed my lids with the foam??? I didn´t. This skin reaction I just got from basing the face after massaging the foam on the forehead area.

I wouldn´t recommend it to anyone with good conscience.

on 9/18/2014 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have mixed feelings about this 3 step kit. I LOVE the way the cleanser smells (shallow-yeah, I know..) but to be honest--it doesn't do much in the way of cleansing. It doesn't take off makeup well..and I find even with no makeup my face warrants a second wash. The toner(lotion) I also like..it works OK.. works better then the cleanser for sure!.. and I would definitely repurchase that! The 3rd step I love. I use it with other systems (Proactiv) because it gives a bit of moisture(not much, and they changed the name from moisturizer to all over clearing treatment) and also helps clear your face. Over all--i like the products..and even tho I love the way the cleanser smells, I would just repurchase the toner And 3rd step treatment... over all, I think if you had a more exfoliating cleanser to use with the 1st step this might work a bit better....I really believe in Proactiv's way of doing stuff with a exofoliating benzoyl peroxide cleanser...but I like cliniques 3rd step a lot..its a bit less drying then Proactiv's. I think you just haveto give it a try---AND substitute the cleanser with a benzoyl peroxide cleanser every couple days at least.

on 9/18/2014 2:05:00 AM

I have been using this product for over 2 weeks and all it did was to give me a forehead full off pimples. I cant believe that whis could give me more pimples. Gonna use it for another 2 weeks and se if it makes any difference.

on 9/17/2014 11:50:00 PM

I really wanted to love this product. My sister has been using for over a year and it works beautifully. I thought I'd give it a go to try and help wit hormonal breakouts. I used exactly as directed and after the first few days my skin got worse. I just that it may have ben bringing to the surface already forming pimples. But no. I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt and continued to use it for about 2 months. It broke my skin out so bad. Instead of having my occasional breakouts, there was not one time I was without pimples. So needless to say I'm not using this product anymore but I'm o angry at myself for wasting $100 on something that made my skin worse. At least my sister can have it and it's not completely going to waste.

on 8/30/2014 12:41:00 AM

I don't usually use Clinique for moisturiser but I thought I would give this one a go as I do suffer with mild acne and as I was going to try out a Clinique foundation which also helps with skin, I thought the combination would work. I have quite dry skin and this really wasn't great for me. Every time I washed my face and applied this cream it would just crumble away. I thought maybe it was the face wash I was using so I switched face wash and it still happens. So I can't apply any make up because the moisturiser just peels off/ crumbles away. It also doesn't have the best smell. I don't like the consistency of it either - it's quite runny. I wouldn't recommended it or buy it again. It says for all skin types but I wouldn't recommend for Dry. :)

on 8/19/2014 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I've taken this product and it does work, I tried it for 3 weeks and saw that my skin did improve, and still use it as part of my regime. I'm currently using this product to treat my skin from the outside and another product biocorrex skin beauty which I take as capsules daily, and feel that the two compliment each other quite well!

on 8/17/2014 4:21:00 PM

I bought the foam in Spain and the improvement I have seen in my skin is unreal. I use the foam 2 times a day (morning and night) and let it sit until the foam bubbles have disappeared and then rinse. I did this same cycle with a different foam I was using before just to make it more effective. I absolutely recommend this product, regardless of price.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hi guys, I have made a full review on this product on my blog please do visit and show the love. Http://www.thecybersurgeon.blogspot.com

on 7/5/2014 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

As someone with combination oily Asian skin, I believe this product ruined my skin and made it worse. I rashly bought this expensive 3-step care product in an attempt to solve my sudden acne outbreaks only for more pimples to start appearing on my forehead and cheeks.
Despite the good reviews i read, this product did not work for me at all and severely dried out my cheek even after moisturising.
After researching why I wasn't getting results, I found that all the alcohol and chemicals in this product made my skin lose its natural shine by stripping natural oils and caused my forehead to become even more oily.
I switched to alcohol-free gentle cleaners and am slowly getting back my normal skin.
Wouldn't recommend and regretful about the amount of money spent on this product.

on 7/2/2014 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm Indian, with combination skin (oily cheeks and forehead), along with severe, scar leaving acne. Yup, I got the whole package.

I'm well into my late 20s, and after having tried practically every brand (Kiehl's, Bioderma, L'Oreal, Neutrogena etc.) that promised to clear up my skin, and didn't, I refused to try Clinique, convinced that I just had to live with walking around with at least 3 white headed pimples on my face for the rest of my life.

Until someone gave me one of their tester sets. And I wished I'd used it sooner. The product is wonderful.Let me explain - The cleanser makes your skin feel fresh and clean, and doesn't dry it out. On weekends, I often just wash my face, and then apply no moisturiser, but my skin does just fine. The toner calms and cools your skin.

However, I did not find the moisturiser useful, it was far too light.

So when I went to buy the Cleanser and Toner, I bought another Clinique product - Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel. Which was once again, a real find - it's the only moisturiser that has ever kept my skin soft and smooth without making it the least bit oily.

Ever since, I have never used a non Clinique product on my face, (including compact, which is the only make up I use). The 2 step system had calmed my face, I rarely ever get a pimple, and the moisturiser is absolutely great.

I would recommend it for sure, to anyone who has whiteheads, and oily skin, and is living in despair. Having lived with acne for over 15 years, I wouldn't make this recommendation lightly.

One thing it does not do, is erase acne scars. For anyone who's reading this, no product will do that. It does lighten them, but that's only from black to brown/reddish. Acne scars are for life, unless you're willing to do a surgical procedure like laser or microdermambrasion.

In conclusion, great products (the cleanser and the toner), practically cleared up my acne 99%, non - drying, and the Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel - light, hydrating and keeps your skin oil free.

Yes, they're expensive, but for what it achieved, I find it absolutely worth it.

Popular Treatments (Face)