Smashbox Be Legendary (All Shades)

4.4

on 6/12/2014 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I love the lipstick in Pretty Social. So beautiful rosy pink color with creamy finish. I love that it feels moisturizing, however it does not last long. I find it very similar to Bobbi Brown's Bikini Pink.

on 6/11/2014 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I have these in two shades, Vivid Violet and Pout, one of which I hate, the other I looove. Pout is more of an electric, cool toned iced baby pink, and I really don't have many good things to say about it. First of all, I always go for pinks because I find them really reliable, I think this is the only shade of pink to have ever let me down. Its not true to colour, in the tube it looks as though its going to be a nice baby pink but once I put it on my lips it looks like a horrid salmon pink that's too sheer and looks quite tacky and sticky. It wears really badly, it lasts about an hour on the lips if that. Would not buy this one again.
On the flipside, Vivid Violet restored my faith in Smashbox lipsticks. Its a gorgeous Mulberry purple shade as opposed to a violet for me, as its quite deep although it does flash an iridescent light violet when you catch it in the right light. Very vampy, very beautiful, and I have really been into purple lately, purple lips, eyes, blushes, I just love it. Not really summer appropriate, but I like to defy the conventions. Again, this is another shade that I like to pair with MAC's Magenta lip liner, my favourite liner of all time. It wears so much better than pout, it lasts a good four hours plus.
Overall, I think the Be Legendary line is a little hit and miss for me. I won't write it off just yet, as I haven't really bought too many of them, but I definitely wouldn't be in a hurry to repurchase Pout. Vivid Violet is worth the money though.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

LOVE. I picked up Fig on a friend's recommendation (we are both Dark Autumns). The color is unreal, a deep warm plum. I tried it on in Sephora and immediately found myself at the checkout, where the sales associate asked me before I left if that's what I had on, because it looked great. When I got to my car and opened the box, I was even more thrilled. The packaging is modern and adorable, a matte black rectangular tube with the Smashbox logo.

The more I use this product, the more I love it. It's moisturizing, reasonably long-wearing, and the color is just amazing.

on 5/20/2014 1:19:00 AM

i bought this lipstick in fushia flash and although it's a pretty color, it's way too loud for me. Nice matte formula and finish.

on 1/20/2014 7:20:00 PM

Love the color Fig. I have light olive skin with green eyes and wanted something rich but not overpowering. As soon as I put this on at Sephora and looked in the mirror, my initial response was YES. I really don't care about packaging, so I have no comment on that.

on 1/18/2014 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love this lipstick! I have it in Nylon Nude and this is what I hoped Nars Honolulu Honey would be. It's creamy but not shiny but not matte (I hope that makes sense). It is a little thick but I'm assuming that's what gives such a great color payoff. Its the perfect nude for my C6/NC42 skin and has pink undertones.

I don't like the square packaging tho, its the only con.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Nc40. I have this in Honey, waiting on chai in the mail. I'm always looking for flattering nude lipsticks on my tan skintone. Most are too pale or too cool toned. Honey is a warm mid-tone nude. A nice mix of peach, pink, and beige. Gives enough color that it doesn't make my lips disappear into my skintone or make it look dull. I would compare the color to mac mineralize in posh tone. Posh tone is lighter though and more beige. Both look good on nc40. The formula of the smaskbox is thicker than the mineralize l/s. Has a slightly tacky creamy feeling, which stays on great and keeps my lips looking moist. While I love the mac l/s, I prefer this one since it stays on better. Scent is a very very light vanilla, almost undetectable, which is a plus in my book.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

latte matte... I'm a tan/olive skin tone.. love it!!!

on 11/8/2013 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this lipstick in nylon nude, melondrama and latte matte. It's absolutely my fav lipstick.

on 9/24/2013 1:28:00 PM

I have this in nylon nude which is a pigmented nude which covers my pink lips and gives me the nude lip I have been looking for. Be Legendary is a great formula that is creamy and does not dry out my lips.

Popular Lipsticks