Paula's Choice RESIST Weekly Retexturizing Foaming Treatment 4% BHA

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water, Butylene Glycol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), Dimethyl Isosorbide (solvent), Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine (antistatic agent), Salicylic Acid (beta hydroxy acid exfoliant), Citric Acid (pH adjuster), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Glycyrrhiza Uralensis (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritant), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (anti-irritant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Allantoin (anti-irritant), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidant), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (anti-irritants), Borage Officinalis (Borage) Extract (antioxidant), Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm) Bark Extract, Lamium Album (White Nettle) Flower Extract, Arctium Major (Burdock) Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract (anti-irritants), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil (non-fragrant plant oils/antioxidants), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Propylene Glycol (slip agent), Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

on 12/31/2014 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This works really well at exfolating, however after using it as directed for a couple months, I noticed that when I was putting it on, it imparted a really awful smell. Not sure what happened but it is really unpleasant to use...

on 12/31/2014 5:23:00 PM

I had really high hopes for this product based on the other reviews as well as my experience with other Paula's choice products. Unfortunately this gave me a horrible red bumpy (orange peel like), itchy rash that took days to heal. I don't have sensitive skin so I am guessing i may be allergic to an ingredient. I had this reaction all over my face as well as my back... i did a test patch on my wrist that did not have a reaction so i made the horrible mistake of trying it on my face again only to experience the same thing. I would not repurchase and i would recommend caution to those using it to do a small patch test on their face before applying everywhere.

on 12/8/2014 11:51:00 AM

LOVE!!

on 8/18/2014 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is unlike any other exfoliant I've used - even better than her other exfoliants. When people say you see results overnight, it is not an exaggeration! I've been using the Hydralight line from Paula's Choice for two years now, with the addition of this 4% BHA foam, the Resist super light antioxidant serum and her vitamin c serum.

I used to have mild Rosacea with both flaky and oily skin, but now my skin is even, smooth and luminous. I keep a backup in stock because I don't ever want to be stuck w/o it! It is not unusual for friends to ask about what skincare I use and this is the first product I tell them about.

on 8/16/2014 10:13:00 PM

Probably the best PC BHA formulation, although I do like quite a few of the others, this gives the best "instant" results. Use this a couple times weekly at night, and I guarantee you'll notice brighter, smoother, more even skin after a few days use.

on 7/14/2014 10:34:00 AM

I have diagnosed sebaceous hyperplasia, which is bumps that result from damaged pores. While they look like pimples, they aren't pimples and there is no real effective treatment for it. I am using the 4% BHA Foam together with the BHA 9 and Retin A Micro, sort of on a rotating schedule. I even sometimes combine the 4% BHA Foam with the BHA 9 on my problem areas. The results have been very very good, the bumps have flattened and some have disappeared. However, it is not a cure, it is only a treatment, and if I let up for even a day, I can see the bumps returning. Nevertheless, I am so encouraged, because for the first time in years I can see my forehead looking smooth(er) and even a bit luminous. I am so happy that Paula makes these amazing products.

If you have a condition like sebaceous hyperplasia, I recommend you try the BHA 4% Foam, BHA 9 and Retin A Micro. So far, these products seem to be working for me.

Thank you Paula!

on 7/11/2014 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A very, very strong treatment from paula's choice, only used it for about a month once a week and although it is really great at taking away clogged pores or reducing acne size it is sooooo strong! It dried out my skin tons and left my irritated and dehydrated.

Would not recommend to sensitive skin types!

on 6/30/2014 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love this stuff, melts away my blackheads and never irritates my skin. Great product!

UPDATE 4/30/2015: While this still is a good product, I've been using the PC Resist 2% BHA twice daily and doing a once a week peel using MUAC 8% BHA. That regimen is working great for me, keeping my pores clear and bumps to a minimum. I'll use up this bottle, but won't repurchase. Still a good product, though!

on 5/23/2014 10:20:00 AM

I love how this product sinks right in. The foam is nice for a change, and it really does work. After one use, my skin looks even and soft, and my pores are smaller. I can't wait to see what will happen with continued use.

on 5/21/2014 2:15:00 PM

I'm not a PC fan at all, but I love this product. Prior to using this, I hadn't found a BHA that worked for me. I tried numerous ones from different brands, including PC's 2% BHA regular and extra strength liquid as well has her BHA 9. Everything I tried caused breakouts. My skin is sensitive/reactive, extremely clog prone, and oily. I started getting a lot of clogged pores about two months ago. This made a noticeable difference overnight. My skin looked radiant, pores appeared smaller, small breakouts were almost gone-- all overnight. This is strong; I can only use it once every 1-2 weeks. I find that one pump is more than enough for my entire face. In fact, I use half a pump. I only need a very thin layer. If I apply too much or too often, my skin does get irritated and flaky. I've gone from noticeable pores, especially on my nose, to nearly invisible pores. This product truly does help keep my pores clear, which is what makes them appear smaller. As someone who tries to stick to products that have minimal ingredients, this one scared me. It has a lot of extracts and things I would normally stay away from, but it works somehow. Amazing stuff. Love it.

Popular Treatments (Face)