Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/2/2015 5:40:00 PM

I do not think these should be looked at as eyeshadows to wear alone, unless you want or prefer a very natural look. I think these are more geared to use in conjunction with the 12-pan Naked palettes, as base shades, transition shades, brow bone shades, etc. I think if you are looking at this palette and expecting a 'wow' eyeshade look alone, you will be disappointed.

That said, I love this palette.
I love using it alone for days I want a more natural look. I also love pairing it with shimmer shadows, so to me, this palette is very versatile. But I think the 'palette' word has connotations for some as being a one-stop-shop-eyeshadow.. and as I said some may very well find these shades "boring" if that is what they are looking for. There is no shimmer, these are pretty matte, which, if that is what you ar elooking for, this palette is definitely worth a look. It seems in general people prefer this or volume 2, and I prefer this, even though volume 2 is touted as cooler toned shades (and I prefer cooler tones), I just prefer this over volume 2.

Anyhoo, these apply very easily for me, blend very nicely, and I get a good 8 hours or more wear from these. FABULOUS!!

I also like the slim package, great for tucking in the purse or for travel!!
Nice-sized mirror, to boot!!

I like these shadows but they are all really basic. Nothing exciting. I do think venus is great for the brow bones and w.o.s is great as a base shade but the rest are just alright for me.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a good basic palette i use it for a natural everyday look or paired with my single eyeshadows as it gives all the basic shading colors.

Its not crazy pigmented but its good pigmentation and its easy to work with.

A great small sized palette that is easy to travel with too.

on 2/11/2015 2:32:00 PM

Holla!!! My go to eye palette. I love that the shades are matte and natural! Also very pigmented! So use caution and blend well because a little goes a long way. If you're into naturals or are looking for a versatile palette I would highly recommend this (original for warmer tones, Naked2 is cooler tones)! The lighter shades and Faint are great for subtle looks and I like that there's that matte black in there if you want to go more bold.

The shadows themselves I find are very pigmented, especially Faint and Crave (the dark brown and black). I don't usually use an eye primer (I do use foundation) and I don't think it's necessary with these. There is a bit of fallout but only noticeable with the two dark shades, I would recommend being careful with application of the black as you would with most blacks anyways. I have yellow undertones and Foxy is actually my favourite shade in this palette! I use it over the entire lid, brow bone and inside corners to brighten up and highlight.

At $34 CAD I think it's worth it when it's one of the few palettes I genuinely like all of the shades, also because it's quite pigmented you don't need to use a lot of product anyways.

on 2/8/2015 7:31:00 AM

I spent ages looking for a decent every day nutral pallett. I settled on this one. It had 5 matt shades and one highlighter. I love this pallett you can create a range of nutral looks and used with a few other colours many more. Some colours I use more than others, but I would say 5/6 are used very regularly. It's a great basic pallett which is a nice dinky size so can go with me everywhere (unlike the larger naked palletts). I think this pallett has been well thought out and the quality is great as expected with urban decay.

on 2/8/2015 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Honestly, I've used drugstore eyeshadows better than this. I usually don't wear eyeshadow, but do every now and then when I'm bored and have extra time to get ready, or want to look extra nice for a dinner/event or for whatever reason. My main problem with this was the fallout. It was ridiculous, and made a huge mess. It was rather chalky too, making it difficult to blend seamlessly. If I wear eyeshadow, I want it to look great. This stuff had great reviews online and on YouTube. I've even seen girls use tutorials using this and it looks great ? I have good makeup brushes and everything, so I know that can't be the problem. Maybe I got a bad one ? Lol but when other people describe this palette im like, "are we talking about the same product !?" because this stuff is dry, chalky, and a total mess to use. The fallout is just so wasteful. It's a shame, because I love the concept of this palette, and I love other urban decay eyeshadows ? Just wasn't a hit for me. You can't go wrong with the urban decay naked palette, though. If you're looking for a great nude eyeshadow palette go for the naked or naked 2 palette.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

If I could only have one palette, this would be it. Super versatile, I pretty much use this to start off any look that I do, and there is plenty in there to do a variety of looks with only this palette! Nice and soft shadows, not too powdery or chalky, and easy to blend.

on 2/4/2015 5:05:00 PM

Totally love this palette! When I bought it, I never expected I would use it so often. Here what I like about it:

- colors are so pegmented and look so luxurous on eyes
- they are satiny but matt at the same time
- the texture is a tiny bit creamy that gives a feeling that it moisturises your lids but it is not greasy of course.

Here is my video featuring my daily make-up made with Basics palette:

on 2/4/2015 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This Naked Basic is a HG for me. I've had it for over a year, and I still love it as much as whe I first bought it. On its own, the look is polished and natural, and so office friendly. Paired w brighter colors, it helps to create wearable fun looks. I'm a neutral eye kind of girl so this palette is right up my alley. The quality of the powder IMHO is fantastic - smooth, pigmented, blendable, (not patchy at all). Never thought I'll ever buy the same eyeshadow palette again, this will be the first.

on 1/30/2015 3:14:00 PM

When I picked up this little palette, I had no idea how much I would love it. In the pan, it looked plain, matte, and multi-tasking. I thought I would need to add shimmery eyeshadows along with this palette while traveling. Well, I have to say, this little palette surprised me completely. Fine milled, glowing and pigmented, these eyeshadows have been the only one's I've been using since I have purchased them. Venus (the first,white shadow of the palette) has become one of my HG eyeshadows (I find it being the only shimmery eyeshadow of the palette). I use it for the lid, inner corners of my eyes, brow bones, highlighting-you name it. I am completely in love with all 6 eyeshadows. I've used this palette for work, for going out. It is the only palette I found that can take you from day to night beautifully. Against my NC25 asian skin, I find that all colors are very flattering and eyeshadows would work with all eye colors. I've never had such a complimentary kit, where I have loved every single color before. Sometimes the naked/neutral colors can run too warm, or too grey. These are all spot on and literally glow against my skin.

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
NAKED
The Nudes
NAKED3

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Simple Daily Makeup Tutorial (Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette) by Anna Boroshok

Top Rated Urban Decay Products