Sephora Supreme Cleansing Oil

3.0

Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), PEG-6 Sostearate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Seed Oil, Fragrance, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, BHT.

on 6/8/2013 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using Boscia Make-Up Break-Up Cleansing Oil for years and I love it. Easy to use and works well at removing all of my makeup. I thought I would try the Sephora brand of cleansing oil because it is less expensive ($14 compared to Boscia at $26). It is way to thin and runny. On the opposite spectrum of Josie Maran (really thick). It also contains mineral oil which most people like to avoid. I still gave it 3 "stars" because it did remove all of my makeup and rinsed off okay. And the pump on it is very handy. I did return it though and bought my beloved Boscia. :)

on 5/29/2013 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I like this product. It is a bit hard to remove, but you have to actually add a good deal of water and turn it into a "lotion" to emulsify it, and then it is easier to rinse off. I like to follow up with my Aveeno Clear Complexion foaming cleanser, and once I've rinsed that, my skin looks wonderful. This literally melts makeup off of my face, and I like it much better than cleansing cloths. Plus, all you need is one pump, so I see this stuff lasting me quite a while.

on 4/16/2013 7:53:00 PM

On my second bottle of this. I am devoted to oil cleansers. My all-time fave is DHC Deep Cleansing Oil. I don't love this as much, but considering it's a good $10 cheaper for more or less the same size, and that I am on a tight budget ... Unlike DHC's, this has to be emulsified before the final rinse. No prob for me because I wouldn't DREAM of going to bed until my skin is squeaky-clean so I always wash my face with a mild cleanser (a scrub twice a week) after removing my MU (thanks to that I didn't have any ghastly "purge" problems when I went on Trentoid treatment). I'm pleased with this prod and I would recommend it.

on 4/3/2013 11:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was horrible. I tried this because it was cheaper than the Josie Moran and was hoping it would work just as good- not even close. This oil is too thick and was harder to get off than the makeup. Would not buy again.

on 12/31/2012 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I must admit that I'm surprised by the bad reviews. As some one who's lazy for removing the whole make-up traces at the and of the day with rosacea prone-dry skin,

on 12/28/2012 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

its the worse! i cant get this off my face.. bleh.
it was much cheaper than shiseido which is why i bought it thinking there couldnt be much of a difference..

bleh bleh bleh, i have to wash the cleanser off with another cleanser.. go figure.

on 9/21/2012 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Hmmm... well this dry-skinned gal LUVS this oil! It quickly and gently removes every trace of makeup--even waterproof mascara.

For myself, I find that it removes extremely easily with a warm-water soaked washcloth. I typically followup an oil-cleanser with a light face-wash of something a little more "soapy," but with this one have not found that necessary at all. (If you are having issues removing it, though, try the followup with a soapier cleanser, then rinse.)

Reasonably priced, readily accessible, and works like a dream. A definite repurchase for me!

on 8/27/2012 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I have used olive oil and castor oil to cleanse my skin in the past, and had good results. This oil never completely rinsed off of my skin. I applied it to my dry face, massaged it in, then splashed water and tried to rub it off. I even took a shower after this, but the residue never went away. It started as a dewy look, but by 10 am morphed into full on oil that I could feel on my skin. I cleaned it up with an oil-absorbing sheet, which helped a lot, but my skin still looked shiny. This is definitely going back to Sephora. You might like if you have extremely dry skin-- maybe.

on 8/19/2012 1:05:00 PM

I just bought this yesterday on the high recommendations of one of the girls from Sephora who also uses it.

I used it for the first time today and really liked it. I made sure I only used 1 pump on dry skin, then after it was rubbed in I put a bit of water on my fingers and it did turn into a lotion, I just kept putting my fingers under the water and rubbing it in. It did not leave any oil on my face whatsoever - came completely off no problem and my skin felt nice and soft afterwards. Followed up with a moisturizer.

I do know that this is the first time I have used it so I will come and update my review when I have used it consistently.

on 12/12/2011 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this is the worst cleansing product i ever had.when you try to wash it away with water instead of transforming into a milky liquid it becomes truly waterproof.i couldn't wast it in any way as it became an oily sticky mess.i had to use toilet paper to get it of my face.didn't anyone from sephora try it before they got it out in the market?this product is seriously a joke.